Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Modules  (Read 4477 times)

santachi

Modules
« on: October 22, 2008, 02:10:22 AM »

I was thinking about some new modules to be added on, One of them is the Rss feed module. And the other is a modules that I saw on another lotgd website (cant say the name till neji gives the o.k.) this module makes the time go down constanlty without having to go any were. There was another module that I'm going to say but neji probobly will say no to this. It's the ability for players to have there own hotel. but players on here would uses that to transfer gold to there alts. Only a few people will buy them because on the other lotgd site, they were TONS of gold and gems and then you could update the for more protection and other things so they would cost more to buy a room.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Modules
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 02:52:51 AM »

I was thinking about some new modules to be added on, One of them is the Rss feed module. And the other is a modules that I saw on another lotgd website (cant say the name till neji gives the o.k.) this module makes the time go down constanlty without having to go any were. There was another module that I'm going to say but neji probobly will say no to this. It's the ability for players to have there own hotel. but players on here would uses that to transfer gold to there alts. Only a few people will buy them because on the other lotgd site, they were TONS of gold and gems and then you could update the for more protection and other things so they would cost more to buy a room.

wouldn't that defeat the porpose of buying dwellings?

And what will happen to the dwellings after?

@ Time clock:

Why not just look at the time constantly on a watch or phone?

santachi

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:14:52 AM »

@ Time clock:

some people will use dwellings and some people will uses the hotels, you have to PAY to get a room in the hotels, just like you have to pay to buy dwellings, but some people might not have the money to buy a dwelling and will buy a room to a hotel. And the constant time is just more convenient.
I also forgot to explain what the rss feed is for. Its a module he can download from the dragon prime that uses an rss feed your stuff like My yahoo, it can tell you who's online, the motd, and the daily news, unfortunately its default place is the "about" page

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 03:36:13 AM »

@ Time clock:

some people will use dwellings and some people will uses the hotels, you have to PAY to get a room in the hotels, just like you have to pay to buy dwellings, but some people might not have the money to buy a dwelling and will buy a room to a hotel. And the constant time is just more convenient.
I also forgot to explain what the rss feed is for. Its a module he can download from the dragon prime that uses an rss feed your stuff like My yahoo, it can tell you who's online, the motd, and the daily news, unfortunately its default place is the "about" page

I see what you're getting at, but there is already a place on SL for that, and also, can you get killed while in the hotel?

And i feel as though Neji will say no because the prices and basically using alts to pay you.

santachi

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 03:56:04 AM »

Yes you can get killed depending on the type of protection, I was thinking only letting somebody go in 3 times a day, and they couldn't set the amount the people payed to get in, it was set by how many stars (like a 5 start hotel compared to a 1 start but could go even higher) they had.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 04:38:45 AM »

Yes you can get killed depending on the type of protection, I was thinking only letting somebody go in 3 times a day, and they couldn't set the amount the people payed to get in, it was set by how many stars (like a 5 start hotel compared to a 1 start but could go even higher) they had.

so, the hotels can be classified by rank?

santachi

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »

yes, you can make the hotels better buy paying more money and in return you earn more money, and I recently though of the idea of a monthly bill for stuff like electric and gas ect.

santachi

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 02:37:41 AM »

I just created the hotels, I didnt put everything I said in it but it should be good, heres the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3b39fa4c4cb85d3dab1eab3e9fa335ca0e8af592931a7a2a

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 04:18:20 PM »

yes, you can make the hotels better buy paying more money and in return you earn more money, and I recently though of the idea of a monthly bill for stuff like electric and gas ect.

Gas, electricity...?

It's roleplaying, why in the name of pete will we need those? .-.

So, the more gems and gold you put into making your hotel the better is it?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »

I know the player hotel module concept.

Let's rephrase it "I own a business and make money by doing nothing -> buy once, get revenue constantly" ... I let my alts reside in there ;)
and another "money shifting" thingy...

You already have (!) hotels... called cityhouses... just ask somebody - plenty of folks here rent their housekeys for a price ... even with switching guards to protect them.... Oo

"this module makes the time go down constanlty without having to go any were."
<--- I have no clue what you mean.

Except if you mean a simple javascript module that counts down each time you hit a page -> not that good as it is imprecise.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

santachi

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »

The clock actually moves while your on a page instead of having to go to a different page, and I see your point with the hotels but if you make the price REALLY high like lets say 800 gems and 1000000000 gold, all the money you make will be well worth it, and dont say people wont but it cause people buy it on my site for that price and its harder to get gems on there than it is on here :twisted: but I also see your point with the city houses too ;)

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 11:29:16 PM »

The clock actually moves while your on a page instead of having to go to a different page, a
Whats wrong with the refresh button?

SuperSeal For President!

doomstar

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 02:00:12 AM »

a constant time thingy would probably make the webpage take longer to load >>

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 08:50:22 AM »

f you make the price REALLY high like lets say 800 gems and 1000000000 gold, all the money you make will be well worth it,

you know, the bad thing about account selling is that one will buy one, and that char will be sold a dozen times =) and that will stay.

@"the time goes on"
what you describe is a simple javascript, as I already explained, that runs on YOUR computer and does *not* display the current time in the game :) it may be off, and you will still time out...

I don't see the point to have it ongoing for ~ 8 minutes until you need to login again anyway.

For the homepage we may talk about it, but not for the game. Even the homepage *will* be off.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Nagi

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »

Please stop, sebi123.

1) You're reviving old topics. This one being around 6-7 months old.

2) You're copying another user's post.

3) Copying another user's post does not contribute to this topic.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.