Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gold --> Gems?  (Read 8122 times)

Ranketsu Lily

• View Profile
Gold --> Gems?
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »

I was thinking, at the end of some Dks, some people like myself say, "What can I do with all of this gold?! I hate just wasting it!"

And at the same time, I say, "I want more gems."

So, how about being able to trade in money for gems? Say, 10,000 gold for 1 gem? Or even 1,000 gold for a gem? That would be super nice. Even if this said shop did only open at level 15.

So...?

HollowAizen

• View Profile
Re: Gold --> Gems?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:07:14 AM »

That sounds good, I think you should make 5,000. 10,000 sounds like to much. 1,000 to less.
Perhaps make it so that people have to pay too get there too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:48:27 AM by HollowAizen »
Everything that happens is in responce to my will

Narshe

• Feed my karma of doubt and despair.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »

If this happened, then everyone with multi-accounts would be storing all of their gold somewhere it would be easy to make large withdrawals from (cityhouses + castles), and purchase large amounts of gems in mass numbers. That would just make the Gem-holding rankings in the Hall of Fame completely useless, considering the amount of effort into obtaining these gems would become. Not to mention pretty soon there'd be a large amount of players with Kyuubi's they had purchased with these gems, instead of earning them the hard way the rest of us were forced into doing, causing absolute chaos between the veteran players of the game and the noobs who don't wish to put any effort into obtaining these little items.

Ranketsu Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:11 PM »

Now that just sounds selfish. And to get Kyuubi you have to be at least 50dk in, so you can't be that "noobish" as you so blandly put it. And you have to have 500,000 gold and 500 gems to get it, at that.
And at that, you're paying a fair amount of gold to get it.

Now, in one game day, at MOST you can withdraw 9,000 gold, and that's level 15. So, at most, with that, you could withdraw... Hey, lookie there, 1 gem? :D Dang, those "noobs" sure are nifty; working around the system. I am sure that one gem will go towards the gem hall of fame, massively.

When I was still leveling, in a normal game day I would get around 20,000gold. Even now, as level 15, sitting, wasting all my turns, I get around 10-40k gold a game day. And that's why I believe it should be based partially on your dk rating.

Maybe... 500g(dk)=1G?
g=gold, G=gem
For someone with 49 kills like myself, it would take 24,500 gold for a gem. For an Acad, after all, 500 gold IS a lot, and a gem is still a lot.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »

Great point Ranketsu.
But these gems could be refered to as persodo gems or unreal.
So that you don't have too bother with the rankings.
Another thought, how bout you make it so that you can only get 5 gems per in a singal 1-15 life. And every 10 kills that number is plused by 5. sound fair?

Ranketsu Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:08 AM »

Well, we shouldn't limit it "that" much.

I am all up for "persado" gems. That's super smooth. But besides limiting it with goldxdk, not much more should be necessary.

I was thinking, and 500g(dk)=1G is a lot. 250 would be more legit. Just a suggestion, still.
g=gold, G=gem

Narshe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:38:30 AM »

Now that just sounds selfish. And to get Kyuubi you have to be at least 50dk in, so you can't be that "noobish" as you so blandly put it. And you have to have 500,000 gold and 500 gems to get it, at that.
And at that, you're paying a fair amount of gold to get it.

Now, in one game day, at MOST you can withdraw 9,000 gold, and that's level 15. So, at most, with that, you could withdraw... Hey, lookie there, 1 gem? :D Dang, those "noobs" sure are nifty; working around the system. I am sure that one gem will go towards the gem hall of fame, massively.

When I was still leveling, in a normal game day I would get around 20,000gold. Even now, as level 15, sitting, wasting all my turns, I get around 10-40k gold a game day. And that's why I believe it should be based partially on your dk rating.

Maybe... 500g(dk)=1G?
g=gold, G=gem
For someone with 49 kills like myself, it would take 24,500 gold for a gem. For an Acad, after all, 500 gold IS a lot, and a gem is still a lot.

For your information, Kyuubi costs 100,000 gold and 650 gems.
At level 15, a Sannin+ can go to Hoshigakure and withdraw up to 36000 gold in one day.
Anyway, why would you need the gems? To purchase a mount, or elixirs?
Academy Students should be used to not obtaining a lot of gems  in the beginning. Heck, I have a Chuunin I rarely go on who has 120 gems, and that's without directly paying for gems.
Honestly, the game's still easy to navigate through without the option, so like John Lennon and Paul McCartney have stated, "Let it be."

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 08:39:06 AM »

The ABNU event could remove all your pesodo gems, because they are kind of illegal.

Narshe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 08:43:01 AM »

The ABNU event could remove all your pesodo gems, because they are kind of illegal.

There's really no point, unless you wish to fight the ANBU every time you encounter them.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:45:24 AM »

No but it gives that risk that should go along with these gems. :evil: :twisted:

Narshe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »

No but it gives that risk that should go along with these gems. :evil: :twisted:

There's no point; like I had stated before, all of SL's veteran players would complaign about how this option wasn't introduced long ago while they were still active. It's just more unnecessary work for Neji to code. This isn't exactly a mandatory option anyway.

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »

When talking about people think about them, don't twist them so that goes for your opinion. They new that they were going up on an early version of the game. Some of them will also use this to help them too. Unless your over 300 oro kills and have a KG then I will eat my words and give up on this topic. But this on isn't mine so I can only aboundon it not close it.
And a word of advise. Try point out something nice about a topic before attacking it. Gently hint about how it can be impproved. Lets get along nicely.

Narshe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 09:15:34 AM »

When talking about people think about them, don't twist them so that goes for your opinion. They new that they were going up on an early version of the game. Some of them will also use this to help them too. Unless your over 300 oro kills and have a KG then I will eat my words and give up on this topic. But this on isn't mine so I can only aboundon it not close it.
And a word of advise. Try point out something nice about a topic before attacking it. Gently hint about how it can be impproved. Lets get along nicely.

Considering I'm at 380 DK's (300 kills + 80 {enough for 1 Reborn}), then you should begin to eat your own words.

Refer to my desription, under my personalized image.

Ranketsu Lily

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 01:00:21 PM »

You know, you're are not helping anything AT ALL. You're just being persistently annoying at this point. If all you have is complaints and negativity to spout, then go somewhere else. I am trying to get opinions, not hatemail here. You're backtracking this idea more than anything.

Anyways, I am a veteran player, and I am not complaining. You're the only person I see complaining. And I was reborn at least once before you even came to this game.
And of course there will be people who complain about this. There's probably not been one function that someone has found "useless" or "stupid"
But! This thread was made to make improvements, not to dis people's ideas.

Back on subject.
I think this could serve as a good idea. Illegal gems? Oh yeah. They count towards buying them, but the ANBU (stronger than before) are after you because they are fake and illegal. Powers comes with responsibility, or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:03:03 PM by ranketsu »

HollowAizen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »

Yea. Kind of like spiderman(slightly) exept your the bad one.  :twisted: :twisted:
I'm going to recap the current idea for everyone:
1. You can only buy 5 gems in 1-15 run this nuber can be incressed by getting more kills.
2. There is a risk getting these gems. They won't change your alighnment but it will incress the power of the ABNU envent.
3. These gems don't count towards your score in the hall of fame.
4. You can only get 1 gem per level up.
5. The costs will rise as you get higher DKs.
Anyone who wants to disscuse the points. Go ahead and post. Keep as much negativity out as possible.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.