Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Nuzlocke Challenge  (Read 25097 times)

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
Re: Nuzlocke Challenge
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:08:25 PM »

Well, as you know I started my Nuzlocke challenge yesterday, so I suppose I should tell my tale.

SO THERE I WAS! Choosing Charmander as always, because it's a boss. Named him Charlie, after the horse, and then realized I had named him Charlie the Charmander afterward, and was like... "Oh... Wow."

Blahblahblah, I haven't even beat Misty yet, because I'm training my team to be well balanced and getting them all to lvl 20+.

My team at the moment:

Charlie (Charmeleon)
Woodstock (Pidgeotto that evolved from the first pokemon I caught)
Hank (Mankey)
Priscilla (Butterfree)
Rickey (Pikachu) [Got so lucky that I accidently killed the first pokemon that showed up since I had avoided all the Viridian forest grass until I didn't have a choice, and he was the second pokemon I encountered that popped up near the exit.]
Rocco (Geodude)

Oh, I need a ruling on whether Peter (Rattata) is a fair catch, since I caught him on the other end of Viridian Forest, but that still counted as Route 2, and I didn't realize until after I had gone to the Pokemon Center to heal Priscilla who I had been leveling up. I haven't trained him at all, he's been sitting in my box the whole time.

Caught Dinah (Nidoran[Female]) after beating Brock using only Hank and LOW KICK. Then caught Cap'n Jack (Spearow) in the area right after Dinah's. Bought Finn (Magikarp) at the pokemon center outside Mt. Moon, and levelled it up to 9, but I got bored since it took an hour and a half to get him there since I had to keep swapping out which means I'm just going to wait until I get exp. share. Got Rocco inside Mt. Moon, and he surprisingly is pretty strong and useful to have around, especially when going through Mt. Moon because Rock Throw is a OHKO for Zubats. Caught Victor (Bellsprout) in the grass by the daycare center, and now I'm on my way to Vermillion to lvl up before going back to take down Misty using only Rickey.

Rickey keeps almost dying, and so I keep swapping out for Hank before he does. I know that's bad, but I love Rickey. He's a lucky catch, and I need him for Flash/destroying Misty. I'm thinking about evolving him before I go to the Elite Four that way he's fast enough to always get the first hit against Lorelei. [That is her name, right?]

Woodstock pretty much obliterates Douche, my rival. Even Charlie isn't that badly hurt when he goes against the higher lvl Squirtle. I love Charlie, but I don't know how useful that Metal Claw attack is right now...

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:25:31 PM »

WHOAWHOAWHOA. Sorry to rain on your parade, dude, but that Pikachu's illegal. If you accidentally kill your first-sighted Pokaymanz, that's your problem. You don't get to catch anything for that route. Google if you must. And all of Viridian is the same area. And Mt. Moon is one entire area, so if you try counting each floor as an area you can't. Otherwise I'd have an Aron.

So now I'll play catchup on my story. I've leveled Thor into a Machoke, and even though he's 4 levels lower than Norman's Slaking I should be good because Low Kick has 100 power on them and I'll get STAB and super effective. Should be a one-hit kill, and if not oh well. I'm not as emotionally attached to him for some reason.

Also, at first I was going to avoid the day care and call it off-limits, but I decided that my three-hour Machop grind could also be spent leveling Cleo so she'll learn some decent moves. Googled to make sure other people do it too, and they do. Lazy b******s. >_> I need a new swear word because I keep going back to count my asterisks to make sure I have the correct number.
11/7/10 (EST), The Day It Rained Spam (Miha's 21st Birthday). NEVAR FORGET
Click me, because the actual quote doesn't fit in here.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 12:22:41 AM »

Too bad, my Pikachu counts.

I didn't catch multiple things for Mt. Moon. Just the one Geodude. It's epic for killing Zubats, and took down Lt. Surge by itself.

I was asking if the part beyond Virdian forest counts, or if I have to release Peter.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 12:46:47 AM »

I forget how it's structured.

And you can keep the Pikachu, but I refuse to acknowledge your success if you finish the challenge with it. >_>

I've been biking back to Petalburg for my next gym badge.

EDIT: Norman's toast. Thor handled the first Slaking pretty easily with a 2HKO Low Kick, but the realization that a crit Facade would kill me in one hit spooked me a little. I swapped to my new Swampert who Mud Shot the Vigoroth and sent Thor back out to handle the last Slaking. Fortunately, the retard tried using Focus Punch so I was able to get two free hits and send him packing.

DOUBLE EDIT: CLEO WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY YOU'RE A GODDAMN GYARADOS HOW COULD YOU DIE AGAINST A MAGNEMITE YOU HAD A THREE LEVEL ADVANTAGE I DON'T CARE IF SPARK IS QUAD EFFECTIVE YOU HAVE A BUHMILLION HP GODDAMN YOU SUCK NOW I NEED A NEW POKAYMAN
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:39:19 AM by Hiro »

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:39:17 AM »

I'm navigating Rock Tunnel without the use of Flash, even though I've two pokemon who can use it.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:38 AM »

Lolwut. >_>

Also, I think you might have just missed my second edit.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 01:43:08 AM »

NOT CLEO!

I almost lost Hank. He was down to 3. Woodstock went down to 7 after he got put to sleep by a effing Venonat after being confused, and inflicted 90% of the damage on himself.

I swapped them out for my Charlie and he saved both their butts.

Rickey is currently my strongest, at lvl 28, and Charlie is at 25. But Charlie just fell asleep because of a Bulbasaur, that he killed in his sleep. Literally, he burned the Bulbasaur and it was already in the red when he fell asleep in the first round.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 01:50:24 AM »

You've beaten Surge, I'm assuming. >_>

And I just added Cassie the Marill and Bolt the Electrike. Finally have a good electric type.

Gyarados is redudant, though, I guess. Swampert and Crobat cover both of its types, and I'll get a Flygon.

So I'm thinking my team will be Swampert, Crobat, Bellossom, Flygon, Machoke (no trading) and Manectric.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:00:37 AM by Hiro »

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:03 AM »

Yeah, Rocco took him out. Love Magnitude. I killed his Pikachu with a Magnitude 4.

I like Marill. I'm still in need of a good water. Effing Sandshrews are difficult to fight when you've got a bug, flying, fire, fighting, ground, rock, and electric mix.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 01:57:07 AM »

Should have ensured getting water by picking Squirtle. >_>

Chimchar is the only non-water I've picked on my first playthrough.

I've never started Bulbasaur, Piplup, Turtwig, Tepig, or Snivy.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 02:05:00 AM »

Nah, I'll fish along the route after Lavender Town. I've also got my Finn, so once that's a Gyarados, I'm good.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 02:11:10 AM »

Unless a Magnemite kills it in one hit. >_>

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 02:12:07 AM »

I send Charlie out of them. Fire vs Steel.

hiro

• sup bois
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 02:13:30 AM »

Once he's a Charizard he'll get electrocuted. >_>

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »

Once he's a Charizard, he'll have Flame Thrower and will OHKO all of them like he does right now with ember.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.