Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15163 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Actual GMs, please.
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:25:52 AM »

Doesn't even need to be one for each village or anything like that; just people who can be called on as "Referees" to settle a debate going on. Yeah, really, they're wanted.

At this point in time, the lack of "acknowledged individuals" we have is based off of their reputation. Although they're respectable in their verdicts, as they're held unbiased and with valid points, the majority of folks appreciate a comfort in a staff member directing them.

Likewise, GMs hold the abilities to remove needless and interrupting Out Of Character posts.

Synopsis of what's been discussed so far:

>> Gms Wanted.
>> Unbiased preferably.
>> Capable of deleting useless posts.
>> Active.
>> Current mods are inactive in RP (save for Kayenta).
>> No Kage GMs through preferences.

(Might be missing some, but these are the highlights).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:38:51 AM by RaifudoMakashi »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 06:12:55 AM »

Rai, you of all people should know to use the search function, and see that this topic has been bought up before.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »

Just about every question we have asked has been asked; 'sides, search bar is for squares. I also understand that Neji will proclaim time to make GMs or mods and such happen and release the questionnaire/etc that he does. Regardless of that known to me, we can't really decide to wait until Neji -our overlord who does not RP- sees it time to make it happen. We already have a few potential candidates and moderators to read over their submissions.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 04:55:15 AM »

I personally see no need for it, but what can I say? I'm not even a member of SL anymore.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »

You personally say so because you do not indulge yourself in the RP people do. I've witnessed the mass chaos of OOC-fests during a potential RP-heavy time.

In all simplicity, the need for GMs relies mostly on authority; having the title, and listing on the staff page, of being devoted for RP gives players an insurance that what they say is held on a positive notion for the good of RP. Mind you, a good sum of players, at this moment, have a respectable reputation capable of acknowledgement in what they say as being unbiased and settling.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 12:42:10 AM by RaifudoMakashi »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:03:29 AM »

I used to take part.

Anyway, it's all play based, you said yourself you have people the do it as is, take care of it yourselves.

You don't need an offical title or anything to do it, RP is player based, the RP Kages etc don't have staff position. So stop seeking for more power Rai, be happy with what you have.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »

Am I asking for staff position? No.

Am I asking for kages to be gms? No.

I am asking, so read carefully, for GAME MODERATORS to actually do their job. Every GM we've had, as far as I can recall, has been a bump with no promising efforts in what they've done. I'm asking that we have people who can referee things as well as delete posts (OOC-Walls, etc.) that lack relevance mid-combat of something that includes multiple people. Once OOC begins, it does not end, truly. The only thing that ends is the RP at hand.

And, yes, I did say there are people who referee things. I am one of the people who gets asked to do so frequently. It doesn't mean I can remove posts of OOC, etc. that interrupt an individual's or a group's efforts in trying to progress in something they want.

Likewise, how the hell are you one to tell me to "stop seeking power"? I've given up my titles and my boons -- hell, I gave up RP as a WHOLE to devote my time to helping others in the things they need to do and to have another chapter of this game progress. If anything, YOU'RE the one who should hold your tongue on that subject since you had to ask Neji to change your rebirths because you weren't "happy with what you have (had, in this case)" and couldn't do anything on your own to change it. And, now, you're still not happy with what you have because you're neglecting the rebirths he changed for you.

I've had handfuls of persons tell me game masters are wanted or that I should jump for game master at any given chance -- I'm not even looking to be a game master at this point as I'm more focused on having ANYONE that can comprehend literature and the basics of zoning to step up and take the reigns for helping others.

But, as you said:
but what can I say? I'm not even a member of SL anymore.

and let others speak what they want without your negativity and nonsensical dribbling onto here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:24:55 AM by RaifudoMakashi »

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:18:58 AM »

Thank you for reminding me why I left Rai, you were one of the reasons I left, but it will be you who suffers in the end. Goodbye. ^^

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:21:42 AM »

and let others speak what they want without your negativity and nonsensical dribbling onto here.

