Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Specialties With Stats  (Read 6595 times)

Baluski

• View Profile
Re: Specialties With Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 07:07:26 PM »

The problem is, there is no problem. Now that stats are involved, we can make the jutsu how they should be. A medical nin has high intelligence and much dexterity, so why should you be able to use that jutsu if you only have points put into constitution and strength? Sorry, it doesn't work that way anymore.
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

MoonTiger

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »

I like the idea of these stuff, however isn't it possible to get a 1 timer DK point reset Neji? It would be a bit more fair imho. I don't mind using taijutsu alone, but I would've just reached Katon, and now I can't use it for 3 more DK-s :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 07:41:45 PM by MoonTiger »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »

A reset is a possibility, but I will *not* reset every month... and this would be it as there already was one not so long ago...

People will rant "hey, you changed something, now it would cost me 1 oro kill, so go ahead and let us reset to adapt to this new situation"...

Folks.

If you want an agile fighter, choose dex.
If he should be strong, too...then...

that should be your primary issue.

I cannot (!) understand how people with 100 oro kills have ALL on str/dex

I mean, wow, they are uber-strong and agile.
But they have the brains of an acad, the sturdyness of a 12-year-old ... and so on Oo

One or two bad stats are OK. Females are normally not  that high in constitution like the male counterparts, but more agile (lighter, too).
For example.
And high intelligence might come with a lack of dexterity, never had time to train, just studied...

Think about it in real life... people who excel *everywhere* are pretty rare, don't you think?
But some have at least average stats.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »

Um, I have one idea that may be a good compromise.

Instead of not being able to choose things based on rank, why not make the damage they do dependant on certain stats?

For instance, someone with only 10 strength wouldn't be as good in taijustu, as someone with 40.

You know, like that.

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Rokudaime

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »

I don't mind the system. I just can't believe I have to wait to use Suna ninjutsu. :cry:
I used points on everything, but constitution.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 11:25:08 PM »

I don't mind the system. I just can't believe I have to wait to use Suna ninjutsu. :cry:
I used points on everything, but constitution.

A good example as to why this new feature is needed.  :D

Shigeo

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »

Wasn't the stat system made so we could have sort of 'specialty' characters, ones that are unique ? This sorta defeats the purpose by forcing you to put points into certain stats....but Mihamaru's idea could save it. :O

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

Do the stats needed for a specialty increase as you get more dks?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 11:44:30 PM by ace »

Duelist

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:06 AM »

As far as I can tell no, and it shouldnt either...what if you need 11 Con for something...next dk you get 11 Con only to find out it costs 12 Con :shock:

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008, 12:30:24 AM »

of course, you can say it's "beta" in that terms.

But the number of oro kills necessary could have changed all the time, though. And it did not.

I'd rather keep it, and make it not overly hard.

But, @defeating the purpose, no, it does not. You can be unique, but what is unique if ANYBODY who has the same oro kills as you can choose your specialty Oo
now, he needs at least a few minimum requirements. No "intelligence 10" dumbo will get medical ninjutsu... and if you meet a medical nin, you know he has to be smart...

I want to see a stupid doctor with nervous hands...
nope, if you see a doctor in the hospital, you know he has at least a basic skill and basic "attributes" if you want to call it like that.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2008, 12:38:36 AM »

Wasn't the stat system made so we could have sort of 'specialty' characters, ones that are unique ? This sorta defeats the purpose by forcing you to put points into certain stats....but Mihamaru's idea could save it. :O

If a character put all of his/her dks in strength and dexterity, that character isn't really smart.

Now this is common sense. Everyone is smart in a way, but your character NEEDS to become smart, and they need to become strong, and they need to have wisdom.

I think of this new system as connecting with a real person, now these COMMON SENSE things can be incorporated into our characters. We should make our character smart, but some don't. This new system can make sure of that.

Now SL can be comprised of many smart people, or strong people, or characters with wisdom, etc...  ^^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:42:13 AM by ace »

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:57 AM »

Then by your definition Neji, someone with 50 intelligence should be a better doctor.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2008, 01:08:37 AM »

your logic is flawed.

I never said anything about progessive stuff.

I said, to name an example instantly, that somebody with no brains can become a doctor (med).

How did you squeeze out "the bigger the score the better he is at his job" ? =)

if he is hypersmart... I can give you examples why he is actually worse than somebody with "lower stats" ^^

but well, that would take this discussion the wrong way.

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2008, 01:10:43 AM »

I suggested the progreeive stuff.

For instance, it has been mentioned that genjustu is best used by smart people. So wisdom+intelligence=better genjustu.

benitofussolini

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 03:42:47 AM »

Hey Neji, quick question.

You said the new stat system involving dexterity/strength/wisdom etc. would allow for great customization and some uniqueness right?

By having jutsu rely on stats people will not be able to have the complete customization of their character if they are worried about how it will affect the jutsu. I for one love to concentrate on speed, having a preffered ratio of dexterity and intelligence. With a little added strength for that extra little something. I'm (was) planning on doing a wisdom every now and then so I wouldn't suffer too much, but I figured just like in many other games, and in real life, If I'm crazy fast with fair strength, and above average intelligence then defense isn't a neccessity. If I get in a fight with someone in a real situation, I would win because A) I'm smarter B) I'm faster c)I have good stamina. I win not because I'm uber strong, or because I can take a shovel to the face, I win because I'm fast enough to get in multiple hits, the stamina to keep at it, and the intelligence to use the things effectively. (I know... I'm starting to repeat myself, but I honestly think this is the worst change ever made to the game [[no offense Neji]], with shallow arguements to back it up [[again no offense]].)

Guess what!

With 10 constitution, I now have to focus on that for the next 6 dragon kills, just because I like speed. No longer can I proceed with my plans, but I must take the time to focus on the tedious task of more dragon kills (Not all of us have crazy amounts of forest fights like the higher DK count people), before I can proceed with my preference of customization.

I propose this:

If a new jutsu is introduced, make THAT have DK requirements.

At first I didn't like the new stat system, but the realization I could have a fast character instead of just a strong or defensive character got me stoked. Now, I'll force myself to get on the game instead of looking forward to it. When I was a lowly academy student, I went through a period of being bored with the game because it took so long to get to the cool stuff. I stuck to it though, and I was glad I did. Now the same old feeling is coming back with a vengance.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:15:11 AM by benitofussolini »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.