Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Increasing pvp penalities  (Read 2138 times)

flamevyper

Increasing pvp penalities
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »

After playing some other online browser based games, I've noticed that PvP in shinobi is kinda... tame.  I mean, the exp boost is great for people wanting to level fast, and the potential to exp lock somebody is always present, perhaps allowing people to take the Risk vs Rewards approach to PvP would be a neat addition.

What I propose is that perhaps adding a new type of ability *Something like curse mark and 7 star tattoo* that you have to embark on a quest on.  After obtaining this ability, you have the option of going more in depth in your pvps, perhaps adding extra penalties to a successful pvp, with the consequence being that you suffer a penalty for HAVING the ability, or for failing the pvp.  Or BOTH  :twisted:

The ability could allow you to select an option such as... :
Fight your opponent to exhaustion:  Subtract some of the players turns on new day.  I think the ability could impact both players, or could be only inflicted to the loser.
Inflict lasting wounds on your opponent, ones that follow him to the grave:  Subtract some HP from the opponent on new day.  Maybe the ability can be leveled to inflict perma HP loss?
Boast about your victory:  Detract charm from opponent.  Of course, failing your PvP would make you a laughingstock, and you lose charm instead.
Take their belongings:  Take gems/items upon victory, at the price of your items/gems possibly being taken should you lose.  Of course, sane limits on what can/cannot be taken.  Perhaps max 3 gems, and limit the stealing to only shuriken or other buyable equipment, maybe even include scrolls and recipes, which would increase the appeal.

The list can go on.

The quest for achieving the ability should be only for people with higher oro kills *perhaps sannin?*  And comes at either a great cost, or a difficult quest.  I'm thinking a big cost could be all their gems, or maybe even subrtracting oro kills from their total, or having to give up a chunk of their perma-HP.  Or maybe take a turn cost every day, for having the ability.

As for difficulty in obtaining, I'm thinking the person would have to PvP successfully a large amount of people in one game day *Enough to force them to use the utilities in hoshi, which would obviously allow for sannin up to only get the ability.  Or it could be a special mission taken from a character *Gaara could be involved, since he tends to like to... kill people.*

In any case, this could add a new dimension to the PvP system, and could add to the village war aspect too, making people with this ability useful to villages, allowing the villages to harm their opponents more than just costing them exp and gold loss from dwellings.

As for a name... I'm bad with names.  How about... Heart of the Warrior?  I dunno, I lack innovation in naming.

Thanks for listening to my ideas, I've played the game for a while, but I've lost alot of interest recently, and I'm more interested in seeing the game grow to its full potential.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Increasing pvp penalities
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »

thanks for your feedback.

taking gems and keeping it would be like inviting bees to a honeytea party..

players will vastly take advantage of it... the result will be a mayor bullying of weaker players with gems. if you know other online games, you know what "farming somebody" means =)

I limit very strictly how one play can intervene in the gameplay of another player, exactly because of this. except for some random dumping and some haunting that's all you can do to somebody except PVP, and for this he may even hide or pay to get protection.

Adding spice to the PvP is okay, but we should see how we can do so and not buff up .... people like sitters who pvp for fun =) those will greatly benefit from your changes and be gem vaults as well as maybe head hunters to kill somebodies charm.

Also, the likelihood of multis who *just exist* to push other people down are large.

Never judge a cow by its udder.

flamevyper

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »

I see your point, but I'd like to make some more of my own.  If this ability was allowed to sannin or higher, or maybe not even include sannin,  maybe kage level, it wouldn't interfere with the newer players.  I'm sure there could be a way to limit the number of times you can attack the same person, or perhaps just raise the difficulty of a repeated attack on the same character.  The possibility of people "sitting" on the bare minimum kill level in order to have the highest amount of targets is always possible, but that also can cost them if their opponents have a much higher oro kill amount.  I'm sure the "sitter" problem could be solved if more emphasis would be placed on getting oro kills, but thats an entirely different issue that I won't delve into.

As for the interference of other players, while wanting to keep it so that other players won't get harmed or lose something and quit as a result, I'm sure it would keep other players in the game to get a new ability and test it out, and also allow a more in depth Village vs Village gameplay, giving players a better feeling of involvement and a drive to get the ability so they can become valuable to their village.

In the end, I can understand your desire to keep PvPs as tame as they are, as to not discourage not as knowledgeable or perhaps just not as invested players from becoming discouraged and leaving.

Thanks for listening, nonetheless.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »

Yes I know I'm revivng an old topic. And yes I know that this topic is two years old, but I have an idea similiar to this and I'd rather revive an older topic than create a new one and then be told to use the search function. Well the basis of this topic is to "spice up" pvps, which to me means to make them more difficult, which I'm all for because as the current pvp system stands it greatly benefits sitters because for the most part their hp, attack, and defense stats are vastly superior to a normal players. Anyways my idea is simply this, we have enemies in the forest use jutsu, so why not the players that we are pvping be able to use a jutsu against us. Maybe it would be a jutsu that we can select using the preferences menu or perhaps one that is automatic and pertains to the reborns that we have. In return due to the added difficulty maybe, just maybe, Neji could slightly, and I do stress slightly, increase the ammount of dp we earn from a pvp.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:47:35 AM »

I've thought a bit about this as well, but it's not as easy as using jutsu in a Forest Fight.
Also again like I think you mentioned, it is impossible for your opponent to choose.
But I do like your solution of having a preference that you could choose.
What I was thinking is that it could give you a preference from all the Specialities you have at least one Skill Point in, plus any KG's, and you choose one.
From that when you fight, both players Automatically use that Jutsu in battle, and each Speciality would have a Jutsu assigned, or maybe multiple and it randomly chooses.
There could also be a preference that let players choose what round it is activated, either start away or after x rounds.
But as a catch, you need Chakra points in the forest, so you'd need them here as well, so if you get in a fight, defending or not, you'd have to have x chakra points to use the Jutsu, if not, no jutsu!
Just my two cents on the topic.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:24:17 AM »

If not a preference maybe we could make it to were it is automatically assigned to you. And if it is like that maybe make it to were it is just another perk of being reborn and it would correspond to what you've been reset as. I'm trying to think of something like the enemies in the forest use. ie. Hyuuga resets could use the Jyuuken move that either Hinata or Hishashi use. Something along those lines.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 03:41:59 AM »

That could work, but what if I'd prefer to use, for example a Katon Fireball Jutsu rather than a Sharingan Jutsu?
But it still works lol

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 03:52:37 AM »

Well maybe the Uchiha resets could use something similar to Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu because personally I think for this the other Uchiha techniques are either too overpowered or not nearly useful enough. Make it a bit more balanced that way.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 03:56:53 AM »

Or... they could copy the Jutsu, meaning it would do the same thing, or cancel it?

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 04:25:04 AM »

That's actually a good idea. So maybe instead of using jutsus persay each reset would have kinda like a special ability that would be used when pvped. So maybe Uchiha could do what you say and copy whatever jutsu the opponent uses, Hyuuga could maybe make it to wear the opponent can't use jutsu at all, Lotus could maybe have like a first strike ability that would do like a critical hit, Kaguya would..I really can't think of like a special ability thing, and Mokuton could maybe bring their bunshin into battle?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 04:56:38 AM »

Yeah, maybe we just wait to see if Neji has anything to say, I know he has a few other projects in the works.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 05:59:02 AM »

Yeah because I don't know much about coding on here, but this seems like it might be slightly complicated. But so now we wait :smt030

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.