Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Advanced Role-Play Game Masters  (Read 3483 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Advanced Role-Play Game Masters
« on: July 17, 2011, 04:26:40 AM »

Alright, might as well start this topic up (again? Never seen one up before) I propose the concept of a 24/7
or something around that timing, force of compitent, unbiased group of 'Serious' Role-Play moderators or Game Masters. Bear with, and hear me out.

These people would be the ones to resolve zone-fight conflicts and such for those who want to take on a more 'officia' tone for role-play.

Say if two people agree to a bijuu match, for the 'uniform' list of singular jinchuuriki, and a fight ensues but a decision cannot be made by the two parties of the match, for whatever reason. There needs to be some resolution, right?

Hence, the Game Masters come in, look over the material, and decide who's the 'victor' if any. No more arguing, conviction gets around, people go on.

I propose that these GMs will not 'interfere' with people just wanting to goof off and such.
They will however, handle the disputes, set by compititons that the players make through 'serious' and or 'official' role-play and such.

Shinobi Legends is a Role-Play site. I believe there needs to be a system for those who wish to enter a more serious role-play, and guide lines to be layed out and such.

People who don't want to take apart of it don't have to, it will be just another 'feature' that players can turn 'on' and 'off'.

I believe this will solve many disputes in SL, and indirectly cut down on rule-breaking that occurs as a result of these disputes, thus lowering the load that the Admin and Moderators face as a whole.

I'd appreciate some feedback, idea, concerns, and such.

My goal is to have a conjoined effort from the players to either make this concept the best it can be, or find another one to fill its place.
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Advanced Role-Play Game Masters
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:12:04 AM »

No.

It's impractical, and probably impossible to pull off.

Also you can't force one person to RP in certain way, everyone is free to do so in their own way.

I see such a system being abused also, due to biases and such.

Further more, SL is NOT an RP site, it is an LotGD game. Role play is just something tacked on the side, in my view.

My thoughts are, if you want to be bound by silly rules made by people with God Complexes, go create/join an RP Forum, and lets SL go back to being fun.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »

No.

Also you can't force one person to RP in certain way, everyone is free to do so in their own way.

Further more, SL is NOT an RP site, it is an LotGD game. Role play is just something tacked on the side, in my view.

My thoughts are, if you want to be bound by silly rules made by people with God Complexes, go create/join an RP Forum, and lets SL go back to being fun.
I agree with Ice on some of his thoughts.

It's possible....
BUT, one of the main reasons why I'll have to say no to this idea is that I don't think inactivity of future GMs (staff) will be dealt with.
And that is one major aspect, activity.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:43:11 PM by ace »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:35 PM »

No.

Yo, Ice. Chill. You're overreacting to this. Any who, he said that not everyone has to do it, so there can still be fooling around. But, yeah; I agree with you though.

Any who, Tommi. SL does not need GM's, and will never need them. Seriously, it's a nice idea about having GMs to prevent OOC, but just do like I do and tell them - in PM - that they are god-modding and whatnot. Though, I can see this being used if SL ever does an RP war, and maybe for the Bijuu matches; but the bijuu aren't given out to immature people; so yeah. All in all, I vote no.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »

Yeah Nathan's got it.

If you want to RP with someone, set up some guideline/rules before you start, and take an questions to PM.

What I see the GMs doing if they are called, is to hold site events, which may not have anything to do with fighting.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »

I vote no as well to this idea.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:35 AM »

What I see the GMs doing if they are called, is to hold site events, which may not have anything to do with fighting.

Sorry to revive this, but, yeah.

The only one we've ever, really, had was the war. I'm not even sure that was Tracey's doing.

I'm not sure what her doings actually are.

I mean, she has Game Master for what reason, but what is it?

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:38 PM »

Keep in mind I had a disappearance for a long time.
I actually had a week long Sakura festival before I left and came back after the disappearance, if some people were here by then, they'd remember it. I just recently had my character restored and I'm working at a few things that we'll have. I've already discussed this with a few people.

That, and I already took a gander at the rules "trying to be implemented" to Shinobi Legends's roleplay aspect of the site, and that I too, disagree with sincerely.

I'd have to agree with everyone else, no.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:09:55 PM by Uchiha_Tracey »

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33:13 AM »

The concept of a Roleplay Master is good in theory, and it would raise abit more of a 'serious roleplay' throughout the game to have roleplay masters per village, but 24/7 is.. just not possible. There will be times when someone, simply put, has more important things to do in real life than dedicate hours of their life to a roleplay, particularly when the site in question isn't actually a site thats dedicated to roleplay, but rather to a text-based game.

Personally, I love roleplay, its one of the things I enjoy most on the internet with the exception of listening to music, learning how to code and ect, and I'm currently attempting to find a means to join in the roleplay of shinobi legends, or at the very least the roleplay I see every-so-often at Konohagakure, and I may find a means later when I can dedicate some freeform time to roleplay. Buuut... I don't think roleplay masters are really necessary for roleplay. At least not in the moderator department with powers to ban and so-forth.

Its just as Ice said. The site is meant for enjoyment in playing a text-based game that, in my opinion, is either one of the better or best text-based game I've seen since 2005. Roleplay shouldn't be taken to elitist extremes when its a side-thing to do when you're waiting for the next gameday.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:37:47 AM by Reimu Hakurei »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »

I agree.

Role play is good on SL, but SL just doesn't have the ability to create a structured RP environment, which is a shame really.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

The RP environment, the serious RP in fact, doesn't have to be committed into by every one who play's SL, only those who agree to them. If there is someone that wants to RP a certain way, by all means go right ahead there isn't something stating you can't, but the serious RPers just will not recognize their method or will negotiate another way to continue what ever the situation may be.

The RP of SL is advancing every day that passes but those that don't acknowledge it doesn't have to abide by its rules in my opinion, just RP with someone else.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.