Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Anonomyous  (Read 5898 times)

sushigewd2.0

Re: Anonomyous
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2008, 01:11:32 PM »

thats the thing about anonymous, all these things are them, and yet none of it is. the scientology thing is clearly not backed by all of the group, nor is the ruining of other peoples lives. anonymous really has no leader and thus all members have their own ideas of what the organization really is.  So you really cant go around saying how they are all really great for their war against scientology, or horrible for what they do to people's lives because neither of them is really what anonymous stands for, and yet, they are what they stand for.

Satake

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »

I don't know about you, but the majority opinion of the public is usually what gives a group its reputation.

Their reputation is "a bunch of people who antagonize people for <insert reason here.  ex: they don't know>"

To the public, that's what they "stand for".  It doesn't matter what the group thinks they stand for, it's how they look in the eyes of the public.  It's like being put on trial; if the jury or judge thinks your guilty, you're guilty until new and convincing evidence is brought forward.  It doesn't matter what the defendant thinks.

And a group needs a certain amount of organization to be a group.  As anonymous "really has no leader and thus all members have their own ideas of what the organization really is", they're basically a bunch of people who claim to be anonymous and part of a super-secret group that only act within a very small circle.  In reality they don't have a lot of communication with one another and likely don't have that much of a life.

For all we know, they could be a bunch of 40 year old, fat and balding men who still live in their mom's basement and they're resentful for being stood up by Cindy Lue in high school, and because of that they're angry at the world and want to punish scientologists/homosexuals/depressed teens/<racist terms>/<racist terms for people who aren't part of a specified race>/addicts/the mentally handicap/otherkin/the world for it.      /run-on sentance

If I were part of anonymous, I wouldn't want to be associated with the guy who was stupid enough to confuse John with Jack.  They're two totally different people, and it makes a "group" look bad as a whole for one person's screw-up.  And that's a pretty bad screw-up for someone who's got access to personal information.  John is obviously not Jack.

I typically don't take sides in debates, I like to be a neutral party.  Sometimes even when it comes to anonymous.  While I applaud their efforts for trying to "free people" or whatever it is they do, as someone who was targeted for no reason what so ever, I cannot say they're an organization with the well-being of the public in mind.  I can't really say they're an organization at all, just a bunch of people who don't have enough backbone to be a real person and stand up publicly to put someone down.  It really isn't that hard.  "Been there, done that" and all.

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2008, 08:17:23 PM »

The vast majority of people have no idea who they are.
Hell, everyone I've talked to in real life thought I was making the entire thing up
As I said, they have supposodely changed within the past few weeks.

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.