Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: New KGs  (Read 20069 times)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: New KGs
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 01:33:04 AM »

Why thank you, I do try and stay as true to the Manga as practical.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »

The Rinnegan is one of the three great dōjutsu in the series and said to be the most powerful of them all. Its occurrence is so rare that many people once believed its existence was only a legend or a mutation.
The Sharingan is evolved from the Uchiha Clan Ancestor's dōjutsu, which is evolved from the Rinnegan. It is unknown where or even if the Byakugan fits into this lineage.

The above two quotes were extracted from Naruto Wikia.

THE BELOW ARE SPOILERS

What I'm not understanding is why the Rinnegan's been categorized into Sage Art when you can't exactly hone your own abilities in order to obtain it. Also in the second quote the Sharingan is evolved from the Rinnegan, however should one possess the Sharingan, how on earth do they obtain the Rinnegan? Madara's the only one possessing the two, with both being implanted into his eye sockets!

My Verdict: Catergorize the Rinnegan into the Dōjutsu section. Restrictions? Do not allow those possessing a dōjutsu to obtain it (obviously), make some sort of high Oro kill requirement in order to be able to reset into it. If anybody would like to dispute this with me then by all means send [myself] a private message!

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »

Hehe, I know why it's be classified a 'Sage Art.' It will all make sense in due time, and I believe it will keep you happy Renascence.

You make valid points, but we've already discussed them. Not sure if I should go into the secret details of what the other KG will be, and other things related to them or not.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 01:42:07 PM »

Sage Mode is the result of using natural energy along with a ninja's normal chakra in perfect balance to drastically empower a ninja's abilities.
Senjutsu (仙術, Sage Techniques) refers to a specialized field of jutsu that allows the user to sense and then gather the natural energy (自然エネルギー, shizen enerugī) around a person. Senjutsu practitioners can then learn to draw the energy of nature inside of them blending it with their own chakra (created from spiritual and physical energy within the shinobi), adding a new dimension of power to the sage's chakra, resulting in the creation of "senjutsu chakra" (仙術チャクラ, senjutsu chakura). This chakra cannot be seen by anyone other than those who have been trained in senjutsu.
This new chakra enables the user to enter an empowered state called Sage Mode, which can then drastically increase the strength of all ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu. A person who is able to use senjutsu is called a sage (仙人, sennin). It would seem that it stems from the toads of Mount Myōboku, as only Shima, Fukasaku, Jiraiya and Naruto have been seen using it. Gamakichi and Gamabunta also seem to be familiar with it. A prerequisite to being able to use Senjutsu is that the user must have a great reservoir of chakra themselves in order to manipulate the natural energy.

The above few quotes were extracted from Naruto Wikia.

If the Rinnegan were to be classified as a 'Sage Art'. wouldn't one need to possess both Sage Mode and the Sharingan? (Natural Energy + Sharingan = Pseudo Rinnegan?) Now I do understand that some of the logic in SL differs from the canon universe, however making it accessible to practically anybody would be well, dull. For Kekkei Genkai believed to be possessed by one to a few users in the canon Naruto Universe to be accessible to players in SL would make a fair amount of sense: Mokuton's the collaboration of the Earth and Water Release's, thus practically anybody should be able to form it; the Kaguya, Uchiha and Yuki clans still existing wouldn't be far-fetched either. However for something like the Rinnegan to be released without there being any restrictions upon it would be absolutely catastrophic for other players to face ingame - we don't exactly need 50 Pein/Rikudo Sennin's running about, now do we?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 01:45:27 PM »

We don't care about that aspect.
Coding is purely for game play, players control their little RP games.

And I have no idea what your on about with this Sage Mode + Sharingan = Rinnegan thing...

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 01:52:14 PM »

If that's the case, then why not allow any one player (excluding Neji) to possess both the Mokuton and Hyoton Kekkei Genkai, or both Shikotsumyaku and Hachimon? Don't tell me, there's a limit? (*sarcasm*)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »

Umm... because we don't want people to be too overpowered ingame.

Seriously, if you not happy with how the game is going, no ones forcing you to play.

