Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Guild Headquarters  (Read 6234 times)

Kurando

Guild Headquarters
« on: January 25, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

It's just an idea, but how about introducing Guild Headquarters in the game. It would be a place where players of any level can join the guild, then if they wish, for-take missions (as side quests), and earn themselves gold/exp/gems etc.

Here, missions can be made available by admins/mods (or whoever is chosen to run the guild), but at the same time players can make requests too. Say for instance, if I was after a certain item, I could post a request at the guild asking somebody to find it for me. If they complete the mission, that person would be rewarded at the Guild with something I submitted (gold/items/gems etc), relative to the difficulty of the mission.

There could be missions that involve killing a certain number of enemies, checking out a special location, or even maybe slaying other players. Limits could also be introduced to a select number of missions. The limits could range from player turns, to game days or even till you reach a specific level before the mission can be classed as complete. Missions will also vary in length according to what needs to be done.

Taking that in to account, players could gain ranks exclusive to being a member of the guild. These ranks would roughly identify how many quests a player has taken, and how well they get the job done. A player may also need to be a specific rank for certain missions. This could be due to the difficulty, or maybe because a player requested a higher rank character for the job.

I think it could work quite well, and may increase relations between players. There is a lot more that can be introduced to this Guild idea, though it depends on what people thing about it so far.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Headquarters
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 07:33:28 PM »

Everything you just said can be found in Ichiraku's Ramen ;)
Czarguy
Race:Wind
Mount:Shadow Lion the Pakkun
Seal:Curse Seal

Koneko

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »

Everything you just said can be found in Ichiraku's Ramen ;)

But this is a ITEM Gainer too.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:48:56 PM »

No, it would make that part of the game to easy. What items were you thinking of?
Czarguy

Kurando

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 09:04:40 PM »

It would be like whole organization unique to shinobi legends, which would offer more that Ichiraku's Ramen.
When i thought about it, the items i was thinking of was anything really. Shurikens, apples, scrolls maybe, whatever is available in the game, even new items may be introduced, i don't know. It would'nt make the game easier, just more adventurous. Some people may get bored leveling up, slaying players, and beating Orochimaru day after day. However you see it, the guild gives players more of a choice.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:24 PM »

You need more detail in your feature request which might affect many many members of SL.

What are the ranks?
New missions might be needed....

Here, missions can be made available by admins/mods (or whoever is chosen to run the guild), but at the same time players can make requests too. Say for instance, if I was after a certain item, I could post a request at the guild asking somebody to find it for me. If they complete the mission, that person would be rewarded at the Guild with something I submitted (gold/items/gems etc), relative to the difficulty of the mission.

So you are saying, if someone wants a red apple, they need to submit their request into the guild, someone else finds it for them, and then the person who finds the apple will give it over to the person who submitted the request?

After answering that question, what will be the reward for the person who found the apple, and who will give that reward to him/her, the game?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:33:26 PM by ace »

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 09:46:18 PM »

Mission Request: Get me Special Ink!

I think not.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »

I think not.

You just wanted to steel the light off of me didn't you?

Now my question doesn't really matter =(.

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »

Mission: Defeat Ero-Senin's Small Frog Warrior?

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 09:56:52 PM »

I think not.

You just wanted to steel the light off of me didn't you?

Now my question doesn't really matter =(.

Erm...sorry? <.<
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Shigeo

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »

Maybe instead of making the missions be given out by players or mods, they could  be given by random NPCs from the Narutoverse: i.e. Tazuna, Konohamaru, etc., and instead of items that can be used, like Red Apple or Poisoned Kunai, it can be random things like Tazuna's Sake Jug, or Konohamaru's Scarf. >> And the rewards....anywhere from 10-1000 gold, maybe 1-4 gems randomly added? Dunno yet.

This way, people can't just use this as a means to obtain loot that's meant to be hard to get, like the Rasengan items and the Special Ink. If this sounds favorable, I will attempt to flesh out Kurando's idea a bit further, using his original request as a basis, and will post it when I have time.

czarguy

• Zabuza is the man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 03:36:52 AM »

Maybe instead of making the missions be given out by players or mods, they could  be given by random NPCs from the Narutoverse: i.e. Tazuna, Konohamaru, etc., and instead of items that can be used, like Red Apple or Poisoned Kunai, it can be random things like Tazuna's Sake Jug, or Konohamaru's Scarf. >> And the rewards....anywhere from 10-1000 gold, maybe 1-4 gems randomly added? Dunno yet.

This way, people can't just use this as a means to obtain loot that's meant to be hard to get, like the Rasengan items and the Special Ink. If this sounds favorable, I will attempt to flesh out Kurando's idea a bit further, using his original request as a basis, and will post it when I have time.
Shigeo, you make this idea sound good i'll retract my opinion until I see what you come up with.
Czarguy

Kurando

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 12:49:50 PM »

Yeah anything could work. I was just describing it in the way i saw it when i first thought about it. Just see my idea as kinda like a template, and then expand it further with your own ideas, till you get to a point when you think it might actually work.
Missions given out by NPCs is a good idea too, and i guess you are right Shigeo, about not allowing people to use the guild as a means to obtain hard to find loot. Of course you could ban certain items from appearing in the guild if they are too rare, i dunno.

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 12:52:15 PM »

There are plans to redo the current missions, but Oliver just doesn't have the time to do so. Once he has a base module for missions, I can help write tons of missions for each rank.

Shigeo

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 03:26:43 AM »

There are plans to redo the current missions, but Oliver just doesn't have the time to do so. Once he has a base module for missions, I can help write tons of missions for each rank.

Then we shall work together!! For great justice! >>

First three mission ideas about halfway done now. >> <<

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.