Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Can the Byakugan see through clothes?  (Read 9796 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Can the Byakugan see through clothes?
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »

Basically, I'm asking if the byakugan can see past the clothes and see the skin.
These is the only manga evidence that comes close to proving it: http://www.mangareader.net/93-46-16/naruto/chapter-41.html

That proves that byakugan users have the ability to set depth perception and that was displayed from Neji, a Genin at the time. So people cant say that byakugan sees only chakra pathway when looking at a person. Now based on that information, it is only logically that Byakugan can see past the clothes and see the skin of a person. However, I'm just curious what other people think. I'm not putting up a poll this time because it seems that people like to vote but they dont want to post anything. -_-

So you can post either you agree or disagree and please state your reasoning behind your answer if that is not too much trouble. >.>

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Can the Byakugan see through clothes?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »

Well from that I'd say sure, but they'd need to be pretty skilled at it, as there would be a sort space to focus on. Plus there'd be little light, so while they maybe able to between the clothing and skin etc, they might not be able to make things out like Tattoos, weapons and all.

But we all know that's what Hinata is doing we she sees Naruto!

Makoto

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 04:59:38 PM »

I, for one, do not need more perverts running around.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »

Lol. Nice thought Mei, but I ain't a pervert either >> <<

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »

I think what started this discussion was if people can see hidden weapons, and Tattoos.

Makoto

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 03:38:28 AM »

Then the entire point of being a shinobi is lost, isn't it?

I can't hide my weapons. I can't hide my affiliations. I get visually molested as I sleep.

Yeah, I wanna really wanna play with you guys. >>

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:54:21 AM »

Poor Makoto doesn't catch a break.

Leafninja.com says that it can see through clothes. But, then again, it also states the same for the Uchiha trait. Again, it really depends on the person and what they feel is right.

At least, to a certain extent.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

Like I said, could it yeah, but could you make out anything, doubt it.

Sharingan however I doubt can, it can only see Chakra...

Seiryuu

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »

Kishimoto was taking the context of "All Seeing Eye" to the extreme, and it can see heavily chakra only. To a certain point, there would be say an outline of clothes, yes. But no, they shouldn't be able to see dangly bits and whatnot, because it's a Doujutsu that sees the chakra system and the tenketsu as well when focused. Beyond that, if it ain't related to chakra, it can't be actually seen.

Weapons, pffft, if it ain't chakra as I said before, no go. Now, if the user has skill and talent, and can logically know that judging by the outlines and where the limb is, they should be able to realize a weapon is being grabbed. But no, hidden weapons are hidden even from the All Seeing Eye. For seeing through clothes, well, the chakra system is in the body so really, it's more like the clothes are not registering to the chakra seeing eyes, and are merely just outlines. Look at the fight between Naruto and Neji, he can see an outline of Naruto's clothes, but that's it.

>.> Byakugan ain't a peeping weapon, but it can be a medical tool. Make sure that baby's healthy chakra wise.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 06:35:59 PM »

Leafninja.com says that it can see through clothes. But, then again, it also states the same for the Uchiha trait. Again, it really depends on the person and what they feel is right.

At least, to a certain extent.

Taken from Leafninja.com on Sharingan: " It can also allow the member to pierce another’s body and see their chakra."
It's clearly referring to see one's chakra flow within the person's body.

However I dont see anything similiar stated in the Byakugan section besides this: "When the "Byakugan" is activated, the clan member gains an extra-sensory perception, which gives them penetrating sight and telescopic vision."

Kishimoto was taking the context of "All Seeing Eye" to the extreme, and it can see heavily chakra only. To a certain point, there would be say an outline of clothes, yes. But no, they shouldn't be able to see dangly bits and whatnot, because it's a Doujutsu that sees the chakra system and the tenketsu as well when focused. Beyond that, if it ain't related to chakra, it can't be actually seen.

Weapons, pffft, if it ain't chakra as I said before, no go. Now, if the user has skill and talent, and can logically know that judging by the outlines and where the limb is, they should be able to realize a weapon is being grabbed. But no, hidden weapons are hidden even from the All Seeing Eye. For seeing through clothes, well, the chakra system is in the body so really, it's more like the clothes are not registering to the chakra seeing eyes, and are merely just outlines. Look at the fight between Naruto and Neji, he can see an outline of Naruto's clothes, but that's it.

>.> Byakugan ain't a peeping weapon, but it can be a medical tool. Make sure that baby's healthy chakra wise.

The logical reason that I can think of why when Byakugan is used, we only see the chakra circulatory system is because it is needed for their fighting style, Gentle Fist. They cannot use it if they are only scanning for the opponent's outer skin. >.>

Here's another link: http://www.mangareader.net/93-84-12/naruto/chapter-79.html
It looks like bones and ribs can be seen.

And based on the link on my first post, they can see through a person with no problem to see what's behind the person. So if you were to hide a weapon behind your back, it only logical that the byakugan can see through you and see the weapon you're hiding.
Plus, byakugan can see what's inside your ninja pouch.

On a different note: And I'm sure that you have activate the Byakugan to see anything past the clothes so no Hinata is not a pervert. =P

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

^ Lol, bug

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:27 PM »

^ Lol, bug

4 months and some odd days old and you revived it to post such an unneeded post?

Someone lock this, please.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.