Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: New Specailty System  (Read 8438 times)

cmage

• View Profile
Re: New Specailty System
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2008, 05:11:42 PM »

So what would Neji do with the events that  level up your jutsu? Giving away free Jutsu points instead would only help sitters and acads (which apparently you are against).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:12:18 PM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

IceSlayer

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 03:45:46 AM »

So what would Neji do with the events that  level up your jutsu? Giving away free Jutsu points instead would only help sitters and acads (which apparently you are against).

They would still increase chakra uses still.
And I'm not against Acads, I just don't think they should have all power just yet, but this could actually give slightly better Jutsu options.
And sitters... well I just don't like the idea of being a sitter personally, but from what i understand they have little need for good jutsu anyway.

doomstar

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 03:49:52 AM »

how are the acads going to afford any good jutsus?

at least with this system, they could get some semi-powerful jutsus... or a set with completely useless jutsus >>

but with this system, they would have to use some of their gold which, if I can remember correctly, was hard to get just to be able to use their jutsus.

IceSlayer

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 03:55:00 AM »

I never said they'd be good, they just might get something better then what they already have, maybe even a basic elemental jutsu.
And yes gold and such is hard to come by as an Acad, so these jutsus would cost a huge amount like say 1000 gold and a gem maybe for a basic fireball jutsu or something like that.
It's all about balance, you can't be a super powerful Taijutsu master, and be great at Ninjutsu at the same time without a lot of work.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 06:25:41 AM »

They would still increase chakra uses still.
And I'm not against Acads, I just don't think they should have all power just yet, but this could actually give slightly better Jutsu options.
And sitters... well I just don't like the idea of being a sitter personally, but from what i understand they have little need for good jutsu anyway.

Are you kidding me...?

Sitters, the stronger they are, the deadlier the forest is...

If you happen to mess-up, or come across and event, you will NEED good jutsu to help you out of that jumble...

I myself rely on suna/hyouton to get me out of tight spots with my sitters.

IceSlayer

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 06:31:36 AM »

Are you kidding me...?

Sitters, the stronger they are, the deadlier the forest is...

If you happen to mess-up, or come across and event, you will NEED good jutsu to help you out of that jumble...

I myself rely on suna/hyouton to get me out of tight spots with my sitters.
Well it all depends when you sit, if you sit at a level when you can access those specialties, it would mean you could most likely access Jutsus that would be equally as helpful.
Plus it's not like a sitter would be short of gold and gems would they?
But can your really think of any event where an Acad or such level needs a seriously powerful jutsu? Their events are usually pretty tame.
The jutsus given to certain levels would be enough for your current level, but it wouldn't hurt if you die once in a while anyway, instead of relying on your precious specialties all the time.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 06:41:31 AM »

I believe Neji responded to this and told you his 2 cents about this subject, you're not contributing and therefore spamming, stop or I will lock this up.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:42:21 AM by KamuiKachi »

IceSlayer

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 06:42:51 AM »

I believe Neji responded to this and told you his 2 cents about this subject, you're not contributing and therefore spamming so I will lock this up.
Agreed, I believe unless anyone as anything to actually add to help we should stop.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 06:47:15 AM »

Are you doing all of this because you are getting annoyed of everyone blitzing right passed you in oro kills...?
Nope, just trying to make the game more challenging, I'm currently getting two day Oro kills, one if I get lucky and everything goes well.

Fyi -> Try restarting and getting rid of your Kyuubi and start over again, the reason it's not challenging for you since you have well...20+ turns added with Kyuubi as your mount.
As for your idea...well Academy Students deserve a fair chance, I mean as a reference Sasuke wasn't even a Genin when he learned Grand Fireball. :|
Some are different then others, chances are that your idea could use some re-tuning, trust me they're times when an Acad needs a Powerful Jutsu to rid himself of a powerful foe.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:50:12 AM by KamuiKachi »

IceSlayer

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2008, 06:48:56 AM »

Are you doing all of this because you are getting annoyed of everyone blitzing right passed you in oro kills...?
Nope, just trying to make the game more challenging, I'm currently getting two day Oro kills, one if I get lucky and everything goes well.

Fyi -> Try restarting and getting rid of your Kyuubi and start over again, the reason it's not challenging for you since you have well...20+ turns added with Kyuubi as your mount.

Don't mention that Camel Man ^^
Might as well Lock then, people are too afraid of Change, but if Neji is still interested he knows how to contact me.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2008, 06:51:25 AM »

:roll:

Please read my edited post above, before drawing conclusions.

IceSlayer

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 06:53:27 AM »

:roll:

Please read my edited post above, before drawing conclusions.
Sorry ^^
Well yes, they need something to help them every so often, and this could give them that, but it would stick them just with Tai or Genjutsu.
I think with proper Tuning it could do pretty well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 20 queries.