Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Donate for Kekkai Genkai.  (Read 3256 times)

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Re: Donate for Kekkai Genkai.
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:10 AM »

No.
To reiterate, it is an insult to those that put in time and effort to gain KG resets and the rich will get their way even more. CCF, credit card fraud, is prevalent in games that offer perks for money, which this game does. Kyuubi is enough to help people get their way onto a KG reset and it costs $10. So a reset for $20-$35 would be cheap. How much does someone spend on Kyuubi to reach 80 dks? But they must also put in the time and have the skill to play this game.

Buying resets takes away this game's "legitimacy". Any nobody can reach the level of a great player by spending some cash. Free WOW servers offer max level characters for money. Does Blizzard do that? The alternative to buying resets, I guess, is buying accounts.

People donate for temporary or superficial perks.

This game is not about making money.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 05:22:32 AM by Mihazi »

Jin

• The Rai Ryuu is ready for everything...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »

No.
To reiterate, it is an insult to those that put in time and effort to gain KG resets and the rich will get their way even more. CCF, credit card fraud, is prevalent in games that offer perks for money, which this game does. Kyuubi is enough to help people get their way onto a KG reset and it costs $10. So a reset for $20-$35 would be cheap. How much does someone spend on Kyuubi to reach 80 dks? But they must also put in the time and have the skill to play this game.

Buying resets takes away this game's "legitimacy". Any nobody can reach the level of a great player by spending some cash. Free WOW servers offer max level characters for money. Does Blizzard do that? The alternative to buying resets, I guess, is buying accounts.

People donate for temporary or superficial perks.

This game is not about making money.

I totally agree with you, people should work for things like the kekkei genkai resets.

IceSlayer

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 08:13:03 AM »

Yeah, nicely said

PyroPrinny

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 01:19:33 AM »

Man, you guys seem like you'd be those guys who'd join in the boycott for Left 4 Dead 2. Stop whining, it's a game. People who pay should get something considering they're spending money on it. Just be glad that the reborns are available to everyone. So what if one person wants to work for it while the other pays? Just let them.

Omega Purple

• Yondaime Mizukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 03:01:04 AM »

Those who have a kekkei genkai don't want this to happen while those without one do. I also think that something this special should not be up for sale. Nobody should be able to buy their way to kekkei genkai status.  Eh, I guess I'm just reiterating what others are saying, but in short, just be happy with the things that you can buy now at the mission headquarters. -_-

IceSlayer

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »

Man, you guys seem like you'd be those guys who'd join in the boycott for Left 4 Dead 2. Stop whining, it's a game. People who pay should get something considering they're spending money on it. Just be glad that the reborns are available to everyone. So what if one person wants to work for it while the other pays? Just let them.
No you can't just let them, that's stupid and not how the world works... or at least how it should work

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 01:58:19 PM »

I have to agree with Mihazi.

That is the reason why I do not offer KG-for-DP ... you already have Kyuubi, which is quite "imbalanced" with the rest of the gameplay, so to speak (it has no rounds-cap and is very powerful).
This one you get for money - the only limit are your turns - excluding the flawless fights.

That enough should help you a lot on your way to a KG, though you need to actually play some time to get that. It's quite a lot of time, so it is indeed "earned" in both ways.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 03:22:07 AM »

Although Neji has spoken and it seems that this idea is dead, I have a bit more to say.

Even though selling KG resets probably will increase donations, it will hurt the game community.
Why? Can't you see that most people responding to this are against it?
It is because KG reset is an example of delayed gratification. Instant gratification is nice but it doesn't last and is not worth as much as delayed gratification.
Sure, selling KGs will make a lot of people happy, so why not give people a newday button too. (Sounds like something Neji should have said.)
Have to draw a line to create balance.
You'll value your KG resets more when you have to work for it.

If this game does need more donations, it can find other ways that do not damage the gaming community.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 20 queries.