Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15723 times)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »

Vote Asadi.  :cool:

I hear he's a cool foo'. xD

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »

Always votes for Asadi.

At any rate, as people who were on SLS can tell you, I hate a rule heavy site.

I am against post deletion save by mods for breaking site rules.

Not that long ago we, the RPers, were the intruders in the public village settings and told to go find a 'room' ...ie: zone, to duke it out in as fighting was not allowed. I had more that one lengthy RP posting wall called spam and TOLD to can it.

I like the helpful sprite thing.

you know a lot of times if someone has something to react to, they will engage in RP. But it is no fun posting alone or in a world that is very black and white.

Sometimes you have to paint a picture before others can see what is there.

And on a personal note, it would SERIOUSLY undermine my fun as a GM, if I was given any sort of authority.

I prefer to think of a GM/DM as a guide. and would hate to see them just become another moderator.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:31 PM »

So what you're basically saying is Kay-Kay, is that you want to be a Head Admin with all kinds of responsibility and junk and no fun at all for the rest of your life?

But in all seriousness, I don't see the personal flaw in having one or two more GMs there to just benefit roleplay and guide people, as Kay-Kay says. Leave the problem-solving to moderators.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

Well, judging from what Neji just said, this idea is somewhat scraped. The best it seems we can do is simply vote on a few new GMs and deal with OOC when it occurs. I don't know, but it sounds better than what we currently have.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:38 AM »

...Seeeeems soo..and voting for Asadi would result in alot of streaking!

eew not on my birthday pleaaase XD

Hmmm...yeah let's nominate people,make lists?
I have too less experience i have no clue who is online ,active and would be a good guide/GM.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:20 AM »

I have to vote

Kay
Rai
Mangetsu
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »

Okay.

So GM = narrative RP guide

@Solo: I'm confused in why you keep saying "Kay, Rai, and Mangetsu" when I only see Kay, out of the 3, actively RP. >.>

Like Neji said, "GMs can enrich play as they have one unique ability: To post without a name, i.e. describing the surroundings. That is mostly used for events or simply as a means to put some atmosphere into SL."

And say some ppl are assigned GM-status, the problem will always be...Will they stay active? >.>

Wouldnt be easier if you (Neji) assign a 'symbol' that can allow us to post without our name appearing such as '*' (asterisk)

Example:
Senju, Mei :`*The two comrades entered the cave and what they see is something they can only dream of. The cave was stocked with treasure chests, with gold and jewelry inside. However they see a somebody on the chair, sleeping. The person was a human with elf ears, wearing a plate of armor and had a sword on each side of his waist. Clearly he was suppose to guard the treasure but fell asleep.

The two comrades entered the cave and what they see is something they can only dream of. The cave was stocked with treasure chests, with gold and jewelry inside. However they see a somebody on the chair, sleeping. The person was a human with elf ears, wearing a plate of armor and had a sword on each side of his waist. Clearly he was suppose to guard the treasure but fell asleep.

Something like that and please, no bashing on my narrative skills. =P
At least that way, anyone can be a 'GM', however perhaps set a dk limit, so newbies dont abuse it. >.>
I mean, it would suck if you have a nice RP idea and you have to rely it to the GM and wait for the GM to get it started as well. >.>
You only need imagination/creativity to set a RP in motion and a few people who's willing to join you.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:40 AM »

Okay.

So GM = narrative RP guide

@Solo: I'm confused in why you keep saying "Kay, Rai, and Mangetsu" when I only see Kay, out of the 3, actively RP. >.>

Like Neji said, "GMs can enrich play as they have one unique ability: To post without a name, i.e. describing the surroundings. That is mostly used for events or simply as a means to put some atmosphere into SL."

And say some ppl are assigned GM-status, the problem will always be...Will they stay active? >.>

Wouldnt be easier if you (Neji) assign a 'symbol' that can allow us to post without our name appearing such as '*' (asterisk)

Example:
Senju, Mei :`*The two comrades entered the cave and what they see is something they can only dream of. The cave was stocked with treasure chests, with gold and jewelry inside. However they see a somebody on the chair, sleeping. The person was a human with elf ears, wearing a plate of armor and had a sword on each side of his waist. Clearly he was suppose to guard the treasure but fell asleep.

The two comrades entered the cave and what they see is something they can only dream of. The cave was stocked with treasure chests, with gold and jewelry inside. However they see a somebody on the chair, sleeping. The person was a human with elf ears, wearing a plate of armor and had a sword on each side of his waist. Clearly he was suppose to guard the treasure but fell asleep.

Something like that and please, no bashing on my narrative skills. =P
At least that way, anyone can be a 'GM', however perhaps set a dk limit, so newbies dont abuse it. >.>
I mean, it would suck if you have a nice RP idea and you have to rely it to the GM and wait for the GM to get it started as well. >.>
You only need imagination/creativity to set a RP in motion and a few people who's willing to join you.

