Game Development > Item Forge Requests

Weights

(1/3) > >>

CooleManTheMaster:
Items to forge weights: Scroll of Binding(1), Shuriken (8), Kunai (7), Broken balloon (1), Giant Shuriken (3), Fuuma Shuriken (1), Broken Rune Bracelet (1)

Origin of Idea: The weights that Lee has. It slows him down and lowers his attack, but when he takes them off, he's uber fast, and I saw the topic about the Senbon Umbrella and the Ointment, so I thought, Why not weights?

Description: Once you forge the weights, you can activate them on any screen, except in a battle. Once you activate them, Your speed gets lowered by 2, your attack gets lowered by 6, and you get -2 forest fights for the day, but you get 5% more experience from the creature you face. The Buff that does that can be called Weights. Every day you wear them, you get stronger, so when you take them off, you get a boost. The boost you get depends on how many game days you had them on. If 1 gd(game day), you get your original attack back +1. a speed boost of 0.2 with your original speed, and an extra forest fight with your original forest fights. If 2 gd, you get your original attack back +2, and a speed boost of 0.4 and an extra forest fight. If you had it on for 3, the pattern keeps on going, but you get 2 FF instead of 1. Max gd you can get benefits from them is 6, But you can keep them on for more than six gds. You can take the weights off at any time as long as you have 10 FF, but to gain benefits, you have to have it on for full game days. When you have them off the second day, the benefits decrease. Say you had them on for 6 gd, and take them off. The next game day, (not the game day you took them off, this is another matter) you get 6 attack, 1.2 speed, and 2 extra ff. The next day, you get 5 attack, 1.0 speed, and 2 FF. The  benefits keep decreasing. The FF decrease to +1 after taking them off for 3 days. The buff for this can be called Weightlessness+

Now the when you take them off on the same day...:
     First, you have to have at least 10 FF to take them off. You gain all of whatever you had back, but you lose hp due to tripping and getting accustomed to the new feel of your weight. The Hp lost is about 1-5 every 10 turns. Then, the next day, you get the benefits. The buff can be called Weightlessness.

Too complicated? Any opinions? I'll see this topic another day, so don't think I'm ignoring people...

cmage:
That's alot of items for one thing and geting the 5% exp increase should be the only buff regardless. It should also probably have a turn limit instead of permanent equip.

Raifudo Oppa:

--- Quote from: cmage on September 19, 2008, 04:02:54 AM ---That's alot of items for one thing and geting the 5% exp increase should be the only buff regardless. It should also probably have a turn limit instead of permanent equip.

--- End quote ---

that goes double for me, seems like a large loss in items wise, and it seems too much for gainment wise, if it is a buff i will take it, probably in the begiinning you get:

New feeling which reduces your defense and attack

then when that is over you get:

accustomed!

which you gain a boost, ehh i'm just spit-balling here >>;

Neji:
I like the idea of having something to limit yourself ;)

However, 5% more exp is a lot though, and nasty to program (high load on server).

Equipping - well, the item system needs a complete rework to make that possible, it's half-hearted put in, not working at all.

Though simply "activating" and "deactivating" would be nice. -20% atk/def ... dex set to -10 or so. =)

Raifudo Oppa:

--- Quote from: Neji on September 19, 2008, 09:06:31 AM ---I like the idea of having something to limit yourself ;)

However, 5% more exp is a lot though, and nasty to program (high load on server).

Equipping - well, the item system needs a complete rework to make that possible, it's half-hearted put in, not working at all.

Though simply "activating" and "deactivating" would be nice. -20% atk/def ... dex set to -10 or so. =)

--- End quote ---

So, it'd be a permanent item?
Because a one time use would be a bit too much on item wise and VERY hard to make, so activating and deactivating would not nessecarily be a problem if it were just a single gameday of usage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version