Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Actual GMs, please.  (Read 15533 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Actual GMs, please.
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »

When it comes down to it, we don't need a GM or a Mod to fix things; We need people to fix themselves.

Agreed. We simply need better RP'ers, 'nuff said.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »

When it comes down to it, we don't need a GM or a Mod to fix things; We need people to fix themselves.

Amen, brotha!! o.o

Raijinthelightning

• Yondaime Kazekage
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »

Game masters are not around to control how people roleplay. They are given the ability to create roleplay and keep the boards active. Shinobilegends may be a gaming site, but given the fact that roleplay has been so largely integrated, it is now important as well. Take a look at all of the editing that is being done in the test servers (i.e. New Villages). This for RP. You may hear the mods say that SL is not a RP site, but they are not telling you that they do not care. They are telling you that they are not responsible for what happens in RP. The role players are the ones who manage RP and the mods, aside from actual gaming needs, are only meant to keep it clean and safe for an audience of all ages. This is where game masters come in. They are role players. Even with only the ability to post without their name tag, they are able to take roleplay to a new level.
   There is a lot of talk here about who can be a game master and who cannot. I do not think that we should look at this ‘who’ the way we are now. The way it has been presented, you seem to think that you can use labels such as ‘kage and veterans. Though many of you may know each other rather well, do you expect to judge others who might want this position? People can roleplay a certain way and be completely different in person. Kayenta makes a good game master because she is not biased. She may have been a ‘kage, but she also has a general love for roleplay. There are a number of people who are very “one way”, choosing to remain painfully loyal to a single person, clan, or nation. We cannot let these people make us distrustful of everybody we roleplay with. Even these people might be completely different in reality.
   Characters such as demons and other more fantastical creatures may not meld with everybody’s idea of roleplay, but they are committing no wrong. Those of you who complain about them are missing one very large point. It is you who chooses to roleplay with them. It is not their “powers” which are wrong. Many of these characters would not be familiar to the majority of you. They do not care about being destructive or overbearing with their chosen method of roleplay. Those that are a nuisance are at just as much fault as a canon character who is the same way. We cannot prohibit them from roleplaying simply because we do not agree with their fantasy. This is all fantasy.
   As any of you who are involved with the bijuu will know, there is only one deciding factor in what you can and can not do during a battle. Does your opponent agree with you doing it? If they do, they have to handle it. If, at the beginning of a battle, I agree to let my opponent to use a kekkei genkai they do not posses, I cannot complain about it later on and petition that they cannot use it because they have not reset with it. There is a certain level of organization that must be upheld during a fight. If you have a problem with what you opponent did you must state it at that time, not after you lose. Zenaku and Raifudo  have been very honorable in mediating over the years. They proved this not too long ago when Bocchiere lost the Rokubi. Game masters are given their abilities because of traits like these. You cannot label some enigmatic stranger a game master and expect their word to be respected. You label people who are known as game masters because they are respected. This is why some of you think the ‘kage would make good game masters. Has Kayenta not proven that even a ‘kage can be trusted?
   Do we need people to be better role players and “fix themselves”? Certainly. The true question lies in how we expect them to do this.. The only way that game masters could help with this is by providing something to keep people busy with.  It is refreshing to have to work against something that is not another character with a set attitude and a set collection of abilities. We often forget about the trials of man vs. nature. Suna tries to keep them alive, but they are usually overlooked.
   As I end my response to this topic, I would like to make note of something. Though they have now made themselves hated by almost everybody, Kumogakure is to be respected. I have never seen a group of people roleplay together better in all of my years as a member of this community. They maintain a strict RP setting and are still some of the friendliest, most interesting people OOC.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2012, 09:18:17 AM »

Hey. Here's food for thought. Um, y'know why people resort to RP over the game?

Because more than 90% of you are too lazy, arrogant and picky to do any sort of hard work in a game that'll take you longer than a few months to get to where the veteran players are, and it makes it so much easier to pretend you're something in RP when it comes to the actual game, you're absolutely nothing because you can spend months pretending you're hot in RP, when you're really not. Funny isn't it? Escape months of hardship gaming, for months of hardship roleplaying because of insecurity between veteran roleplayers and newcomers.

