Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Naruto 423  (Read 12772 times)

IceSlayer

Re: Naruto 423
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2008, 12:42:45 PM »

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/374/

Over the span of a few pages, he says that he will make an extremly powerful weapon, and use it to end war.
Thank Miha, I knew it was somewhere like that, but I couldn't be bothered looking.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/374/

Over the span of a few pages, he says that he will make an extremly powerful weapon, and use it to end war.

Well, your source is a step in the right direction - however, I still do not see anything other than an emo power trip.

(Because of pain & suffering . . . ) Pein says, "I've grown from a person into a God."

Pein says, "As a God, what I say & think becomes the Law of a God."

Jiraiya asks, "What are you trying to accomplish?"

Pein talks about using the power of the tailed beasts to "put an end to this pathetic world and its endless wars".  He then says, "It will be an Act of God."

In short, Pein is delusional.  He goes on to justify the murder of "hundreds of millions of people".

He will prosecute the most deadly war imaginable in an attempt to "eradicate war"?

SuperSeal

• When life hands me lemons I make beef stew. XD
    • View Profile
    • The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »

I thought pein's objectives where to eliminate all the different ninja countries and form one big country of ninja mercenaries.
in a shorter lighter description of course.

SuperSeal For President!

AkatsukiUchihaStrife

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2008, 06:48:19 PM »

I dislike how everyone was really whining over what I believe to really be Kakashi's death >>
REALLY DISLIKE.

I don't even think I'll go into detail.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2008, 07:20:26 PM »

Kakashi's death will be tragic, no matter when it occurs.

IceSlayer

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2008, 09:38:09 PM »

Just when I started liking Kakashi again....

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2008, 02:30:33 AM »

Atom, it is a concept used in the Cold War.
The concept of mutual destruction.

If doing something bad would result in your entire country being destroyed, would you do it?

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2008, 06:42:27 AM »

If doing something bad would result in your entire country being destroyed, would you do it?

I understand fully the Cold War concept of MAD.

But Pein is proposing the actual destruction of hundreds of millions in order to stamp out war.

It is less of the Cold War concept of MAD and more of the "loose nuke" theory.

Pein says, "I will give my ultimate weapon (the combined biju) to the warring nations - people who have such a weapon will inevitably use it."

He is delusional, not altruistic.

IceSlayer

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »

But Pein is proposing the actual destruction of hundreds of millions in order to stamp out war.

Pein says, "I will give my ultimate weapon (the combined biju) to the warring nations - people who have such a weapon will inevitably use it."

Yeah, but this will still get his Goal, Peace!

and Kakashi will kill Pein using a Pain Killer ^^
(Thanks Albedo)

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2008, 07:33:41 AM »

Yeah, but this will still get his Goal, Peace!

and Kakashi will kill Pein using a Pain Killer ^^
(Thanks Albedo)

Alright now friend, is he really delusional- or just fulfilling his "dream"?!

We have seen to a degree what the nine-tailed fox is capable of, if the 4th Hokage didn't use a forbidden sealing technique- there possibly would not be any Konoha as we know it today.

Naruto declares he will become hokage. Is this considered a dream/delusional?! Better yet, how about with or without the power of the nine-tailed within him, still a dream/delusional?!

As far as his statements of a God, it has been explained how Pein is able to use the senses of all the bodies, such a power makes one omnipresent and/or omnificent to a degree. Along with the creation of a new forbidden jutsu, capable of wiping out a total country in mere seconds...it can easily be seen why he calls himself a "god"...
 ;)

As to PyrobOOger- you called the bible fictional?! That is quite interesting...especially since I am still waiting for some type of valid evidence that prove it is not accurate. Please feel free to PM the info...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 07:39:14 AM by kboogi »
Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2008, 01:15:02 PM »

Alright now friend, is he really delusional- or just fulfilling his "dream"?!

We have seen to a degree what the nine-tailed fox is capable of, if the 4th Hokage didn't use a forbidden sealing technique- there possibly would not be any Konoha as we know it today.

Naruto declares he will become hokage. Is this considered a dream/delusional?! Better yet, how about with or without the power of the nine-tailed within him, still a dream/delusional?!

