Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Can it?

Yes
- 5 (62.5%)
No
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can Sharingan see through smoke bombs?  (Read 6416 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Can Sharingan see through smoke bombs?
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:45:40 AM »

We already know that the Sharingan see chakra flow within an person as well as see chakra in general. For those who have read the Sasuke vs Deidara fight, we have witnessed Sasuke utilizing his Sharingan to see chakra EVEN THROUGH THE GROUND!

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/361/17/

I'm guessing the mines were like 3 inches deep underground. Through that evidence alone, I would say that the Sharingan can see chakra through smoke, hence seeing someone (to be more specific, the person's chakra flow) within the smoke itself.

However, there's another side of me that wants to deny that possibility for a few reasons...
1. It will get all those Sharingan fanboys all excited -.-
2. In a sense it's another trait that cancels out the Byakugan. I mean Byakugan main ability is sight in terms of range and focus. I mean I'm sure the Byakugan can see through smoke but knowing that the Sharingan can as well (in terms of locating a person), doesnt make Byakugan all that special. However the difference between them are still range.
I cant say there is that much of a difference in focus since Sasuke was able to see Deidara's microscopic bombs: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/361/03/
3. I dont know, it just feels like an act of god-modding to do if use it in the zones.

Which actually leads to another discussion of is it really impossible for the Sharingan to see chakra points? I mean most of our information about Sharingan in terms of detail was from Kakashi's Sharingan and during Part 1 of Naruto, he didnt completely master his Sharingan.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/79/17/
He states HIS sharingan cant see these chakra points, which are the size of a needle tip, yet Sasuke is able to see a microscopic jutsu. >.>

But anyways, back on topic with the smoke bombs, give me thoughts on it.

PyroPrinny

Re: Can Sharingan see through smoke bombs?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:50:06 AM »

No, I wouldn't say it could. It can't see through mist, it shouldn't be able to see through smoke. Plus, Byakugan is basically X-Ray vision. It'd be able to see through smoke, ground, rock or anything.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 05:07:21 AM »

No, I wouldn't say it could. It can't see through mist, it shouldn't be able to see through smoke. Plus, Byakugan is basically X-Ray vision. It'd be able to see through smoke, ground, rock or anything.

Actually the Sharingan can see through mist.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/12/12/
That's Kakashi copying Zabuza's water clone jutsu in the mist.
However, here: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/26/11/
The mist was so thick that NO ONE could see through it.
So it really depends on the density of the mist/smoke itself.

PyroPrinny

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:51:16 AM »

Sharingan's broken enough. Let's just say no and go with that.

IceSlayer

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »

It can see through light mist back then, plus Kakashi's was nowhere near it's current strength, not Sasuke's Strength.
Sasuke's can see through should ground, or should I say it can see the Chakra through solid ground So I'd say yes, but no.
It could see the Chakra, but not actually anything else

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »

LMAO @ Pyro's response

Yea Sharingan is broken enough and we can just leave it as a big "NO"
Too bad we dont know if Rinnegan can see chakra, otherwise we can use Naruto vs Pein fight as evidence that it cant. Naruto was using so many smokebombs and smokescreens in that fight, it wasnt even funny >.>
However if Naruto continues this fighting style of utilizing smoke bombs, we will know for sure if Sharingan can still see chakra through it.
For now, I'm just going to be using chakra-infused smokebombs in my fights, just in case >.>

Demon Bandit Taumaster

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »

Actually the Sharingan can see through mist.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/12/12/
That's Kakashi copying Zabuza's water clone jutsu in the mist.
However, here: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/26/11/
The mist was so thick that NO ONE could see through it.
So it really depends on the density of the mist/smoke itself.

I think it also depends if it's a technique.<< That was chakra-empowered mist, no? If it's just a smoke bomb..I think the sharingan could see through it.

PyroPrinny

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 07:28:40 PM »

Rinnengan can't see chakra. All we know is that is that it has multi-vision and can use all types of elemental chakra. And I read on the SL wiki that is says that Sharingan can see through walls...

...When did this happen? o_O

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »

Rinnengan can't see chakra. All we know is that is that it has multi-vision and can use all types of elemental chakra. And I read on the SL wiki that is says that Sharingan can see through walls...

Well considering that it can see chakra through the ground, it most likely can see chakra through walls. >.>

PyroPrinny

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:15:23 PM »

I'm pretty sure Byakugan's the only one that could really see through walls. Sharingan might just be able to see if it's right on the other side of the wall.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »

I'm pretty sure Byakugan's the only one that could really see through walls. Sharingan might just be able to see if it's right on the other side of the wall.

I'm sure that only Byakugan can see EVERYTHING behind the wall while the Sharingan can only see forms of chakra behind the wall. You're right, we dont know how far deep behind the wall that Sharingan can detect chakra through.

IceSlayer

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:43:11 PM »

WRONG!
It can see Chakra, which is how Pein saw the Chakra barrier around Konohagakure when they invaded, too lazy to find the page though.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 12:54:40 AM »

WRONG!
It can see Chakra, which is how Pein saw the Chakra barrier around Konohagakure when they invaded, too lazy to find the page though.

I dont know if that barrier is made of chakra. It could have been formed through help of seal tags or some other method.
This is the link showing Pein seeing the barrier: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/419/02/

EDIT: However if IceSlayer is right and Rinnegan can see chakra. It would mean that Rinnegan cant see chakra through smoke. Possibly, leading to the answer that Sharingan cant see though smoke either. Like I said, Naruto used so many smokebombs and smokescreens in that fight against Pein, it's not even funny. >.>
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:08:36 AM by Mei »

joker

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 09:25:07 PM »

It can see through smoke bombs <<
so if you call me a god-mod for saying i see your figure through the smokebombs, YOUR A GOD_MODDER :-x

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

It can see through smoke bombs <<
so if you call me a god-mod for saying i see your figure through the smokebombs, YOUR A GOD_MODDER :-x

As it stands, we really dont have any REAL proof that Sharingan can see through natural smokebombs, smokescreens.
All of our posts are based on the fact that Sasuke can see chakra through the ground so it's only logical for us to think that it can see through smoke as well.
It just seems we would just end up giving more power to Sharingan like this. Byakugan is falling behind o.o

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.