That rant aside, does it truly matter, if one can self-narrate or not? I think not. If someone was truly bother to the point of wanting to RP such a thing, they'd start with a `~ | and then some other color for the narration. An easy, clear escape from ones actions to what they are saying is happening.

As for deleting posts? Please. So many things are voided anyway what does it matter.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:03:44 AM by Reimu Hakurei »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2012, 10:32:29 AM »

Exactly, only the incompetent need somebody to tell them what to do. Taking some initiative ever now and again won't hurt at all, so everybody do your hardest, or at least try to, when engaging in 'serious' RP. The little things count, after all.  ;)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »

I'm voiding this thread.  :)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »

I remember that when I first came to SL Suna was dead.

I was this nut in the desert RPing my fingers off and never asked a soul for permission to exist nor to start a story. I have never asked and I never will.

It earned me the hatred of a few of the veterans of that era for some acad to rattle on endlessly into the night. Long weeks of the snitty comment being leveled at me and the odd remark about spamming up the village...but I also noticed no one else was doing a thing.

So of course I continued to just do as I pleased and eventually people began to interact with me instead of nip and harp at my every action. It was then that I began to have fun and it hasn't stopped since.

Times get rough, I have my good memories and my bad same as anyone else, but overall there is too much here to enjoy to just up and leave.

The whole point of this is ANYONE can do as much. You just have to want it bad enough.

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

Oh Kay-Kay. You're half of the SL RP community~.

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »

As any of you who are involved with the bijuu will know, there is only one deciding factor in what you can and can not do during a battle. Does your opponent agree with you doing it? If they do, they have to handle it. If, at the beginning of a battle, I agree to let my opponent to use a kekkei genkai they do not posses, I cannot complain about it later on and petition that they cannot use it because they have not reset with it. There is a certain level of organization that must be upheld during a fight. If you have a problem with what you opponent did you must state it at that time, not after you lose. Zenaku and Raifudo  have been very honorable in mediating over the years. They proved this not too long ago when Bocchiere lost the Rokubi. Game masters are given their abilities because of traits like these. You cannot label some enigmatic stranger a game master and expect their word to be respected. You label people who are known as game masters because they are respected. This is why some of you think the ‘kage would make good game masters. Has Kayenta not proven that even a ‘kage can be trusted?

I like your post except for this one. It sounds like you're looking for an RP authority to judge, which once again I disapprove of.
But it's true what you said about the whole 'man vs nature' idea. I dont see that as much. o.o

Hey. Here's food for thought. Um, y'know why people resort to RP over the game?

Because more than 90% of you are too lazy, arrogant and picky to do any sort of hard work in a game that'll take you longer than a few months to get to where the veteran players are, and it makes it so much easier to pretend you're something in RP when it comes to the actual game, you're absolutely nothing because you can spend months pretending you're hot in RP, when you're really not. Funny isn't it? Escape months of hardship gaming, for months of hardship roleplaying because of insecurity between veteran roleplayers and newcomers.

That rant aside, does it truly matter, if one can self-narrate or not? I think not. If someone was truly bother to the point of wanting to RP such a thing, they'd start with a `~ | and then some other color for the narration. An easy, clear escape from ones actions to what they are saying is happening.

As for deleting posts? Please. So many things are voided anyway what does it matter.

I think that's kinda harsh. >.>
Like really, more than 90%? Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt everyone who posted on this thread is a reborn member who also RP (at least occasionally)? It's not easy getting to 80 dks the first time, or even the second time around. >.>
I agree some people are lazy to dk and some even gave up on reborning but to say more than 90% is kinda extreme imo.
I feel the percentage of ppl DKing will always be greater than the people RPing. After all, SL is a game first.
However I agree what you said about the self-narrating part.

I remember that when I first came to SL Suna was dead.

I was this nut in the desert RPing my fingers off and never asked a soul for permission to exist nor to start a story. I have never asked and I never will.

It earned me the hatred of a few of the veterans of that era for some acad to rattle on endlessly into the night. Long weeks of the snitty comment being leveled at me and the odd remark about spamming up the village...but I also noticed no one else was doing a thing.

So of course I continued to just do as I pleased and eventually people began to interact with me instead of nip and harp at my every action. It was then that I began to have fun and it hasn't stopped since.

Times get rough, I have my good memories and my bad same as anyone else, but overall there is too much here to enjoy to just up and leave.