Oi, learn to read, mate. Your pitiful threats and cheap attempts at striking where it hurts really doesn't mean much here.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:41:21 AM »

I'm feeling a little tention here. Regardless, I would have to concur with Rai on this matter. The only time a GM ever does anything is when it's Petition related. Many people have been bugging for RP to happen, and when it does, well, you know what it turns into. And regardless of what Ice says, I believe the current kages becoming GMs would be better. They have been chosen as Kage for a reason. And even if this is a game, they were chosen because people trsut in them and their abilties.

An example of this would be Kayente. She was only made a Modfor the duration of the Chunin examines, and since shes been a Mod, she has done a fine job with RP and keeping as much OOC as she can out of Suna. In the end, it's up to Neji, but I still believe that Kage GMs would be beneficial for all, especially since they're on more than the mods we have now and are involved in actual RP themselves.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »

I also concur with Rai on his premise that a GM for RP is needed.

However, I do not concur with Solo Iori on the basis that they should be the Kage.
In all fairness, the title of Kage is supposed to be passed on. Furthermore, the Kage are immersed in RP themselves; it is hard to be impartial when you, or an ally of you, is requiring assistance with an OOC wall.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 06:49:27 AM »

Who would you suggest then? No matter who you pick, they're always going to be a little bias, no matter how unbias they claim to be. They're always going to put in a little more effort for the person they know.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 06:51:55 AM »

The reason I do not advocate Kage-Gms is the fact they will need to be changed once the title is passed on. We can't really have that; besides, assume the fact that some candidates for kage-ship aren't necessarily good ones: we just put someone unreliable in charge.

GMs should be promoted through their hard work, dedication and their reputation for unbiased affairs and their helpful contributions.

@ Solo: That's not all that true, really. Take Zenaku and, without this being a sort of advertisement, myself: We didn't care that Bocchiere was a jinchuuriki of Kumogakure, we still sided with Mangetsu in their fight because he had successfully outwit Bocc. We didn't try to play the claim game and attempt to do anything that could mean Mangetsu's legitimate move would be ignored.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:53:18 AM by RaifudoMakashi »

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:50 AM »

Game Master remind me of the actual roleplay games,the pen and paper ones.
The Games are leaded by the Game Master ,also called dungeon Master. The GM is leading the game,knows the rules and keeps OOc out of the game. The GM also gives a small plot.

Here on Sl we could really need GM. Not only those lazy Gm who only say a word when we PM them,Gms that actually roleplay with us.Gm that KNOW the rules ,GMs that can remove OOc and prevent it. Yes Kayenta is doing a good job,as she is roleplaying as well as encouraging others to roleplay.

But if you ask me,we got another little problem. SL has no real rules for RP,does it? Everything seems allowed,but few will simply not acknowlendge that SL is a mixed up RP/forest-site.

The GMs shouldn't be only Kage...this is just a rank and later on a title in the rp-part.
Everyone could be GM,maybe pick out those who roleplay alot,as well as those who were on the site for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.Take those with experience and those who have actual fun when it comes to roleplaying and not forest-killing.

It needs a bit...more structure.A plot would be fine.

The Eleventh Doctor

• Humany Womany
    • View Profile
    • http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 07:08:55 AM »

I like the thought of having actual GMs that do more than say a few things in PM, as earlier stated. The thought of GMs that Roleplay with us and keep peace is nice.. They could set rules to be followed so that people can be nice to one another and not troll as people do in HQ often. There is no reason for rudeness, SL is a great game and there should be more people there to keep peace. I believe at times, OOC is a good thing.. But in clan halls or in PM. In actually villages it should be strictly in character RPing.

GMs, there should be multiple people trained to know what is correct and what is wrong so that we can have a smooth flowing RP enviroment. When people come in and in the middle of a RP fight or a RP and start talking about.. "Skyrim" or something of the sort. It causes irritation within the RPing community at times. Like I said, OOC is okay, but keep it to.. Pm or in clanhalls. Something along those lines.

This is only my opinion. But I agree with this thread. Thank you.
Check out my SL avi edits
http://shinobilegendedits.webs.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.