As far as his statements of a God, it has been explained how Pein is able to use the senses of all the bodies, such a power makes one omnipresent and/or omnificent to a degree. Along with the creation of a new forbidden jutsu, capable of wiping out a total country in mere seconds...it can easily be seen why he calls himself a "god"...
 ;)

I fail to see Naruto's ambition to be Hokage as a similar dream/delusion to Pein's destruction of "hundreds of millions".

Pein is not omnipresent because of six different fields of vision.  He desires to create a jutsu and lists "Power" as the motivating factor more often than "saving the world from itself".

He also is caught up with forcing them (the rest of the world) to "feel pain" in order to "grow up".

As to PyrobOOger- you called the bible fictional?! That is quite interesting...especially since I am still waiting for some type of valid evidence that prove it is not accurate. Please feel free to PM the info...

In very few situations is one required to prove a negative.

You say "x" does exist.
I say it does not, and ask for your proof.

I am not required to prove that "x" does not exist.

Just as an example.  I am not arguing your (or anyone else's religion) in this reply.

kboogi

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:49 PM »

*shakes his head*

...so depending on the size and magnitude of one's dream determines if it is illusionary or not?  Well, one biju was more than enough to take out Konoha.

Also, Naurto's drive comes from wanting to be respected by his village after being shunned while growing up as a child. Pein actually witnessed the destruction of his country first hand as a child. His motivation/drive/ambition does make sense to what his goals are. In times of war, rarely everyone is affected directly. When the loss is felt higher up a social/political food chain ladder, do believe the results will lead to whatever it takes to end such a war & restore "peace".

The chakra receivers allows more than just six fields of vision. As I have stated, Pein is omnipresent to a degree- on where the bodies are located at. (Now it seems there may be a seventh slave- Kakashi!!! X_x)

Usually the accuser must prove their case. For one to call something imaginary that has been been recognized by millions as non-fiction...well, according to your statement- this can easily be one of the "very few situations"...

Pope'en ain't easy...

Respect the moderators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »

*shakes his head*
Shakes head?  Come on now, let us not belittle each other's position like that.

...so depending on the size and magnitude of one's dream determines if it is illusionary or not?

I am not saying that.  Not at all. 

Naruto aspires to a leadership position because he has something to prove.  There has been no indication that he would then use that position to inflict punishment on those that shunned him.

In times of war, rarely everyone is affected directly. When the loss is felt higher up a social/political food chain ladder, do believe the results will lead to whatever it takes to end such a war & restore "peace".

I am not certain I understand your point here, however, starting a war with the stated intent of killing "hundreds of millions of people" in an attempt to end war permanently is delusional - to me.  That is at the extreme end of even a Hobbesian worldview - and since I am much more of a follower of Locke & Rousseau's worldview, it is inconceivable that that position (killing so many to allegedly stop people from being killed) makes sense to anyone.

The chakra receivers allows more than just six fields of vision. As I have stated, Pein is omnipresent to a degree- on where the bodies are located at. (Now it seems there may be a seventh slave- Kakashi!!! X_x)

If Kakashi is a new slave, it would be because the one Pein used to protect him was destroyed.

Usually the accuser must prove their case. For one to call something imaginary that has been been recognized by millions as non-fiction...well, according to your statement- this can easily be one of the "very few situations"...

The majority at one point thought that the Gods ruled from Mount Olympus.
The majority at one point thought that the Earth was flat.
The majority at one point thought that the Earth was the center of the Universe and that every other celestial body revolved around it.

At one point or another, challenging any of the above was viewed as challenging something "that has been recognized by millions as non-fiction".

In other words, a dominant worldview does not equal undisputed fact.

Kisame

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2008, 07:18:24 PM »

Kakashi's death will be tragic, no matter when it occurs.

yeah he's such a badass and cool character as well, and a smooth talker ^^

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2008, 09:36:08 PM »

The majority at one point thought that the Gods ruled from Mount Olympus.
The majority at one point thought that the Earth was flat.
The majority at one point thought that the Earth was the center of the Universe and that every other celestial body revolved around it.

At one point or another, challenging any of the above was viewed as challenging something "that has been recognized by millions as non-fiction".

In other words, a dominant worldview does not equal undisputed fact.
But they didn't prove that the previous thing was wrong.
They proved that something else was right.
It is a philosophical concept.
You can prove something is right.
You can't prove something is wrong without at the same time saying that something else is true.

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.