Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: The ban for attempted log in is a bit to harsh  (Read 18153 times)

Chaos

• View Profile
The ban for attempted log in is a bit to harsh
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:43:38 AM »

I am just saying that 2 days is a bit much for 3 fails. I mean 1 day should suffice right? A lot of people on this site either have a bunch of alts or other people use their computer.. I mean People are going to mess up their log in, That is plain and simple. I think we need to lower the amount of time of the bans to simply a day. maybe even less. I know they are there to stop cracking programs and such but, A 15 hour ban will work just fine to stop  a cracker 2 days just feels a bit over kill.. Please tell me what you all think.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: The ban for attempted log in is a bit to harsh
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 12:43:05 PM »

I still think it is fine.
I mean, if you have so many alts and that you have an issue remembering, either keep some kind of record, or maybe cut down.
You get your password wrong three times in a row that serves you right, you have 3 chances, and if you can't get it from that then hey, oh well.
I mean sometimes things do happen, and people do make mistakes, but still, the system is there for a rason.

Chaos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »

Your the one who told me to bring it up ice XP your answer is cheating XP

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »

a. I said raise it as discussion, I'm sharing my view which I already shared with you.
b. How is it cheating? I see nothing cheating about it?

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:00:43 AM »

I am the queen of typos.  And as such I think I have been banned three times now for such  graceful key strokes that merit this sort of banning. And yeah, it bites the big one and yeah it is embarassing, but I have always been able to petition and get reactivated before the full term has been served. And then I am a little slower when I type and pay just a bit more attention.

I see no reason to change the length of the banning.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »

You would need 10 failed attempts (quite a few typos).

The ban lasts number-of-failed-tries in hours.

But you have a point, because the ban goes by IP and account tried to access. The last tries in 24h count towards the 10-attempts-limit.

As for this, I lowered the threshold if you fail after 9 tries to 15 minute bans.

This should work out just well enough.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Kotetsu

• Dovahkriid...
    • View Profile
    • Doing anything while listening to this song automatically makes it an epic situation...
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »

I've fallen victim to this before, and petitioned about it, but I was never reactivated early like Kayenta said she was. I had to wait out the entire ban because I made one typo. It turned out that whoever was using my computer before me managed to fail their log in nine times prior to me apparently, no doubt my cousin trying to hack my account. So, needless to say, I was pretty ticked off that I was being punished because of the idiocy of someone else. I think the bans being lowered down to fifteen minutes is a heck of a lot more tolerable than two days, so I'm glad for that, just in case  someone attempts to hack me again.

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:55:23 PM »

I've fallen victim to this before, and petitioned about it, but I was never reactivated early like Kayenta said she was. I had to wait out the entire ban because I made one typo. It turned out that whoever was using my computer before me managed to fail their log in nine times prior to me apparently, no doubt my cousin trying to hack my account. So, needless to say, I was pretty ticked off that I was being punished because of the idiocy of someone else. I think the bans being lowered down to fifteen minutes is a heck of a lot more tolerable than two days, so I'm glad for that, just in case  someone attempts to hack me again.

We do understand that at times, some people might serve the entire temporary ban of about two days.
At the same time, the ban length will not change due to multiple reasons.

As of right now, it is a safety measure that is essential.
Also, the fact that we are lifting those bans for failed login attempts at a reasonable amount of time ensuring members do not serve the entire ban, contributes to why nothing will change.

Do provide us with feedback though as in the future, changes might need to occur.

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 16 queries.