Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Honorary Kekkei Genkai System Idea  (Read 4185 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Honorary Kekkei Genkai System Idea
« on: December 11, 2011, 12:25:13 AM »

A PM I sent someone that inspired me to make this post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yoton in not a KT it is a KG, Jinton is the KT

What I am saying though is that I look at three KGs here that don't really refer to a bloodline triat: Yoton, Jinton, and Mokuton.

Unlike Hyōton that was clearly stated to be passed down to bloodline members of a clan (I think) nature KG or simply having the ability to master 2 elements to the point of creating another.  Which would mean in theory anyone could learn any KG or KT so long as it stays in bound to the elemental alignment they posses. 

Look at Yoton for instance it is shown to be used by several different ninja from different villages and each seems to have a unique way of using the release.  So could it be by using more of one side of the element and less of the other you could create a different substance of the release.

Then we look at Jinton, it was passed down from a master to a student I believe. So therefore it would make sense that anyone possessing the earth, fire, and wind elements could learn the KT.

And last Mokuton. It was only ever used by one person outside of the DNA transplantation. Could it be that Hashirama just mastered the two elements to the point he found a way to combine them? I mean after all his brother was also a master the water element, and the Senju hold no KG or special jutsu but were said to be users of all forms of jutsu and fighting styles.

So is it that unlike KG that are based on Dojutsu that elemental KG can be learned by anyone who has mastered the elements to a certain level.  And one would have to think that many other KG can be invented by combining the elements in different ways with different portions of the elements.   (I would also have to think if this holds true that one who has mastered the  Rinnegan could master all KG and KT, inculuding create more then what is given in the anime/manga… but that would be someone like the SoSP I guess lol )

This rather confuses me because by definition a Kg are supposed to be passed down through bloodline traits.  I am just trying to make head or tails of every detail to full understand how it works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now the reason I joined the forum and posted this was because I want to see how this all works SL wise.  I know that in order to posses the Wood or Ice Release one must have at least one reborn in it to make it valid in official RP.  However, I have noted a rising amount of claims in Kekkei Genkai on SL based on nature releases.  It seems that every blow-joe and his mother want to claim a KG, such as Jinton. 

Outside of the KG that one must get in-game wise to achieve in rp the other are all open game from my understandings.  Therefore in my thoughts there should be an honorary system thought up.  I mean I just don’t see how tons of people can claim all these KG and more than one of them at that. 

I think that much like summon contracts are done that the KG outside of what you can achieve in-game should be held by one person and that person may teach the KG to another if they so wish (similar to how the hold of a contract must let another sign it to be able to summon the creature).  Take Hiraishin for instance it must be taught to another form someone who knows the jutsu and only very, very, very few people in all of SL know the jutsu, and how before Sage Mode was made a reset one had to learn it from a person already possessing the skill.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Honorary Kekkei Genkai System Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »

The way I view it is no, they are still KG, mastery of two elements, doesn't give the ability to combine them, else why hasn't Kakashi, or any other number of nin.
See these nin that have such abilities are rare and far between.

Plus it is noted that Haku's Advanced nature is a Kekkei Genkei, due to the that special factor of combining, so why wouldn't the others be classed the same way? Seems silly to me.

Also the point is made of the different styles of Yoton, how do we not know such differences exist in Hyouton and the others? Just as One nin uses the same Chakra type different to another, so advance chakra times are most likely the same.

And Mokuton, if it was just mastery of the two elements, that wouldn't equal the many people that have taken the First's DNA getting it, take Madara, Danzo, Tenzo etc etc.

Now, as for their status in game, I'm all for people claiming them, I mean, we can't put every single possible KG in the game itself, however, the way I've always see it is, that if a player wants to claim a said KG, they need the resets to back it up.
Say I wanted to claim Yoton, then I would probably reset in Mokuton or Hyouton for in game purposes, however use those Resets to claim Yoton in RP.

Just my thoughts.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:41:15 PM »

I would like to claim every KG ever pl0x.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »

In my thoughts Elemental Kekkei Genkai just don't validate the true definition of a Kekkei Genkai, such as the Sharigan and Byakugan do; The main reason I feel this way is because of Jinton.... I mean there is no evidence of Mu and Onoki being related (however there is no direct stating they are not), the catch is the Onoki was Mu's student and Onoki clearly stated the 'secrets' to the technique were passed on to him. To me that makes it sound like with proper training from one who has mastered the skill any student could learn it (if they were skilled enough).  Also, this makes my ask if Jinton can be taught to a student is it possible the Hashirama could have taught Mokuton to another.

