Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Youth pastor draws from life for screenplay  (Read 1161 times)

Kimo

Youth pastor draws from life for screenplay
« on: August 01, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »

(The movie was actually articled in the sandiego tribune)
this movie is basically what i and others have been working on

Community church becomes set for feature film
By Monica Unhold
UNION-TRIBUNE

July 18, 2008

OCEANSIDE – Cameras, lights and professional actors have transformed New Song Community Church in Oceanside into a Hollywood set.

CRISSY PASCUAL / Union-Tribune
A soundstage has been set up at the back of New Song Community Church for the filming of a movie about a high school student who finds himself in crisis.

Jim Britts, youth pastor at the Oceanside church, wrote the screenplay for "How To Save a Life," an independent movie.

At the rear of the church, a soundstage has been set up, where cameras began rolling last month for “How To Save a Life,” an independent movie written by resident youth pastor Jim Britts.

Filming on Britts' third screenplay, the first to make it into production, will continue for two weeks at the church and around the community. Britts said film is a way to carry a positive message to troubled teenagers.

“There are so many kids out there that are hurting,” he said.

Britts joined with New Song executive pastor Steve Foster to create the film. Originally, the two planned a small-scale movie with film students and volunteer actors from the congregation.

However, interest in the project grew. Soon Hollywood cinematographer Brian Baugh signed on as director, and independent filmmaker Nicole Franco agreed to produce a full-length movie.

Franco heard about the idea through a friend and was skeptical, but she came aboard after reading the “very good” script.

“My goal is to be involved in filmmaking and entertainment that makes the world a better place,” Franco said.

The screenplay follows Jake, a high school athlete and all-around popular guy, who finds himself in crisis. After Jake's childhood friend commits suicide and he learns his girlfriend, Amy, is pregnant, he contacts a youth pastor and seeks a Christian perspective on life.

Some of Britts' experiences as a youth pastor made their way into the screenplay.

Actor Randy Wayne (in photo at right) listened to director Brian Baugh (right).

One scene involves the lead character attending a party where he is pressured to play beer pong, a drinking-game version of pingpong. Jake refuses, drops the ball and walks out of the party. The scene is based on a real-life experience described to Britts by a member of the youth group. The young man will be playing opposite the lead in the scene.

The film's positive message was a major draw for cast members such as Deja Kreutzberg, 25, who plays Amy. Her credits include 28 episodes of “As the World Turns” and appearances on television shows such as “CSI: Miami” and “Hope & Faith.” The film's uplifting message was a reason she signed on as the female lead.

“I hope it inspires people to be nicer to other people,” Kreutzberg said.

The production team is in talks with major distribution companies that deal with religious-themed films. The plan is to have the movie released nationally, said publicity coordinator Lisa Frost.

“It's not just a Christian thing,” Frost said. “We hope it will reach a lot of people.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
Re: Youth pastor draws from life for screenplay
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »

miko, we know you helped make this movie, but i think it woulda been easier for a link >_>;

Kisame

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »

miko, we know you helped make this movie, but i think it woulda been easier for a link >_>;
wow he helped make a movie...

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »

wow he helped make a movie...

ehh dont be like that >>
not many people can take pride in the fact they can hlp in the production of a movie >>

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »

i was supposed to be in it (as an extra of course)... but i couldnt get a ride to the locations where the shooting of it were taking place

Kimo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 12:40:24 AM »

actually i was hopeing u guys would give me your intake on this movie?
and maybe if u guys would like to watch it when it comes out

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 12:43:39 AM »

actually i was hopeing u guys would give me your intake on this movie?
and maybe if u guys would like to watch it when it comes out
Fine, I'll tell you my intake. Just, you know... let me know when it comes TO THE EAST COAST!

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 01:06:53 AM »

next spring >.>

Kimo

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 05:10:14 PM »

go see it its gonna be awesome^ ^

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270286/

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.