Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15253 times)

Mei

• View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2012, 10:48:07 PM »

I am just chilling, Zen. I don't know why Reimu even took it to that level. Did I call her names? Nope. Not even going to respond to her post either.

I am just saying that I disagree with the "90 percent" she claims to be lazy dkers who only RP.

It's like Mihazi said, it takes 5-15 min to do turns and it eventually becomes routine. RP takes longer than that, sometimes hours. So that is why I prefer DKing over RPing most of the time.

And that's probably the main reason I find it hard to believe in Reimu's "90% or more" claim. Like I frown on it.

The GM's ability would make the RP more professional and it would be nice if we can all have that ability. It's like "All or Nothing" for me because I feel down the road, these GMs won't be as active as they once were at the start.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:49:54 PM by Mei »

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »

Snobby? Yes, I suppose it can be looked as that, can't it. But y'know what? I don't claim to have four KGs. I claim to have two, Sharingan and Shintou Seirei, because my other reborns are used for a custom one, something that alot of people in SL lack. Individuality.

I'm not ignorant enough to claim DKs are everything for roleplay. DKs don't even have anything to do with it as much as I hate to acknowledge it. But y'know what? I'd at least like to see something with a legit sharingan title before they claim to have eternal mangekyo like damn near everyone that has it in the first place claims to have it.

I would also describe it as being insultingly blunt.
Even so, I do agree with the points you're trying to make. Just not the way you said it.
You seem frustrated. My assumption.

That's good that you "limit" yourself. Most people wouldn't cause it makes them either less competitive or detracts from their "fantasy".
In your case, you're balancing both by sacrificing one for the other. Which is acceptable to me.
Hell, if Sharingan turns into Rinnegan, I could RP that I have Byakugan/Sharingan/Rinnegan, but I know that's absurd. I would just stick with Byakugan because I don't want Rinnegan in RP because I consider it OP. I wouldn't mind Sharingan as much if there weren't so many people using it and OPing themselves with Mangekyo Sharingan.

It's like when I think about Yu-Gi-Oh cards (LOL). There's standard rules and tournament rules. Certain cards are banned from tournament games because they are so Game Breaking that everyone would be using them. How boring would it be to face the same deck of cards again and again?

It's like when I think about Pokemon games (LOL). There are different "tiers" for Pokemon. Too make it more interesting, let's stay away from the Uber tier. Not that the Uber tier is bad, just that it has less variety of useful pokemon to use.

What I am trying to say I guess is everyone picks the same things to be the best, but that creates less "individuality".

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2012, 12:05:09 AM »

Snobby? Yes, I suppose it can be looked as that, can't it. But y'know what? I don't claim to have four KGs. I claim to have two, Sharingan and Shintou Seirei, because my other reborns are used for a custom one, something that alot of people in SL lack. Individuality.

I'm not ignorant enough to claim DKs are everything for roleplay. DKs don't even have anything to do with it as much as I hate to acknowledge it. But y'know what? I'd at least like to see something with a legit sharingan title before they claim to have eternal mangekyo like damn near everyone that has it in the first place claims to have it.

I would also describe it as being insultingly blunt.
Even so, I do agree with the points you're trying to make. Just not the way you said it.
You seem frustrated. My assumption.

That's good that you "limit" yourself. Most people wouldn't cause it makes them either less competitive or detracts from their "fantasy".
In your case, you're balancing both by sacrificing one for the other. Which is acceptable to me.
Hell, if Sharingan turns into Rinnegan, I could RP that I have Byakugan/Sharingan/Rinnegan, but I know that's absurd. I would just stick with Byakugan because I don't want Rinnegan in RP because I consider it OP. I wouldn't mind Sharingan as much if there weren't so many people using it and OPing themselves with Mangekyo Sharingan.

It's like when I think about Yu-Gi-Oh cards (LOL). There's standard rules and tournament rules. Certain cards are banned from tournament games because they are so Game Breaking that everyone would be using them. How boring would it be to face the same deck of cards again and again?

It's like when I think about Pokemon games (LOL). There are different "tiers" for Pokemon. Too make it more interesting, let's stay away from the Uber tier. Not that the Uber tier is bad, just that it has less variety of useful pokemon to use.

What I am trying to say I guess is everyone picks the same things to be the best, but that creates less "individuality".

I couldn't have said it better myself, now if people are gonna start bickering like children about something so childish as the general role play in Shinobi Legends, I'll just locked this thread.
I have quite a suggestion to improve the roleplay within the game, except making more "GM" which I don't think we need anymore to be quite honest...I say how about a Fighting Zone specifically for the rebourned users?
I am sure most of you reborned users will be improved on general roleplay before you head out within these "zones" to test your mettle with others.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2012, 05:36:07 AM »

Just lock it. This will keep going on and on until everyone has scratched and torn each viewpoint to shreds and then start over again.

All we need to do is work together and move along.

If that doesn't work, there are plenty of players out there!

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »

Actually, I hear that one would need both the Uchiha KG AND the Rinnegan KG ingame to actually claim the transition between such. Like before Madara proved that Sharingan can transition to Rinnegan, the general public said that you can one Sharingan eye and one Rinnegan eye. Now we dont know the secret to such transition and yet people are claiming such. I dislike the whole thing.
It's no different when people claim to learn Scorch Release, yet we dont really know much about it. >.>

I think KGs help build character. It's like a new level of growth to me.  I hear what you are saying with people abusing MS but I believe we have seen enough ways to counter its techniques imo.