Now, as for their status in game, I'm all for people claiming them, I mean, we can't put every single possible KG in the game itself, however, the way I've always see it is, that if a player wants to claim a said KG, they need the resets to back it up.
Say I wanted to claim Yoton, then I would probably reset in Mokuton or Hyouton for in game purposes, however use those Resets to claim Yoton in RP.

That makes sense, but in my opinion only one elemental KG should be claimed by a person (with the exception to a person who has a elemental KG reset and a biju that allows them to use another elemental KG).   I mean is it just me or are there a growing amount of people claiming like up to 3 KG, ruling out the in-game KG.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:56:12 PM »

Dojutsu and Elemental are just different types of KG.

You can't say they are not, for there is absolutely NO evidence for claims that they aren't, where is there is many times it has been stated they are. Such as the Jutsu not being given a rank in databooks, been stated they are KG, no one being able to copy them, being very rare, and the list goes on and on. You can't ignore the FACTS.

Now Jinton is something different, and we haven't received any clear explanation on how it works, is passed on etc, so you can't base anything off that, and anyway, it's too over powered for RP in my opinion.

Anyway, there are too many people claiming extra KG etc on SL, in my opinion, one reset stack per claimed KG is fair... but I still think the KG systems has screwed over any chance of fair RP, and two should be the absolute max any one could have obtained, is it is the most seen in the Manga... mostly... but it is extremely rare, and usually comes at a cost, which one one RPs either.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 12:11:38 AM »

notes if he could level faster he would most likely be guilty of stacking more then two in -game kg  :D... but he can not *sigh*

I can understand if you claim sharigan, mokuton, 8 gates, and sage mode cause I say if you can get them in-game you have earned the right to use them all rp wise.... I mean this is SL, where the players of OP and the women come cheap  :smt040

I just don't understand why people want to claim a dojutsu, and then like 3 more kg such as swift release (which is god-modish cause it is like saying you can touch me at close range), boil release, lava release, steel release, ect.

I mean really it is like Jiraiya said, "...it isn't the number of techniques you possess....". Having a ton of KG isn't gonna make you any stronger. 

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:04:03 AM »

Yep, just makes you annoying if you RP with 20 KGs, hence why I went back to just one.

I may do Yoton for Ice one day, backing it up with KGs when I reset again, plus I'd obtain it in RP, not just make it magically appear like so many do.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »

*Sips some tea. Ssssssiiiiiiiiipppppp*

Hm? Something about Sharingan Mokuton Sage Mode and Gates~?

Personally you'll rarely if ever see me use Gates in RP, and rarely Sage Mode as well in Zones. Sharingan and Shintou Seirei will be what I keep to.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »

notes if he could level faster he would most likely be guilty of stacking more then two in -game kg  :D... but he can not *sigh*

I can understand if you claim sharigan, mokuton, 8 gates, and sage mode cause I say if you can get them in-game you have earned the right to use them all rp wise.... I mean this is SL, where the players of OP and the women come cheap  :smt040

I just don't understand why people want to claim a dojutsu, and then like 3 more kg such as swift release (which is god-modish cause it is like saying you can touch me at close range), boil release, lava release, steel release, ect.

I mean really it is like Jiraiya said, "...it isn't the number of techniques you possess....". Having a ton of KG isn't gonna make you any stronger. 

I've honestly only seen a few who claim their in-game KG and then like three others. Others do like I do. I claim Sharingan via in-game, Magnetisim, and then I'll claim Mokuton later on when I obtain it in the forest. Nothing else. The other stuff I use is just advanced elements or special techniques, such as Sage Mode.

Edit: Also, others also just don't claim any.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 11:52:38 PM by Nathan Stamper »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 07:06:33 AM »

I am just saying I note it more often then I use to.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »

Not everyone can assume a solid build of RP, etc.

I mean, the vast majority of players, at the moment something new spawns from the manga, play claims to it all and try to legitimize themselves without any sort of back-up. Likewise, the vast majority of SL-peeps find themselves prone to either stealing jutsu from others, or claiming something already made and dubbing themselves "masters" (sometimes on multiple occasions).

