Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Weapon/Armor Pics and Bring back Specialty in the Bio  (Read 1873 times)

TheSandDemon

Weapon/Armor Pics and Bring back Specialty in the Bio
« on: March 05, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »

Almost everyone in this game has named his or her weapon and armor. It would be cool if there was a selection in the mission headquarters to put a pic in for you weapon and armor, (These would cost dp and only show up in your bio.) And also it would be cool if there was an option to show what specialty you use in your bio like their use to be. Let me know what you think.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon/Armor Pics and Bring back Specialty in the Bio
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »

Almost everyone in this game has named his or her weapon and armor. It would be cool if there was a selection in the mission headquarters to put a pic in for you weapon and armor, (These would cost dp and only show up in your bio.) And also it would be cool if there was an option to show what specialty you use in your bio like their use to be. Let me know what you think.

I personally, think it would take up too much space for a weapon or armor, and if we DO buy some...shouldn't the default ones have some too?

All the same, weapons and armors aren't all that special...

And to the specialty, not really...since it is no possible to obtain more than one type of speciaty at once, what would it be?

TheSandDemon

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:46:38 PM »

No, not every weapon/armor would have one, you would have to buy it in the HQ and upload your own, thats the only way to get a pic. If theres no point for the weapon/armor pic.....whats the point on having head band pic?
As for your specialty, it shows what type of ninja you are....its kinda like the race thing, theres no real point besides some buffs, but it shows who you are

IceSlayer

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:00:23 PM »

First, Forehead Protector Pic and Weapon/Armor Pics would be completely different, I say if you want to show a picture of them, have a link to them in your personal website or something, and save server space, and space in your Bio.
And say we did put them in, how would you fit them into your Bio? next to your avatar? bottom of the page? Where?
Also you say that most people have a custom Weapon and Armor... I don't and plenty of people I know don't, most of us think it is a waste of DP as it provides no real improvement to your character, it's purely cosmetic, and not many see it unlike Name colouring and titles. Most people I know that buy them have heaps of spare DP.
Last, showing your specialty in your bio is bad, one like Rai said you can have multiple specialties at once, which could easily be solved by just showing the current one.
The actual problem with it is that anyone can see what every one is using, and I know that most experienced players seem to pick pretty much Specialties, so it would be easy for anyone to see and go, well everyone is using X Specialty, maybe I should be to.

TheSandDemon

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:14:07 AM »

wow, so far all my ideas have sucked....besides one the actually got used in this game....but that was a while ago

IceSlayer

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 01:14:55 AM »

It didn't suck, I mean Neji might go for it...
And what was your other idea?

TheSandDemon

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »

I am the one who suggested that we put in the titles of Kazekage, Mizukakge, Otokage, and Hokage for all the different races.....and he used it!   :D

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:59 AM »

The idea isn't all that bad at all. Allowing players to get an avatar (picture) for their weapon/armor and maybe add an option to put in a short description of your butt-kicking bad boy ^_^ *thumbs up*

Just have to worry about the validating work. People will always do stupid stuff like putting up a picture of an adult toy or whatever as their weapon's picture. So validation is a must.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:58:25 AM by Gyu~ru~ru »

IceSlayer

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:52:43 AM »

Hey, that was an awesome idea, also this could have potential, like people could have a link of their bio to an Equipment thingy with Pictures of stuff, I just wasn't sure of what yet ^^

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 09:28:13 AM »

if you insist...

it's not that hard work really as I can use the base avatar module as a template.
a few modifications and it can be used for weapons or other things.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

IceSlayer

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 09:29:57 AM »

Where would it be displayed though? In the Bio itself or a separate place?
Also just one pic, or Multiple?

Gyu~ru~ru

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:47 PM »

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of SandDemon's request if the piectures were displayed elsewhere? It would be sensible to have one picture for weapon and another for armor (as well as description), no?

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

There would be pictures in the bio of weapon AND/OR armour.

However.

I think the "bottom down" bio would need a frameset ... because it looks not that well stuffed like it is - and with two more pictures it would not be better.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

TheSandDemon

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »

I agree with the Bottom section.....too many stuff in the top right now anyway
And i am like the idea of desrciptions for them
Thats why we post ideas here, so people can help build on them~  ;)

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.