I use to play Yugioh in real life a few years back and I have some experience with Pokemon TCG via video game. I dont think it's fair to compare TCGs to KGs when TCGs have a much larger sense of versatility because they have more cards, more choices. Especially when you have the option to change your deck more easily (imo) whereas if you want a different set of KGs, you have to start all over with a new account. >.>

It sounds like you want a 'room' where KGs arent allowed and the participants can only use their original abilities that they developed for their character, maybe?

However, although TCGs have more versatility that doesnt mean they any more "individualism" than the KGs ppl pick. When I was active in Yugioh, most of tournament winners, like top 20, would have the same theme/deck with a few cards difference. I mean, isnt natural that you want to be the best, that you want to win?

There are people that play the game to win or to have fun, sometimes you cant have both.
The themes we have for KGs are limited. I cant say I have the best set of KGs but I like it. I always have fun using it because it's suits my playing style in the forest. I love buffs and I love dealing high physical  damage. And I cant deal high damage without buffs, so I pick the KGs best suited for that. Sharingan, Gates, Mokuton, and Sage Mode. If you want high overall damage, you may want to switch Gates and Sage Mode with Kaguya and Rinnegan.

You see what I am getting at? It's limited imo. There are themes I can come up with involving KGs and you may have an idea what set would be the best for: High Physical Dmg, High Overall Damage, Multi-hit, Defensive, Chakra gain/conservation, Buffer, Long lasting attacks, etc.

That's for the forest. In terms of RP, some people dont use their KGs that much or they dont use them efficiently. Imagination is good but some people need to understand what their KGs do and dont do. -_-

I couldn't have said it better myself, now if people are gonna start bickering like children about something so childish as the general role play in Shinobi Legends, I'll just locked this thread.
I have quite a suggestion to improve the roleplay within the game, except making more "GM" which I don't think we need anymore to be quite honest...I say how about a Fighting Zone specifically for the rebourned users?
I am sure most of you reborned users will be improved on general roleplay before you head out within these "zones" to test your mettle with others.

I think someone posted that idea before. But I think we have enough fighting zones. We do have sannin-level and hokage-level that some people dont use. And wouldnt that feel like giving reborn members 'special treatment'? Having our own fighting zone and all. imo.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:00:31 AM by Mei »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

I don't see why people think claiming things from the forest is bad. I mean, depending on what you pick, half of them aren't KG. Sharingan, Rinnegan, Bykugan, and Kaguya are the only KG. Mokuton and Ice are elemental KG and Sage Mode and Gates are special abilities. Any who, as for the whole individuality thing with Sharingan and whatnot, I think the people should be left alone. I mean, this is the same as the demon thing. As long as the person is claiming they're invincible or, in this case, something the eye can't do, then leave 'em alone.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:08 PM »

Ok as this is all getting out of hand i'll turn attention back to Raifudo's initial comment about GM's. This is what we'd like to call a "loose RP site" Which is to say that there isn't anything exactly in concrete but more a majority rules type situation which isn't fair to everyone.  Can anybody keep RP's going with their regular accounts? Absolutely. But why should they be forced to do so when we have active capable people on SL right now? In light of what Neji has already stated i intend to keep doing the best i can to help people resolve RP issues when i'm called to do so as well as i'm sure Kay, Raifudo and anyone else will. We're all players here so let us just enjoy ourselves and play the game. If you have a problem with something someone is claiming then merely discuss it before you take it to the zones and decide if you want to proceed from there. There's no reason to turn this all into a heated debate. Let's relax

Why so serious?
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38:41 PM »

Zenaku. Towards the statement of GMs. And I have brownies right now so I'm a very happy Reimu that should be patted and loved tenderly.

Yes yes, anyone can RP at any time. Regular accounts can keep an RP going. Now my issue comes to what you said about that; why should they. You see, its a catch 22; you say why should X keep an RP going when we have X, X and X can. Well why should X #2 do it when we have X #1, 3, and 4? Now I don't want to be antagonist, but I don't... see... the point of a Game Master. I mean Kay does a brilliant job at it. ... I think. But really, aren't the players doing good enough of a job making things happen? Sure Game Masters won't hurt, but I don't see why they're needed.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »

Zenaku. Towards the statement of GMs. And I have brownies right now so I'm a very happy Reimu that should be patted and loved tenderly.

Yes yes, anyone can RP at any time. Regular accounts can keep an RP going. Now my issue comes to what you said about that; why should they. You see, its a catch 22; you say why should X keep an RP going when we have X, X and X can. Well why should X #2 do it when we have X #1, 3, and 4? Now I don't want to be antagonist, but I don't... see... the point of a Game Master. I mean Kay does a brilliant job at it. ... I think. But really, aren't the players doing good enough of a job making things happen? Sure Game Masters won't hurt, but I don't see why they're needed.

Agreed. They aren't needed but i'd prefer the logic of it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them. Whatever the case, Neji has already spoken so any further comment from here on out will merely be dust in the wind.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.