Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Clan Misc  (Read 2960 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Clan Misc
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »

Alright, how about this. Once you withdraw your application from a certain clan, you cannot join another for say... 7 days? This is conducted in order to prevent consecutive clan "hopping"'s from occurring.

Clan member limit. Now, we all know that pretty much just anyone above the rank of Jounin can start their own clan and bring in their alts, despite the rule existing so that they [alts] cannot be used to benefit any one character, yet there are clans of 10+ members with just 2 people, one of which has the many alts frustrating those who're bothered enough to care. Perhaps there should be an 'expansion' option...

Example: Say you started a fresh new clan, your automated member count limit would be set to 10. Now, to increase it, you'll need to buy your way up via a deposit of Gold and Gems.
Each upgrade increases the member count limit by +5.
1st Upgrade - 1500 Gold 0 Gems (+5)....... 10th Upgrade - 500000 Gold 200 Gems(+50)
Because I see clans as being nothing more than 'simple interest groups', and wish to see a little RP progress albeit the lack of progress and such...

But oh well, it's the idea that counts. I'll admit I'd be a little bummed if neither option's passed, but at least I got the load off 'ma chest.  :)

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
Re: Clan Misc
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »

Not to be that annoying naysayer, but:

What about people that decide to switch clans because their friends are changing over? They'd have to wait a week.

Also, I don't see anything obnoxious about filling a clan with alts. They're meant to be interest groups, and can be run by RPers as RP groups if they feel like it. Anyone looking to pal around with their buds [i.e. most everyone] would have to drop a lot of resources into it.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 10:41:53 PM »

Well, if their friends are changing clans, they'd have to wait the additional week as well, wouldn't they? If they did a few days prior to another leaving their current [clan] to join something else, then it'd more likely be a dispute between friends, and only between friends.  :D

I do notice a bunch 'o those "clans" existing in the present, however there's not so many members to really worry about costs. Think about it, two additional payments could lift the member count limit to 20 peers, clans with 80+ members are usually spammed in ranks with Academy Students who go inactive; kinda pointless.

Remember these were ideas, just a thought, not really important [though enough to be brought up].

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:49:49 PM »

Okay, both of these ideas have merit, but I... can't make up which side I'm on. lol

I want to say no and go all flamer on them, but at the same time I like them because they're evil!

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 19 queries.