Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Polygamists Unite!  (Read 4878 times)

Yiruma

• View Profile
Re: Polygamists Unite!
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 04:13:10 AM »

I'm gonna have to shoot it down as well...it's bad enough that we have users marrying themselves on SL...This whole idea of polygamy would just open up a hypothetical "Pandora's Box" and have users marrying their alts and etc.  :-?

What's wrong with marrying yourself? Does it confer a bonus or some such? If so I can understand why...personally I think it's a great idea. Some self-cest isn't as bad as actual incest, and next to impossible to do in real life. The closest parallel would be Voldermort and a Horcrux-Ginny. 

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:39 AM »

They don't want that happening because you're giving yourself a buff. Like, "I'm going to make an alt for the sake of getting x"
Doesn't work that way.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:48 AM »

Besides, last time Neji overhauled the marriage system he made it so that it took longer and more effort was put into establishing the marriage. I don't think he wants us to be able to easily go around and marry people.

Back then, I had at least 5 people I could've married at any time because of how easy it was. Now it takes longer than most marriages to find the button to actually get married.

Then again, I can't/don't speak for him, or even know remotely what goes on his evil mind. Well, besides the parade of women constantly going through his brain in their tiny mini-skirts.

Yiruma

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 07:05:44 AM »

Besides, last time Neji overhauled the marriage system he made it so that it took longer and more effort was put into establishing the marriage. I don't think he wants us to be able to easily go around and marry people.

Back then, I had at least 5 people I could've married at any time because of how easy it was. Now it takes longer than most marriages to find the button to actually get married.

Then again, I can't/don't speak for him, or even know remotely what goes on his evil mind. Well, besides the parade of women constantly going through his brain in their tiny mini-skirts.

Just in mini-skirts?  ;)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 08:30:05 AM »

I have to disagree with the taking longer part. I mean with three flirts for me and three flirts for my partner, that gives us 6 messages in one game day. And since it is based off character count, you just spam each one to maxed out text and whamo! You can marry in one day.

What I think is cruddy is that after you actually wed and are no longer engaged, the buff goes away.

that is soooooo....cliché and jaded...the whole honey moon is over thing? please.

Anyway, it was proposed that you only get the buff one time, not for each marriage. So that stacking effect would not even be an issue.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:38:21 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 12:47:15 AM »

in RP, why not, in the system .... what a hassle to program :D
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »

Fortunately I have no programming knowledge and will just have to concede the point. lol

Was gonna be an IT person. Was my first major and the first class I took was JAVA.

so I install the java program writing thingy on my PC and set to my Homework assignment.

...to make a red square in the center of the page.

then I run the program checker and it finds like 4 errors. I correct those and run the checker again and it shows like 8 errors. I fix them and now have 12 errors...

Yes I really am that good. So come midterms when I had the big fat D going on, I switched to Geology.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:31 PM »

You have never done C++ going down to allocate your own memory with pointers & fun.

1 error -> 18 errors -> 30+ errors.... then you rewrite half your program, and you're fine. :) Patience, young Skywalker.

Normally, when you have experience, you will program "robust" enough to make it compile.

The marriage system was done by me basically from scratch again at some point, and it could already use a revamp with some functions (namely putting the couples into a couples table, not in the marriedto field anymore... but that would make more things necessary).

Polygamy would make the entire proposing / marrying much more complicated.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »

Blinks at Neji for a moment.  "I understood that part about how the entire process would be too complicated. The rest went over my head while I was picking up this shiny penny I found!" Tosses the penny into her coin pouch while her internal monologue goes on about Ben Franklin for some reason.

Fortunately they didn't introduce C++ as a course offering until the semester after she switched majors...holy cow...she is old. No doubt that was probably about 6 years after the rest of the world was using it. The talk around the IT tables in the cafeteria as they bemoaned their fates caused me to bless the life course alteration too.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.