Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Week Contest  (Read 2134 times)

finishline

Week Contest
« on: June 19, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »

Alright, on a server I use to play, they had a weekly contest that you could enter for 2 gems, then drank a potion which let you see some time of weird medallions. You could only carry 5 at a time before you had to turn them in. At the end of the week whoever had the most medallions, won the majority of the gems that were in the pot. First place got about 50 percent, second got 30 percent and third got 20 percent. I'm not to sure about the percentanges, but it sounds right. You could get the medallions anywhere basically. Villages, forst, clan halls etc. I think there was a limit on the module so that one player couldn't get like 100 medallions in one game day. you'd get that certain amount, or under. Now, in SL theres a variety of player ranges and stuff. So I was thinking maybe contests based of rankings. Like sub-divisions or leagues. So like, Academy student- Jounin would be in one contest. Hunter nin- Anbu Captain in another. Sannin- Hokage have another. Hokage -Grand Hokage, then finally Grand Hokage-Daimyo. I know the last two are a bit large, but there aren't that many higher up players that are very active, so it wouldn't pose that much of a challenge to them. Also, now that the KG reset is in place, they first page for orochimaru kills has downed from like 250 to 90. But back on topic ^^;. It's pretty much just a weekly contest to see how can get the most medallions and stuff in a week, your prize is the gems. The item can be changed to something else (since our medallions in SL are things we may sell for gems). Just something I thought might be useful or new to the server ^^;

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »

^^ sounds good.

one player getting TONS of gems

erm, well, that one will most likely never have to spend an own gem :(

nope, I know the medallion contest and it's just stupid.
there is no challenge in that :-/ the prize is ridiculous.

Also, the contest is high-load, means for only that I'd need to cut down max-online-users to 140-150.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

finishline

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 07:32:24 PM »

I didn't know it would reduce the server that much ._.; But okay, ^^; Just thought I'd throw it out there

tailedjake

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:03:28 AM »

Thats alot of cut-down! :smt103

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

A module where almost all logged in users participate and that is called in *a lot* of places (especially high-load ones like village/forest/battle) is reducing our possibilities greatly.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.