Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Earth Grudge Fear  (Read 3624 times)

Yiruma

• View Profile
Earth Grudge Fear
« on: February 15, 2012, 07:31:42 AM »

Earth Grudge Fear, alternatively called Jiongu, one of the more awesome abilities that was introduced earlier on as well. It was a bit like Pein's Path's and had the potential to be as powerful as them, but Naruto had to go and poke a hole in that didn't he? Oh well. Essentially I'd like to reinstate this concept. The overall premise being stronger then both the Uchiha and Kayuga: that Naruto's Rasenshuriken only destroyed Kazuku, not the actual threads. They regenerated and moved on. Regardless, perhaps we should discuss the potential pro's and con's of this...concept. On that note, I don't know if it really counts as a KKG and should be reinstated as something else entirely, but I think it something that would add a alternative to the Reingan and other more lime-light centric abilities from the series. Anyway, too me, it would also offer a use for Kabuto Kills, or an alternative use for Orochimaru Kills, something to discuss later.
Basically, how I think it would operate would be to provide a buff, perhaps a slight regeneration factor or increased dexterity due to the threads coxing out added movement. Whatever. The piece that would distinguish it from everything else would be the Hearts. I think the concept of cheating death a few times is a useful thought. The other possible benefit would be access to far more elements then before, which would become useful at later stages in the Game when facing multiple opponents. This opens up the pathway of discussion in which lie another few uses for either Kabuto Kills and Orochimaru Kills. Somehow you need a way to have hearts to use for both alternate elements and revival(Either or both). So you could perhaps rip out Kabuto's heart and take it as your own. As you can only kill Kabuto once, it would be one extra heart per round, providing a bit of a challenge to collect the hearts perhaps?

Thoughts, anyone?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:33:40 AM by Yiruma »

Mihamaru

• Pssh! Ikki and Sora don't have **** on me!
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Grudge Fear
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »

I'm not sure how this would work in the current gameplay system, as a key factor in the progression is "Kill Oro, and go back to normal, only a little bit stronger"

(S): >.>; Duuuuuude.. do you have Yuri?

(K) -_____________-; Ask Miha.. hes da Master! xD

Yiruma

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 12:30:50 PM »

I'm not sure how this would work in the current gameplay system, as a key factor in the progression is "Kill Oro, and go back to normal, only a little bit stronger"

[I'm feeling confused]

Right then. Please restate your post in a manner that is slightly more blunt and critical. Suffice to say that there is very little in my post that goes against the traditional system that I can think off. The only differentials I can think off would be the use of Kabuto Points, which honestly do need a purpose.
There are THREE ways for this too work in the fashion of obtaining hearts.
  • Using the Heart of Kabuto which is carried over from the killing of Orochimaru, or lost when used to restructure yourself. [/font]
  • Playing it traditionally and for each reset, you earn yourself another permanently gained heart. 
  • Another use for Orochimaru Points is the purchase of another Heart, of the elemental nature of your choice.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:03:20 PM »

I would have like sixteen hearts then. It just seems silly.

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 08:30:45 PM »

The differential is the fact that you're somehow carrying over the hearts through Oro kills.
But leaving that aside, what exactly would you DO with the hearts?

Yiruma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »

I would have like sixteen hearts then. It just seems silly.
[Apply some common sense]

That's like wanting 20 Paths of Pein. I hope you can apply the analogy, if not, I'll spell it out for you: It goes against the series. Plain and simple. There are only SIX paths of Pein? There will be only FIVE hearts.

The differential is the fact that you're somehow carrying over the hearts through Oro kills.
But leaving that aside, what exactly would you DO with the hearts?
[Ya know it's all in the first post?]

Each heart will perform a number of different options.
  • Each Heart will have an elemental affinity and allow you to allocate training points to it.
  • Each Heart is one free get-away card from The Shades. Sacrificing one of your spare Hearts, you can come back to life.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:02:37 PM by Yiruma »

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 02:35:24 AM »

That last one actually sounds workable, but not as a KG. Maybe make it like how the Rasengan is? You have to find it, and it leaves aftery you get a KG.
How about after you get it, it works with PVPs? You get a random chance to take their heart after a successful PVP. If you have a spare heart, you can walk away from a fight you lost, but only at 1 HP.

Yiruma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:02:48 AM »

That last one actually sounds workable, but not as a KG. Maybe make it like how the Rasengan is? You have to find it, and it leaves aftery you get a KG.
How about after you get it, it works with PVPs? You get a random chance to take their heart after a successful PVP. If you have a spare heart, you can walk away from a fight you lost, but only at 1 HP.
[Unsure I am, think we must]

There is always that Kazuku\Hidan Event that could work. Perhaps killing Hidan first then Kazuku. There is a small chance that the threads will then infect you increasing marginally depending on your alignment. I like the thought and is probably more plausible then a KKG. The PvP suggestion is more then a little dogy sounding to me. I like it, but somehow I can see the higher level characters suddenly having a reason to kill Acads and so on. >_< Perhaps you can only take the hearts of higher level charas. I like the 1 HP suggest when you bring yourself back from the brink of death via a heart.

Mihamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 03:12:29 AM »

Um, high level characters CAN'T PVP academy students. The game prevents it. Really, I don't even think Jounin can do it.

Yiruma

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 03:39:26 AM »

Um, high level characters CAN'T PVP academy students. The game prevents it. Really, I don't even think Jounin can do it.
[Sometimes I hate being me]

Thanks for the update.
[/i][/sup]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.