Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: A Different Kind of Reset: Atonement, Purification / Contamination  (Read 1558 times)

atomkai

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +37/-17
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 750
    • View Profile

Purpose of Event: 
To reset PKs to 0 (atonement) -or- To reset evil alignment to neutral (purification) -or- to reset good alignment to neutral (contamination).

Possible event text:

As you make your way through the forest, you come across a monk.  The monk has an aura that is palpable and becomes borderline oppressive as you continue your approach.  You feel you have no choice but to continue moving towards the figure, despite wanting to stop and survey the situation a bit more before making a decision.  Your body continues its movement toward the spiritual figure without listening to your desire to stop.

The figure speaks, "Greetings shinobi/kunoichi!  I offer you the ability to atone for your past sins or purify your soul.  Atonement will erase the record of your past sins when you killed innocents.  Purification will restore you spiritually.

Of course, you may already think of yourself as pure or do not think you have committed injustice for which you should atone.  In that case, you may simply choose to continue on your path.  Which do you choose?"


Navigation:
(a)Atone for past sins
(b)Seek Purification
(c)Continue

(a)
50% chance having PKs reduced to 0.  Up to 10 gems (10 or all if less than 10) & all gold 'donated' for successful atonement
50% chance of no such reduction.
 
100% chance of going to shades with NO torments but NO exp lost.

(b)
50% chance of having alignment reset to neutral.  Loss of 5-10 perm HP for successful spiritual rebirth (alignment reset).
50% chance of no such reset.
 
100% chance of going to shades, with full torments but 10% loss of exp.

(c)90%chance - you leave unharmed 10%chance - you are shaken up by the meeting and passout, loosing 2 forest fights.

Thoughts:

I realize this event is tailored to very few individuals.  So, the effort might not be worth it.

Also, it might be better as a traveling shop, a la Crazy Audrey (but much more rare).

I do not have the text for the outcomes yet, if someone would like to flesh that out.  I personally am kinda waiting until a "possible" or "no way" is issue from Neji before proceeding.

I had initially thought of having two separate events, with two separate characters depending on which alignment you might want to reset (good or evil) but I could not figure out the 'evil' figure, that would contaminate a good alignment back to neutral, but would also allow for atonement.  The event as written now is written from the perspective of a "good" figure, that would purify the spirit and allow for atonement of sins.

Basically, my goal is to give players a mechanism to return to alignment neutrality and erase from the record their past sins (PKs).
Logged

Neji

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +459/-86
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7113
    • View Profile
Re: A Different Kind of Reset: Atonement, Purification / Contamination
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:51 pm »

That's cheap.

Also part of it is already in the game.
Logged
Never judge a cow by its udder.

atomkai

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +37/-17
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 750
    • View Profile
Re: A Different Kind of Reset: Atonement, Purification / Contamination
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:59:51 pm »

Yeah, for the part that is already somewhat in the game already, I can see how it might be too cheap.  But honestly, I have no idea where to place the price point for that (the part to which you refer).

The other part, that is not in the game - is it even something you would consider?
Logged

Neji

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +459/-86
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7113
    • View Profile
Re: A Different Kind of Reset: Atonement, Purification / Contamination
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 08:18:49 pm »

I see no point in resetting PK stats... =)

as for the rest... good stays good, unless he/she takes on a nasty killing spree or whatever...

I am against "hey, I just need to go there and reset" on this behalf.
(one exclusion for the thing ingame, though)
Logged
Never judge a cow by its udder.

atomkai

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Karma: +37/-17
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 750
    • View Profile
Re: A Different Kind of Reset: Atonement, Purification / Contamination
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:35 pm »

Okay, and the atonement for past sin (PK reset) is the only thing that interested me.  :,(

By the way, how do I lock this?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:14:21 pm by atomkai »
Logged
 

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.