Either that, or if your all against our work, then forget it, I can easily stop. I have better things to with my time than code for you.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 02:00:41 PM »

Overpowered in what aspect?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »

Well, you'd have all these 'powerful' jutsus at your disposal, and any other benefits in game from those KGs.

Also some wouldn't work together, and it makes sense that you can only have one from each category.

Just to keep you settled I'll reveal the details of Sage Arts, which are final yet.

The two new KGs will be Sage Arts, Rinnegan and Sage Mode.

You can only have one Sage Art, and if you have a Sage Art, you can't have any other KG.

As such, they may be slightly more powerful than the average KG, and contain 6 resets each.

sharakkar

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 02:48:03 AM »

The two new KGs will be Sage Arts, Rinnegan and Sage Mode.

I just want to say, "Ha! I knew it."

Anyways on to my actual reason for posting this...

You can only have one Sage Art, and if you have a Sage Art, you can't have any other KG.

So what happens to those of us that have already, ya' know been reborn a few times. Is there going to be any kind of option to lose the KG we have now to reborn into one of these Sage Arts or are they locked to us forever? Personally I can see the arguement for both sides, but really I'm just curious. I'd just like to know because I have one of my accounts sitting at 80 dks, already reborn I might add, just so I can test one of these when it comes out. But if there isn't going to be an option to completely reset all of our reborns and reborn into one of these new ones then I might as well just max out Mokuton and turn him into a sitter like I originally planned.

On another quick note I just thought of an idea, don't know what ya'lls plans are for the new Sage Art, but this is an idea that I just had. What if, in order to be reborn into a Sage Art you had to first max out one KG from each category that already exist or have been reborned x number of times. Just an idea though cause it would, IMHO at least stop from there being a huge number of people running around with a Sage Art.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 02:53:05 AM »

Alright I feel absolutely dumbfounded .. and happy simultaneously. *Goes off to learn how to read more thoroughly*

So then it's no surprise then that anybody already possessing resets into other KG's may reset into those listed under 'Sage Art' as the option to do so will only be available on the Test Server, correct?

So what happens to those of us that have already, ya' know been reborn a few times. Is there going to be any kind of option to lose the KG we have now to reborn into one of these Sage Arts or are they locked to us forever? Personally I can see the arguement for both sides, but really I'm just curious. I'd just like to know because I have one of my accounts sitting at 80 dks, already reborn I might add, just so I can test one of these when it comes out. But if there isn't going to be an option to completely reset all of our reborns and reborn into one of these new ones then I might as well just max out Mokuton and turn him into a sitter like I originally planned.

On another quick note I just thought of an idea, don't know what ya'lls plans are for the new Sage Art, but this is an idea that I just had. What if, in order to be reborn into a Sage Art you had to first max out one KG from each category that already exist or have been reborned x number of times. Just an idea though cause it would, IMHO at least stop from there being a huge number of people running around with a Sage Art.

Perhaps this is the realm's way of saying, "This is what happens when you're not patient" or as the French put it, "C'est la vie". Anyway as there's six resets required to max out both of the available and those resetting into them won't possess the supreme Sharingan to prolong their Forest Fighting lives, many would quit levelling before even making it to their second reset.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:33:02 AM by Renascence »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 05:11:13 AM »

I know people have mentioned making you max out resets to then reset in this, not sure if that will happen though, so far all I know is Neji is planning to make a Sage Art your only KG.

As to if you can exchange? Again I don't know, I wouldn't see anything wrong with it, but maybe at a two for one rate or something?

But yeah, The Sage Arts are set up so anyone can test them on the Test Server, but wont stay that way when released in game.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »

My apologies for sounding impatient but what would be a sound EWT (Estimated Waiting Time) for the implementation of these new features? Also, would they be released before/after the name change option?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 01:32:15 AM »

Well I know we want to aim for the end of this month, but I haven't been able to start coding Sage Mode yet.
I have a week break coming up, so I hope to crank it out then, so we can get it up for testing to.

As for the name change, I don't know.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »

Well I know we want to aim for the end of this month, but I haven't been able to start coding Sage Mode yet.
I have a week break coming up, so I hope to crank it out then, so we can get it up for testing to.

As for the name change, I don't know.

I hope the name change comes before the KG's. I mean they are seriously stupid, and I need a name change more. >_>
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.