Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Shinobi Legends Staff  (Read 12250 times)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Shinobi Legends Staff
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 07:17:35 AM »

*Sighs* It is true. I have a few friends that don't even bother posting on here any more because they doubt Neji will ever answer them...

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »

But remember, the 'Staff' are really just players to, with normal lives, normal jobs, and studies.
They aren't 'paid' to do this or anything. If we lived in a perfect world there'd always be one on, but unless people are actually fully employed to be on at all times it would never happen.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 03:06:49 PM »

But remember, the 'Staff' are really just players to, with normal lives, normal jobs, and studies.
They aren't 'paid' to do this or anything. If we lived in a perfect world there'd always be one on, but unless people are actually fully employed to be on at all times it would never happen.
While, you are right, it doesn't change the fact that they have a responsibility, they signed up for it, voluntarily.

And because of this fact, they are supposed to be active consistently.

I feel that if they aren't, they should be let go.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes.

KingCyrus

• So be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

All present mods have been active at some point. In other words, all have contributed some precious time to this game in order to help out Oliver.

With that being said, although this topic holds some amusing arguments, the truth is that an inactive member who still holds a staff title is not an issue. Why? Simple. We don't get paid for this. If we did get money for doing this work, then yes, it would obviously be quite unfair indeed. :P

I'm assuming that the main reason that Neji doesn't remove mod powers is because he is grateful for our help and leaves our status as a way of saying thanks. He also probably hopes that they might become active again.

Anyways, SL isn't exactly a democracy, more of a benevolent dictatorship. In the end, Neji has the last word. Either it be demotion or promotion, he has his reasons.

If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. But if my fate is to die, then I must simply laugh. -Magus

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 12:36:19 AM »

I think staff should be on everyday cause as a regular shinobi if I need help staff should be there
Seriously... how often do you really need help from Mods.
In all my time playing I think I've called a Mod maybe twice?
Besides getting Avatars Validated and a couple of issues your really don't need them 24/7.
But it would be nice to have them there in case we did.
Seen it before when people go crazy and no Mods on to take care of them.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 12:58:04 AM »

With that being said, although this topic holds some amusing arguments, the truth is that an inactive member who still holds a staff title is not an issue. Why? Simple. We don't get paid for this. If we did get money for doing this work, then yes, it would obviously be quite unfair indeed. Tongue
The point is, being a staff member comes with responsibilities.

Part of those responsibilities include, being a Mod(-erator of ShinobiLegends), to be sure that the rules are being followed, among other reasons.

Since I have re-started playing this game, I have found more rules being broken than in the entirety of the time I played before.
Whether you like it or not, being a Staff Member is a job. No you don't get paid for it (Which do not define a job) but you are entitled to enforce certain things and concepts.

If a Staff Member is inactive, they are not doing their job, or fulfilling their duties. Simple enough.

I am not saying "get rid of inactive mods", no. I am saying that something needs to be done so there is more activity among the staff members. Maybe move the inactive ones to the inactive list and get a new, more active set of members.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:06:00 AM by Jinsei »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »

I'm assuming that the main reason that Neji doesn't remove mod powers is because he is grateful for our help and leaves our status as a way of saying thanks. He also probably hopes that they might become active again.
Which is why Neji added the Inactive Moderator part on the staff list. Now it should be used.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

Which is why Neji added the Inactive Moderator part on the staff list. Now it should be used.
I agree 100%

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »

It's a problem, but as I am also not fully here (currently doing stuff on LoB) it is a problem.

Finding good people is also =)

I'd rather have a few not-so-active people on I can trust than more that are not that reliable (personality).
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »

It's a problem, but as I am also not fully here (currently doing stuff on LoB) it is a problem.

Finding good people is also =)

I'd rather have a few not-so-active people on I can trust than more that are not that reliable (personality).

Told you guys.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 12:56:12 AM »

It is true, but Neji, are you spreading yourself to thin?
Also, how do you find good people? You really don't know how someone is until you've tested them, and you really don't get a test of them until they serve in the position.
What about deputy Mods? I know there is a Module for that. You can give a player one area and they have Moderator abilities in that area, and that area only.

Baluski

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2010, 05:10:47 PM »

You find good people through your interactions with them. =)
Everytime a thread is locked, a penguin dies.

Obey the moderator!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTLwiccIOxI

Demon Sasuke

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

Baluski, I re-enter my previous attempt at applying for a moderator for I now am above the required rank if it still is Jounin.
My account, Altair, is currently Sannin and is coming up Kage.

(Posting this because he just read the MoTD)

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2010, 05:36:37 PM »

*Pokes the account*
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Jinsei

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »

:smt009

That's my cue to lock.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.