Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: So much DP and nothing to Spend it on!  (Read 13368 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
So much DP and nothing to Spend it on!
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:58:52 AM »

I bet you guys face this problem all the time, correct? Marvelous leveler that I am, I had to beg everyone for donations just to experience the feeling.

Well here is my story:

Some of you might remember in November my drive to host a real RP Chuunin Exams with Suna as the Hosting village? Well I collected 25K in DP to award out to the participants as prizes.

The response was wonderful, so many people interested. And the results were puny. Still, some people did engage in RP for the event and should get a DP award.

Here is the kicker though; my hard drive died and I lost everything. I can't give it all back , cause I don't know who they all were and what their DP amount was. And I can't give it out to the participants because I no longer have record of who did what.

I am currently compiling new records based on memory and upon that of others to make some award to those who did things. PM me on SL if you remember anything about anyone. That would be a huge help.

However, there is going to be a significant amount left over when all is said and done.

I was thinking to award this periodically to RP that merits it in some manner.

I was also thinking about posting missions here in a separate thread that people could look at and sign up for in order to earn DP for different ranked missions. If that idea took off I would need significant help in creating missions to give out. There could be DP awards for people who write up missions as well. And if the notion took off well enough then of course I would spend the DP and need to have another fund raiser; but that is just hopeful speculation on the success of this idea.

I welcome any suggestions on what to do with the left overs.

No Asadi. I am not just gonna give it to you for being a  cross country streaker, enjoyable as that may be for us all  :D

I don't know. It just sort of hit me tonight after I threw up all over Suna. We don't need another forum for such things, everything has already been done for us here to begin with.

I know, I do frequently miss the obvious, but I get around to noticing these things eventually.

~Moenkopi

Moonfire

• View Profile
Re: So much DP and nothing to Spend it on!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »

Ah i finally got logged in*failed three times as  the password was gone out of sudden!*

Ideas,ideas  ! I might have some!...or not
Erm..*pulls out the giant box of ideas and pulls out some of the better ones*

Dp for doing missions would be cool,like..killing bandits...or training...others.
Training could be to train how to roleplay ,or techniques.
Or for participating in events,should we ever have events. And with participating i do not mean such post like " Y walks into the town and watches  the big bad Bijuu/order/etc destroying the village"

Tot he missions..sooner or later i have to work on missions anyway.
I will most likely come up with something and message you! I could need the DP XD

RareUchiha

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »

*does recall donating a fair amount, thus shall use his shares as stakeholder to propose that we award it all to who kills Zenaku in this war. >> A bounty if you will.*(jk)

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 02:55:33 PM »

I'll show you a good time for that DP Kayenta.

I remember donating... umm... an amount. I think it was 2.5k, but Iunno. Nor do I really care because EVERYONE IS BUTTHURT AND WANTS PAYPAL FOR EVERYTHING EVER.

I recommend donating the DP as a peace treaty between me and every nation on SL. Just saying. Its for a good cause. You're supposed to donate to mikos anyway.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »

Hmmm.

thank you Silver. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

As Usual just pm those missions to me ons SL.

Rare, brother dear...It is your duty as a Konoha nin and in light of the war to kill the enemy. I hardly think that merits and extra paycheck.

Reimu...everyone knows that Mikos and Demons don't exist. Just take a look at the Suna VIllage board from last night. You astound me. :D

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 06:03:09 PM »

Jounin exams! But make it limited, and an opportunity to teach those who are not too familiar with zone fighting/horrible fighters. But of course, we would need a bunch of referees, one to look over each fight.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 11:08:01 PM »

That could prove to be very interesting.

Volunteers to referee anyone?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »

That could prove to be very interesting.

Volunteers to referee anyone?

I'll be glad to referee as soon as I get some dates as when this will happen so I can clear up my schedule.  :oops:

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »

Currently everything is in the brain storming stage.  I  will gladly use your help in that sort of event if it turns out people like the idea and will participate.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »

I know I donated a bit.... I still like the idea of giving the Jounin a chance to shine and show what they can do.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »

We gotta make it top-tier entertaining.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »

I know I donated some to the cause, don't recall how much though. I usually just give my dp away as it is and very rarely need them so I vote for you to just keep the damn dp, buy a bunch of alt(s), and start your own village with these said alt(s) that rival all the others.... or like Fifty said put it as a bounty for the Kage of Kumo. (not kidding  :twisted:)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »

You guys kill me.  Zenny is a sweetheart and you guys finally have something to do now that Kumo has stirred from the mountains.

I already own enough alts, Kirk, to populate a whole village.

Top tier sounds entertaining enough.

My one worry is that, like the Chuunin exams and most tourneys that start out well, momentum will die off and no resolution will occur.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 01:58:28 PM »

At any rate, here are my thoughts about such things at the moment. please comment...

I think that if someone else wished to organize a jounin exam then I would donate DP for prizes as they occur. Be a ind of back for the event and keep donations collected for the jounin exam separate from the 25K of the chuunins.

MY own preference, for the chuunin DP, is to award out what prizes I can manage to based upon my memory and those of others I am questioning, then to host quests/missions that people can sign up to go on and GM them through that. Awarding prizes after completion of said quest.

I used to take people questing all the time and it suits my personality much better than a long drawn out affair that loses momentum and spirals down into incompletion due to inactivity.

When such things are arranged I will post again giving an accounting of Chuunin DP given out and what the remainder is to go toward the questing missions.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 04:22:34 PM »

*taps mic* I like the idea of jounin exams. I am on board..

Also if anyone would like to come for my head i'm game for you to try
*drops mic*
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 5.118 seconds with 20 queries.