Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Do you want these changes?

Yes, I want changes
- 37 (100%)
No, keep it like this (for the time being)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: November 15, 2011, 02:50:56 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Village Changes / Structure Changes (suggested by IceSlayer)  (Read 20024 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Village Changes / Structure Changes (suggested by IceSlayer)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »

I occasionally do my turns in other villages (usually opposite my alignment), and I am well aware there are probably more. I do however enjoy the extra bio fodder, as I believe the more ANBU I slay, the more evil/good my alignment becomes. But hey, that's just me.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 11:09:59 PM »

Not every event as to be considered for RP you know? Hey everyone I killed Itachi in the forest and stole his eyes, I'm awesome! etc etc.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:16:19 AM »

Simply saying this.

Shinobi Legends isn't a RP site.

Its a game first and a place for RP second. Anything added into the game can be beneficial for roleplay, but the fact remains that SL has been, and will always be, a game, RP is just a sideline you can do when you're tired of leveling for now.

Good, evil. Its makes far more sense than ANBU attacking people just because they're from another village. It would be like hosting the chuunin exams. Shall I become an ANBU and slaughter all the senseis and genin for joining the chuunin exams, for they are visiting? Make logical sense out of this; Suna and Iwa would attack each other on sight, thats because of their history. That is -not- the case for Suna and Konoha. However, to incorporate that into roleplay, you'd have to add in Village Masters/Kages in the actual game itself to change the event of what villages ANBU attack and who they don't. Which is stupid.

Good and Evil is such a more simpler and better means. No fancy coding with village alliances, no silly 'everyone hates everyone' gimmick, if the village is generally good, the ANBU will ward off evil ninja whom would threaten the village, and evil villages would repel the good ninjas that come due to their nature.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:33 AM »

Reimu have you been reading my rants about SL not being an RP site? ^^

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »

I've always known it wasn't a RP site. People just have a nasty habit to get consumed with the RP sideline.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 03:01:42 AM »

Agreed. If you want full on RP, then your best to do that on RP forum of sorts, as SL is made to handle full on RP.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 04:42:17 AM »

Simply saying this.

Shinobi Legends isn't a RP site.

Its a game first and a place for RP second. Anything added into the game can be beneficial for roleplay, but the fact remains that SL has been, and will always be, a game, RP is just a sideline you can do when you're tired of leveling for now.

Good, evil. Its makes far more sense than ANBU attacking people just because they're from another village. It would be like hosting the chuunin exams. Shall I become an ANBU and slaughter all the senseis and genin for joining the chuunin exams, for they are visiting? Make logical sense out of this; Suna and Iwa would attack each other on sight, thats because of their history. That is -not- the case for Suna and Konoha. However, to incorporate that into roleplay, you'd have to add in Village Masters/Kages in the actual game itself to change the event of what villages ANBU attack and who they don't. Which is stupid.

Good and Evil is such a more simpler and better means. No fancy coding with village alliances, no silly 'everyone hates everyone' gimmick, if the village is generally good, the ANBU will ward off evil ninja whom would threaten the village, and evil villages would repel the good ninjas that come due to their nature.

You're just making it sound like the coder(s) are too lazy to change it. >.>
"Good vs Evil is so simple, so let's keep it" >.>

Also in regards to the ANBU, my suggestion is what happens when you are fighting in the forest so your 2nd paragraph doesnt make sense. Bear in mind, RP-wise there are things such as invitations to come in another village that is not your own.

And, what does village alliances even mean in this game? Forgive me, I may have been away for a while but why do are alliances even mentioned ingame if there is no event (correct me, if I'm wrong) relating to them?

Keep in mind, what I am suggesting doesnt even affect me. I'm good and my affiliation is with Konoha so I'm good. I am just speaking for other people that have affiliation to other villages but they have the opposite alignment of those villages. If you dont want to change it, then fine.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:37 AM »

If you dont want to change it, then fine.

You need only have said that; so, will Ichiraku's Ramen be moved to Konohagakure?

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

No, as the 'Inn' of SL, it has too stay in the Capital city.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »

Can an Ichiraku's Ramen be established in Konoha whilst lacking the inn feature, then have the one in the future Land of Iron renamed to The Inn? (Similar to how there's a Merick's Stables and the much more generalized Beasts)

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 12:35:55 PM »

Well it could but currently it's not in Konoha anyway, so I don't think it's necessary, but meh, maybe.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 12:39:11 PM »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »

Well basically everything in the Inn is built into it, so basically if you wanted to make an actual Ichiraku's in Konoha, it'd have to be completely rebuilt.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:15 PM »

You couldn't use the same script and remove the features that would make it less of an inn and more of a restaurant? Apparently the name Ichiraku Ramen is used by a real-life ramen restaurant, whereas Ramen Ichiraku serves as the name for the restaurant within the naruto-universe.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:02 PM »

Personally seems redundant to me. >_>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.