Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: New stuff? Pt. 1: The Villages  (Read 4732 times)

Shinku

New stuff? Pt. 1: The Villages
« on: October 25, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thesis:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea of the five great ninja villages being implemented into game play of SL has been talked about since the revealing of said villages. For those that don't know, the five great ninja nations are: Konohagakure, Kirigakure, Sunagakure, Kumogakure, and Iwagakure. Not to say that these are the ONLY ninja villages; however, they are the most prominent and the centerfold of the Narutoverse. To note, the current "races" if you were, include 3 of these great nations, as well as a fourth, Otogakure.

The Villages and their effect on a character:

It would appear that many of the players on SL, swap their in-game village for an RP one. Many players claim to be from Kumogakure and Iwagakure, yet they have to play as a Kiri citizen. Being merely examples, here is my proposals. Please note these are just examples and aren't me saying "we better do this. blaghraghagrhlar." If I cannot remember the buff's name, I'll just insert something to give the reader a "gist" of it. And what if we gave Stat switchoffs. If your buff gives you + X Stat, then it gives you -X Stat as well

Konohagakure:

Example text: Growing up amongst the leaves has taught you to be Stealthy an precise.

Associated buff: Ninja Leetness

Stat+ : Attack +1 or Forest Fights +2

Stat- : Constitution -1

Kirigakure:

Example text: Living within the mist has brought the sense of the awareness of surroundings.

Associated buff: Mist Awareness

Stat+ : Dexterity +2

Stat- : Strength -1

Kumogakure:

Example Text: Being born amongst the clouds has infused you with an insatiable hunger for the understanding of the world around you.

Associated Buff: Head in the clouds xD

Stat+ : Intelligence +2

Stat- : Wisdom - 1

Iwagakure:

Example Text: Living in the wastelands of the land of stones has forced you to think quickly on your feet.

Associated Buff: Stone Will

Stat+ : Wisdom +2 or HP +5

Stat- : Speed - 1

Sunagakure:

Example Text: Surrounded by the whirling sands, you have fortified yourself against all intruders.

Associated Buff: Sand Armor

Stat+ : +2 Constitution or +1 Defense

Stat-: -1 Dexterity

Missing Nin:

Example Text: You have long since forsaken all ideals of home or belonging.

Associated Buff: None

Stat+ : None
Stat- : None

Conclusion of PT. 1:

1* I have ideas for shops, etc. But I would like to post that separate to the villages.

2* Everything is in example and hypothetical.

3* I am not attempting to thrust anything on the Admins, etc. I would help in any way, if these changes are indeed seen as possible, plausible, and the staff believe it both necessary and fun.

Thank you.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: New stuff? Pt. 1: The Villages
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:50:57 AM »

Hey nice job, not sure if this is the exact right place for it, but it's good.

I actually like getting rid of Otogakure, that would be fine with me, take it and change it to Kumogakure or something, and possibly making Iwagakure available as a race.

Not to sure about the buffs though, I think they should stay as is, and I see no need to have them give negatives, but that's just me.

Also, this has been bought up in another thread, but making Land of Iron the 'Central' village.

Only thing I really disagree with is Missing Nin, it raises a bunch of problems. Where is the Academy, Weapon/Armor shops for Missing Nin? Where do they start?

Shinku

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:28:19 PM »

There didn't seem to be a thread that I could post this - so I chose the closest thing I saw. Same with the others...sadly. ;~;

Here's why I put in the Negatives. Imagine a ninja from their respective villages. They have strengths and weaknesses. Right? I found it to be an interesting concept and felt it could be beneficial to post the idea - certainly can't hurt, right?

So, I got to thinking about the Missing Nin thing. Let's look at it this way. If I am from Sunagakure...I level to 15 and go to Ninja Academy. What do I do? I fight Jiraiya Shouldn't I be fighting, I don't know - Gaara? Or Kankuro? Or Temari? I used the logic that the academy seemed to be village neutral and wouldn't really matter.

As for the starting point? Why not Land of Iron, like I brought up (no doubt others too) recently? It makes perfect sense. You're on the run from your past and hide away in neutral territory. You get no buffs, etc. I figured it could work.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:20:11 PM »

Fair enough, ideas are always good! And it's not that important where you put it I guess.

But yeah, I guess that could work for 'Missing Nin' having them start in the central village, could also have their Academy and shops their.
But it would be all disadvantage, why would anyone pick it? Some might for just the Roleplaying factor, but it has to be worth it for people to choose, and why choose something useless?

Anyway, just more thoughts.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 05:29:27 AM »

Missing Nin could possibly be an automatic evil alignment?

I don't think I've seen any good missing nin in the manga/anime.

I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:30:01 AM by Jinsei »
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 05:33:22 AM »

Itachi... >_>

But maybe, or each gameday or kill you choose Missing Nin, could make you more evil?

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 05:35:16 AM »

Itachi is good?!

I need to catch up on my Naruto!!

Yeah, I can't really think of any stat increases for the missing nin race :/

EDIT: Possibly increased charm?! (They are good at persuasion?)

EDIT of the EDIT: Maybe just as it says above. Nothing. That way you don't get any decreased stats, like all the other races.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 05:37:22 AM by Jinsei »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 05:36:54 AM »

Yeah, I think Neji has said no to it before, mostly for reason I mentioned if I remember correctly.

But yeah, there are plenty of cons for it, but what real benefits?

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 05:44:20 AM »

The cons are the benefits.

Sure, you get no stat increases . . .
But you don't get any stat decreases!

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 05:47:23 AM »

But it'd be like LoB, you'd have to travel into the capital to level or buy equipment.

But it could work.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 05:49:27 AM »

I hate that, by the way.

We could possibly have the Missing nin race setup after a certain amount of DKs as an extension of the main races?
Not sure how (I was mindlessly thinking on my keyboard).

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:50:28 AM »

I'd be more interested in Kumogakure as a race.

Shinku

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:48:17 PM »

When I was still on LoB, I did not mind traveling - lost account when I moved. ;~; Didn't get on because SL was more important...oh woe..

It's possible that Karma could be a factor - but not all missing nin are evil...what if it automatically set your Karma to Chaotic? Just a thought.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.