Like myself, there are the handful of people who have set grounds for themselves as solidified RP'ers via showing note of their proficiency in an art of combat; whether it be canon or not: notice those who are regarded as great zone-rs are those who are known for using something.

Jinzo (Shadow manipulation), Zenaku (Sealing), Tetsujin (Lava), etc., etc. Just some quick names that can help build the idea.

As far as the entirety of regulation of a sort of thing (IE Sage Mode, Jinton, Shenanigan no Jutsu), it cannot be done. Simply said: There's no way to do so, nor is there a right. Just as you mentioned there are multiple people assuming the same sort of releases in-show, there's the same thing that can be said that multiple forms of the same type of jutsu can be made -- needless to say, it just seems immature to try to set a standard on how people can/will RP on an RP-SITE. If you do not like people like that: avoid them.

#2cents.

P.S.: I may have strayed from the original topic, but, I typed this from my phone so bare with me -- it took me a while.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:39 PM »

Like I have mentioned before, SL isn't an "RP" site, it's a game first and for most.
It doesn't have a capacity regulate RP like an RP form.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »

Actually the most number of KGs we have seen in a person is 3. Madara has Sharingan, Rinnegan, and Mokuton.
Gates and Sage Mode are things that can be acquired through hard training.
So technically, I have only two REAL KGs that are Sharingan and Mokuton, which I always use in the zones. Gates and Sage Mode I use rarely since they are OP in their own and should be used for special occassions, no? xD

Also I agree with Uetto. It's not the number of KGs that you possess that makes you strong but how efficient you are in using each of them imo.

Also in regards to Jinton, here's something to look at: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/525/16
It is a KG first, since it is form from combining multiple elements together. And who knows, maybe some KGs can be taught to others through rigorous training.
http://www.mangareader.net/93-321-7/naruto/chapter-316.html
However it's not easy, however we have seen more ppl with Mokuton. Actually, the only elemental KG where they are multiple users outside relation of, is Yoton, that's it. >.>

But overall, we all agree that to claim a KG that exists in-game, you need to have the reset(s) in that said KG to verify your claim. It doesnt matter if you "train" for it, you still need the resets.

And I think having KGs build character. If you can utilize all those KGs effectively in RP, more power to you. ^^

In response to Uetto's original post in regards to Hirashin no jutsu. I personally think no one should have that tech.
Tommi claimed that (and rasengan) because he modeled himself after the 4th Hokage, which I think was wrong. Because if someone modeled himself after Sasuke, does that mean we should allow that person to have MS or even EMS when the person doesnt even have the resets in Uchiha KG? >.>

I would assume the pre-requisite for claiming that would be an advanced knowledge in fuinjutsu since it requires making a seal.
Then look at this: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/562/12
So even when taught to others, it took 3 people (of Hokage's royal guards, which mean they are strong shinobis) to perform the technique. >.>

Anyways, can KGs be taught to others? So far, we know Jinton may possibly be able to (but then again it's too OP to be used in zones anyway) and maybe Yoton too. Everything else, I dont think so. >.>

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

You know, nowhere does it say Onoki was taught Jinton... it only says passed down. In my mind, makes it sound like the relation thing being passed down from generation, to generation. Isn't it common for the Kage lines to be related? And if Mu was you're Father/whatever, I can't imagine him to be much of a, Hey that my Dad! More of a Master instead.

And that link about Mokuton you just posted, if you read the next page Kakashi clearly states, THIS IS A KG.

And anyway, I see nothing to support the claim Yoton can be taught. Where is this evidence? Please enlighten me.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 01:04:57 AM »

You usually wont call your father, your master. And they dont even look related. >.>
You see word(s) "master", "student", and "passed down". Put them together and it's goes like this: Master passed down ___ to student. >.>

In regards to the Mokuton, I know it's a KG. And there was a typo in my post. I meant to say "We have seen more people with Yoton than any other KG." And the link is just to show that elemental combinations are a form of KG.

In regards to Yoton, we have seen 5 un-related people use it so far. Usually when you think of a KG, you think of rarity and/or residing in a clan. Having only 5 ppl with Yoton is still rare but we usually dont see more than 1 person with the same KG unless they are in the same clan or something. I mean, we have people from Kirigakure, Kumogakure and Iwagakure, capable in using Yoton. >.>
Maybe these people are just naturally gifted but when you see diversity like that, the possibility may be there. However, I'm not saying it's definite.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.