Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clan Visiting System  (Read 11604 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Clan Visiting System
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 02:18:12 AM »

I'm in love with the  concept of  Rai's suggestion.

Make it like dwellings and keys for city houses/castles.

15 'keys' to give out/take back. Only rank 30/31 can distribute and or take back 'keys', similar to owners of a city house/castle.

Clan members can see that these people are visitors by their posting within the clan halls. Or, leader/founder tells them that they have visitation rights.

You can visit as many clans as you want as long as a leader/founder of said clan gives you a 'key' to their clan.

What's also appealing about this concept is that the game coding for it is at least, partially written already.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 04:06:04 AM »

From a code perspective, I think a separate list might be easier...

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »

That was exactly my thoughts Acey-Boy.

Though I had thought about who could see the list of visitors. Having it so all members of the clan makes sense, as the visitors will most likely be posting, so no need to hide them from the rest of the clan. The list could act like the member list, and be were the leaders can kick the visitors out, or accept them.

The one question I do have, is sounds there be a limit on the number of clans that can be visited by one person?

A "guest list" can always be made; members list and guest would make sense. If anything, being it too much of a hassle to code a new list, we can always have a "-" rank, literally just the hyphen to indicate no rank, under rank 0, or applicant, rank.

I suppose creating a code for "inability to raise or change rank" would be in order.

Not bad of an idea.
If it matters, you have my vote.

Though here are a few questions to keep in mind and begin formulating:
1. How will this system exactly work?
    - Example: I am the leader (rank 30/31), I let you be a guest to chat my in clan halls. Well, do you think there should be
                      another list with names of members who have visiting rights seen by all, or just of certain ranks?

2. Limitations?
    - Are the limitations like a time limit really needed? If the clan leader or rank 25 or higher accepts you to be a visitor, well, doesn't
      that mean he/she can revoke that visitation? That basically is your limitation...in sense.

From what I can tell, I'm thinking a little differently about this than you. And this method might possibly be easier to do, rather than creating time limits and such.

As Ice said, it seems to make sense for everyone to be able to see since one of the main reasons for this visiting system is the ability to read and post there; as for another list, I thought about that a bit and it may be easy to just have the lowest rank in the actual membership list be for visitors, however not allow the clan to change the names of the visitors rank. So they'd be on the actual members list, technically, just with a clear sign pointing out that they are only visiting.

The time limit thing, now that I read back again, seems like a pointless suggestion; that being said, however, it still makes sense to limit the number of clans a person can visit, otherwise you'd have clan hoppers hanging out in every possible clan at once.

@Ace:
1 - Just like dwellings, whomsoever owns them, or in this: case leads the clan, would have the ability to distribute keys. I'm thinking the same way they can "mass message" their clan members, they can send keys or "identification" (which to me sounds more suitable of a term) to players of other clans or no clans at all.

2 - I'm thinking rank 30 and 31 should have that privilege only, be it it's THEIR clan, assuming the founder had stepped down, and as 25-29 you're only entitled to trust, if anything, with minor other "powers". As far as limitations, I too question the need for "time limitations". Seems unneeded to me. So long revoking of one's identification is viable, a time limit isn't required.

@Richard:
About the "clan hoppers" thing:

The thing is, if they give you a key it's because they want you to be there. If anything they're granting access, with most large clans nowadays, for RP purposes.
I'm in love with the  concept of  Rai's suggestion.

Make it like dwellings and keys for city houses/castles.

15 'keys' to give out/take back. Only rank 30/31 can distribute and or take back 'keys', similar to owners of a city house/castle.

Clan members can see that these people are visitors by their posting within the clan halls. Or, leader/founder tells them that they have visitation rights.

You can visit as many clans as you want as long as a leader/founder of said clan gives you a 'key' to their clan.

What's also appealing about this concept is that the game coding for it is at least, partially written already.

Grazie.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 08:16:01 AM »

I like the idea. SO many times I am called to an ally clan and would have to quit my own to pull this off or send an alt.

I feel it should be the upper ranks only that can give out keys. And that a visiotr's list would be good so that while in the other clan you would still retain your own clans rank on your bio indetifying you are such.

Limitation?
one key: If it is for RP, you cannot be in two places at once anyway. and until your visitor's pass is revoked.

or no limitation: you may be welcomed in several clans and just have to be mindful enough to make sure you ARE in only one plce at one time. I am not limited to the number of house keys from friends I can hold.

how many to give out? whatever works is fine with me. But how embarassing it woul dbe to have more visitors than actual members? too funny.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 01:06:57 AM »

To keep this plot going, I'm suggesting that we have the test server host a clan visiting system based on the dwelling/key system.

Founders and leader can give out keys, 15 keys per clan that can be given out. The list on who's visiting is within the dwelling key give away option itself.

Test the idea out, see if you like it, and we have a basis to hand to Neji when need be.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 01:22:41 AM »

But Neji has to put things on the test server....

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »

I wanted to re-visit/revive this topic. I did some reading through, and it doesn't seem to have been rejected. The problems previously listed still exist; the village clans would have to leave their clan in order to go to another village clan's village. There are exceptions nowadays like Konoha and Kumo, but there are still some other village-clans out there.

The ideas originally thrown were general: Make it work like a 'key' system, where you were given special permissions to view, but do not lose access to your own clan.

Another was suggested of special ranks that can be given to visitors, though I think the 'key' idea seemed to be the one that launched further.

So how about it? Can this idea be furthered?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 05:07:56 AM »

I personally don't see a need for this, it's pretty simple from an roleplay point to just leave your current clan, then return. All it would be is an unnecessary convenience at the cost of lines of additional code.

My grounds/ why I'm against it?

if your character needs to be in the other village(clan) leave where you are, you cannot be two places at once.

The pros (from what I see): No additional coding
The cons: none

Furthermore, it can be hassle to leave your clan, then have to wait for someone to get online until return so you cannot freely move back and forth. I think that's a very minor thing though compared to the work entailed with coding in such a feature, that's time and code that could go somewhere else, like the beta test server in itself, that's still that, a test. It's a good idea, I'm just not behind it right now.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 16 queries.