Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: English Jutsu names?  (Read 2464 times)

Sasuke X

English Jutsu names?
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »

Is it possible to like translate the jutsu names to english? I have no idea what i'm using. Like an option in the preference or a page in wiki telling what they mean....

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: English Jutsu names?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:21:03 PM »

Do you actually know the anime/manga? =)

if not, wikipedia is a  good way to check up.
also, the effect gets described, so just learn what it may mean ;)
at the age of 6, I had no clue of "English" as language, and I  got my first computer and it was of course English-only =)
so... I had to adapt, test, learn, discover ^^
your case is for  this minor, so just learn.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 04:39:58 PM »

if you read/watch anime/manga and see the description of the jutsu you will tell which move you are using, other then that don't complain, atleast we HAVE jutsus to use :roll:

kondaime

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »

If you choose hyouton after a DK, you know for sure you're going to use ice jutsus <.<

you should know tsubame fubuki is this mirror thing, etc

atleast if you watch the new shippuuden and theyre jap dub / eng sub only

Gi

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »

well, our characters *learned* their techniques in the end, therefore they know what they are doing. so a little description would be fair (on shinobi-wiki, the library or maybe when you just learned it?). i remember those days of disappointment when i used up much chakra without knowing what the result might be. not much of a spoiler if the descriptions were kept to a minimal.. something like

Souryuu Boufuusetsu - You releases two dragons of black snow that merge into a massive tornado at your enemy.

basically the the message you get when using it. no duration-, aoe-information etc.

i know it's not necessary.. and until now everyone was more or less fine learning it the "hard" way.. but since we need attributes to learn certain jutsu now, this might be a help when it comes to decisions for newer players.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 06:17:13 AM by Gi »

benitofussolini

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 05:37:57 AM »

Well, it depends on if they watch the American Anime or not. If they read the Japanese Manga, then they would know what they meant, but if they don't then they are out of luck! (This seems weird since Neji refuses to have anything from the new manga in the game, but he allows the Japanese names. It seems paradoxical doesn't it...)

caquricon

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 06:03:27 AM »

Well, it depends on if they watch the American Anime or not. If they read the Japanese Manga, then they would know what they meant, but if they don't then they are out of luck! (This seems weird since Neji refuses to have anything from the new manga in the game, but he allows the Japanese names. It seems paradoxical doesn't it...)
There is a Japanese anime >>

doomstar

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 06:50:20 AM »

this may seem crazy but... if you want to know what a jutsu is, you can google >.>

benitofussolini

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »

So?

I for one, as an actor, am disgusted at the Japanese voice acting for Naruto. I believe it is horrendous.
On the other hand, I dislike the way they have edited the english manga and anime, so the only thing I know of is the Japanese manga. But if they didn't believe in reading the stuff over the net, and hate the voice acting of the Japanese anime, then they are SOL.

doomstar

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »

yeah, and the American voice acting is so much better?

and besides that, what's the point?

manga, it uses the Japanese characters, not the letters that are used here.

anime, you have to listen carefully to what they say cause subtitles don't help.

american, do I really need to explain this? it's in english >.>

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 11:48:54 PM »

So?

I for one, as an actor, am disgusted at the Japanese voice acting for Naruto. I believe it is horrendous.
On the other hand, I dislike the way they have edited the english manga and anime, so the only thing I know of is the Japanese manga. But if they didn't believe in reading the stuff over the net, and hate the voice acting of the Japanese anime, then they are SOL.
The japanese voices capture how kishimoto envisions their voices to be, if you have a problem with that then don't watch it. The english dub is horrible, that's obvious. From an viewers standpoint you're simply ranting for no reason, neji won't change the jutsus to english.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

doomstar

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 12:08:31 AM »

and if you honestly think that american voice actors are beter for anime, have you seen one piece at all?

that voice acting sucked horribly >.>

Sasuke X

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 04:40:03 AM »

I have dial up + It's like  30 minutes for TV shows &lt;_&lt; Watching tv on a computer just seems so weird >_>  And if i DID try to watch an episode it would take like 5 hours (literally)

doomstar

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 05:55:09 AM »

well that's your fault for using dial up >.>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 06:25:10 AM »

You watch tv shows in dial up -_-

then a single wikipedia page with  a little text should be no deal for you.
Never judge a cow by its udder.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.