Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Donate for Kekkai Genkai.  (Read 3255 times)

thequietone

Donate for Kekkai Genkai.
« on: June 10, 2009, 02:55:47 PM »

I think it should be possible to be able to become a reborn by donating a specified amount of money to the game. There are other games similar to this one that offer KG resets and for like $10 donated to the site you become reborn. However I was thinking that that is simply too cheap. Therefore I propose that we offer KG resets for somewhere between $20 to $30 maybe $35.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Donate for Kekkai Genkai.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »

20$ = 2,000 dp = 80 dks.
30$ = 3,000 dp = 100 dks
35$ = 3,500 dp = 110 dks

Sure, it may seem fair...but quite honestly I would hate this option.
It would be completely unfair for those without the proper wages to actually purchase it.
Rich smugs would be coming into SL [or the ones that are already here, supposedly] and simply buy their way to a reborn in one day.
It took me about a 9-10 months to get my 6 reborns.
To see someone come in as an acad, and be reborn 6 times within the hour would honestly piss me off.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:18:33 PM by RaifudoMakashi »

IceSlayer

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:50:28 PM »

It's a horrible idea, a KG is something that is meant to be earned through hard work, this would be pointless and cheap for people who are too lazy to do the work.
If you can't do the work why the heck would you even want a reset?

thequietone

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »

Perhaps then it would be wise to limit the number of resets you could get from being reborn this way. However for Neji and everyone else in general there would be a significant pro to implimenting this into the system. There are many people that given the chance would pay money to be reborn, granted not an excessively high amount. By implimenting this and keeping the cost reasonably low, i.e. $20-$35 at most, then a vast multitude of people would feel inclined to donate to the game; thereby increasing the amount of donations the game receives. This money could go towards a faster server, hiring people to create new modules, etc.. Helping everyone out and creating an overall more enjoyable playing experience.

IceSlayer

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:37 AM »

No it would not be wise to do it at all, ad=nd if you pay attention the game often passes it's donation quota each so money is hardly an issue

thequietone

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 12:14:58 AM »

True, SL normally does pass its quota. Be that as it may we exceed the amount needed to run the game at its current level. We increase the flow of money into the game, we may then increase the flow coming out. If Neji sees that the average monthy donation amount has risen, then he would more than likely be willing to upgrade the server thereby giving more room to add new modules. You don't like the idea because you like many others have worked hard to get where you are. I understand that having done the same, however not to the extent that you have.

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »

I understand that thanks to the people that have donated to the game, it is better, but aren't you happy with the donation points and kyuubi days you get each time you donate to the game? for me that is enough, even an Academy student with a Kyuubi is able to kill the dragon in one game day if they know how to use their forest fights along with Kyuubi.

I think that Kekkei genkai should remain at it is now, the game would be very boring if you could get a kekkei genkai reset each time you donate... let's say 35-40$ 
What would be the point of doing forest fights and ranking up in the game if you can get, the resets, for me, something you have to work hard to get it, by just donating some money?

Then people would start demanding dragon kills instead of a KG reset, like I don't want the kekkei genkai or the kyuubi, but I want the 80 dks... it would be troublesome.

thequietone

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 04:46:18 AM »

Don't get me wrong. I love donating and getting the dp and kyuubi for x days. That's why I thought that maybe when you donate $x you get the choice of either kyuubi days or if you donated enough you get one reset. You could only get one at a time. Let's say Neji does decide to do this and sets it at $25. One person donates the minimum of $25 and gets one reset, whereas another donates $100 and still only gets one reset.

IceSlayer

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »

No it is a terrible idea, your just another one of these people that want something for 'Nothing' to say.
And Neji does all that he can, more money isn't going make him do more work, he can't do anymore than he already does.

thequietone

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »

Something for nothing? I would think not. Do you not pay for things such as gas, food, etc.. Your paying money for a service, in this case a new reborn. I don't know about you, but $20-$35 is not exactly a small amount. There are quiet a few things I could get with that. I would be sacrificing a tank of gas or a night out to have one extra ability in a game. Not exactly something for nothing.

True Neji does all that HE can. However with extra cash into the game, he would, if he so choosed, be able to hire someone to aid him in creating content for this game.

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 05:26:33 PM »

I'm against this fully. Pay $25 and you have what took others months?

IceSlayer

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »

No it is nothing in game, you skip over all that hard work it is wrong, and Neji doesn't just 'hire' people to make more stuff, it's not quiet that simple.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »

Personally, I think it should be AT LEAST $50 a reborn and you can only use the option TWO TIMES! After that, you're on your own. >.>

IceSlayer

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »

Personally I think it should never have been talked about

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 02:42:18 AM »

Agreed.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.