The whole point of this is ANYONE can do as much. You just have to want it bad enough.

So you were the one that started the whole RPing in the village? o.o
But yeah, I agree with the last line of your post. Anyone can narrate if they have it in them.

Oh Kay-Kay. You're half of the SL RP community~.

And really? After you just said more than 90% of, what it sounds like, the whole community are lazy dkers that only RP and you say Kay represents half of the SL RP community. -_-
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:00:05 PM by Mei »

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2012, 05:29:21 PM »

I know what I said, Mei.

I'd like you to prove me wrong.

Here, lemme help. Bocchiere, Zenaku, You, Me, Kay-Kay and her many Alts, Rare, Yumei somewhat, Jashin. Can you name five more that actively, day-for-day DKs and gets the reborns for their RP that they claim in RP itself?

Yeah. I said Kay-Kay makes up half the RP community. Y'know what? She pretty much does since shes a main RPer for Kumo and Suna. I don't look at Oto, or Kiri, but I know a damn good number of people there that RP don't DK. I also know for a fact far more than half the people in Gardens don't DK either. Or did you dismiss the gardeners from being roleplayers?

Mei

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »

You have to think about other players too. You're just naming known players. And Rare doesnt even DK. Have you looked at his bio lately? >.>

Think about new players, the mid-level players like Chuunin, Jounin, ANBU, etc. All one would have to do, is go to Hall of Fame and compare Orochimaru Kills and Orochimaru Kill Speed. And those numbers are in game-days. If Neji can also make a category for how many days a person stayed in their current dk, then it can all be shown easily.

I think you missed my point. You said 90% of the 'community' are active RPers that are too lazy to dk but you said Kay represents 50% of that community. You're indirectly saying that Kay would falls in that 90% of lazy DKers who only RP. >.>
If anything, it would have made more sense with you said something like Kay represented 50% of the RP activity that happens in SL, which I assume you meant. >.>

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2012, 08:31:18 PM »

*looks at Mei and Reimu* Now now, settle down children  :o
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »

Oh Mei-Mei.

This is why I wish you'd just leave SL and save me the issue of dealing with your consistent antagonistic remarks from your ignorant pride~. Yes. I said Kay makes up half the RP community. Yes. I also said that over 90% of the people that are RPers don't even DK anymore. And y'know what? I don't take that back. You see, everything I said in regarding to Kay, has constantly been a joke. Oh yes, you are too stuck-up about yourself to read any of my other posts regarding Kay though, aren't you? You always have been one to constantly throw whatever you can in my face.

I do wonder what will come first, you going into a permanent hiatus, or me quitting Kumogakure just long enough for you to finally finish that training session of yours and go back to Konohagakure.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:28:57 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Mihazi

• I have this cough, ya know.
    • View Profile
    • How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2012, 09:30:31 PM »

Now Reimu, just because you rushed your way to "end game" doesn't mean you can be snobby to "90%" of the other players.

The PVE in this game is repeat the same 5-15 minute routine until bored or life comes up. It's monotonous.
Also having overpowered KGs makes it extreme easy mode.

Claiming 4 KGs (even if you DK for them) is more absurd than an Academy Student claiming to have a demon inside of them.
But I do support that people should RP around the relative strength of their character instead of using cheat powerups.
That puts DKing at a higher priority than RPing, which should be natural.

Bottom line, RP is "abstract" and not everyone will agree on everything.
That's why I prefer/participate in DKing (also cause I'm too lazy to read). It's more "concrete", but even then it is like a booby prize to me.

Would it be nice to have more GMs to help promote RP and make it look more "professional"? Yes, it would create a better mood.
Would this request be hard to fulfill? No, but I don't think there is dire need for it.
More than likely, this will be overlooked.

Reimu Hakurei

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2012, 09:38:07 PM »

Snobby? Yes, I suppose it can be looked as that, can't it. But y'know what? I don't claim to have four KGs. I claim to have two, Sharingan and Shintou Seirei, because my other reborns are used for a custom one, something that alot of people in SL lack. Individuality.

I'm not ignorant enough to claim DKs are everything for roleplay. DKs don't even have anything to do with it as much as I hate to acknowledge it. But y'know what? I'd at least like to see something with a legit sharingan title before they claim to have eternal mangekyo like damn near everyone that has it in the first place claims to have it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.