As for the 'feature', the position of 'game-master' would possess very little significance and power (in that they can freely post without revealing their name) and also reduce the quantity of 'pro''s of being a moderator by one. It may seem like a hassle, and appear rather ugly as well, but you could place a symbol or something that can distinguish your character's action(s) from that of an NPC party/environment (i.e. <NPC>, }, |, ~ (Note that I'm not very creative)).

As for the DK limit... well really all that represents is the dedication the player (/character) possesses towards the site, although that doesn't necessarily reflect off of certain fields of adroitness (shall we call it) such as overall knowledge of how the Naruto-Universe operates (right down to the most intricate detail (if that's even possible (maybe not so much...))) or their literacy skills. But anyway, I would recommend that those who're broadly respected across SL's role-play community for possessing the aforementioned 'abilities' to become GM's, if of course they have the time to spare.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:15 PM »

...Seeeeems soo..and voting for Asadi would result in alot of streaking!

eew not on my birthday pleaaase XD

Hmmm...yeah let's nominate people,make lists?
I have too less experience i have no clue who is online ,active and would be a good guide/GM.

Actually, streaking merely breaks some of the monotony on the boards and causes people to post. That aside, I do have a serious that does draw people in. Ask Moenkopi, Raijin, etc. And, on a side note: I was trying to work with Neji on events for the game before we lost the topic on hand.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:39 AM »

Asadi I ONLY act like i dislike this randomness..sometimes i love it when you break the silence with what ever Randomness you got. XD
ALso..i think i know that you can be stern.noticed that before when pming you...i am not that stupid :P

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »

Asadi is serious 24/7 bro. Especially when he streaks.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »

So, essentially, now, there's a butting of heads of what I want and what people think I want:

Want: Narrative abilities + allowance of removing unneeded posts.

-- Cannot be granted. GM's possess the narrative skills and Mods possess the editing; combining the two isn't something that can/will happen.

Okay with: GM abilities for narrative skills.

-- Kind of "and?"'d due to the explanation that public places, villages, etc. are, well, public and they aren't damned to be cluttered with only (!) RP. The result of such is the inability to, by context, petition to have anyone's posts removed that were not RP-related. That said, our only - actual - lenience lies in dwellings or private/public zones.

Moonfire

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »

I myself believe that the narrative abillity is cool enough. The removing of unwanted OOC is not needed. But..then we have to think of a way to take the fights to zones.Especialy at war times.I could maybe..have an idea.
Everyone ever looked closely on a chess board? The King is the 'most important yet also laziest' figure of the game. The King is only a leader who gives commands...a Kage is simmliar to the King.
then we got the pawns...which could be..NPC/normal guards. And the more important figures could be..higher ranked Shinobi.I am not saying,let's play chess to solve the fights now XD

But we could well..choose the 'figures' like Attackers and defenders,then each tries to somehow kill the defender or Attackers..kidnapping works too! Is one party down,then well...you can advance to the King..means..attack or..maybe just talk?
Or poison him?It depends on Situation...It is just an idea...Those random un-organized wars fill up the rps far too often xD And they are NOT thought trough XD

Sl is turning into a RP site...maybe rules should be more..rp like?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »

Is there anything particularly wrong with having fights displayed in a village's commentary area? I for one, find it very convenient.

That's already been addressed and denied; if rules restricting how one RP's are made, they'll be done so on a separate site, SL simply will not accommodate them.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2012, 06:18:45 AM »

I myself believe that the narrative abillity is cool enough. The removing of unwanted OOC is not needed. But..then we have to think of a way to take the fights to zones.Especialy at war times.I could maybe..have an idea.
Everyone ever looked closely on a chess board? The King is the 'most important yet also laziest' figure of the game. The King is only a leader who gives commands...a Kage is simmliar to the King.
then we got the pawns...which could be..NPC/normal guards. And the more important figures could be..higher ranked Shinobi.I am not saying,let's play chess to solve the fights now XD

But we could well..choose the 'figures' like Attackers and defenders,then each tries to somehow kill the defender or Attackers..kidnapping works too! Is one party down,then well...you can advance to the King..means..attack or..maybe just talk?
Or poison him?It depends on Situation...It is just an idea...Those random un-organized wars fill up the rps far too often xD And they are NOT thought trough XD

No, no, no, and no.

Restrictions stifle creativity of the young budding roleplayers and constrict the grizzled experienced ones. You may generalize something within the world. Let's see... an example they already have in the F.A.Q. is about overpowered younglings using a Jounin to Bijuu level attack. So, needless to say, if you are to do something more of a wide scale, talk it out before rushing headlong into the battlefield.

So many ideas and bullheadedness bog down and ruin it all. And, sadly it takes someone saying 'KNOCK IT OFF!' and bashing a few heads to get 'experts' to see sense in things.

No matter who you have as a GM or Mod, this will happen and kill the mood instantly. Until people can put aside their views and belief of 'expert' we'll have the "Snake eating its tail" effect. And, it'll recycle over and over again. We see it happen all the time. Whoop.

When it comes down to it, we don't need a GM or a Mod to fix things; We need people to fix themselves.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.