Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Top 10 current fastest SL shinobi.  (Read 23639 times)

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
Re: Top 10 current fastest SL shinobi.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »

By those standards, anyone is fast if they can say they dodge an attack.

Edit: or claim to be.

Anyone can dodge an attack, it's how you go about handling the situation.
The standards today however can be quite flawed with everyone Kawarimi spamming. :oops:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:08:50 PM by Kamui »

Quest

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 08:00:43 AM »

Hmmm...is it really possible to tell how fast someone is with text-based RP? If I were ask to measure how fast someone is on SL, I'd based it on their typing speed or how fast their respond is posted. Imagine someone claims to dodge your lightning-fast move, which took you no more than 30 sec to post with a respond that took him/her 15 mins to write...I would say, "Hell, that's just God-modding!"  :evil:

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »

Hmmm...is it really possible to tell how fast someone is with text-based RP? If I were ask to measure how fast someone is on SL, I'd based it on their typing speed or how fast their respond is posted. Imagine someone claims to dodge your lightning-fast move, which took you no more than 30 sec to post with a respond that took him/her 15 mins to write...I would say, "Hell, that's just God-modding!"  :evil:

The relativity of time in the physical world has little impact on that in Shinobi Legends, a virtual realm; one can for instance post after another person two hours after the former had posted, and be perceived by others to be 'interacting' with them. In general: Typing speed and/or how fast they respond[ed] is nigh-irrelevant in role-play (unless of course somebody doesn't make their move in a spar for more than an hour without supplying those involved with a reason).

Quest

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 04:09:29 AM »

Well, SL's RP is in real-time, unlike forum RP. If time of response is irrelevant to speed of your character, than anyone could claim to be lightning fast. Pretty much like an acad claiming to have X KG or Y Bijuu in RP. I'm not trying to set up rules for character speed like what you guys did with the Bijuu. I'm just saying that no one should claim to be lightning fast in RAW speed, because that's pretty much God-modding if you ask me.

p/s: Do you happen to know which anime that animated.gif in your signature came from? Because it looks pretty hilarious, and might worth checking out.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 02:33:05 AM »

Isn't Ryuuachi or whatever his name is the guy that often tends to drastically god mode with his speed to the extent of even claiming auto hits and traveling several miles, attacking and returning at his prior position in 2 seconds? >> If that's the case, acknowledging him is like acknowledging Minto as the strongest. Cause, you know? He is the son of god. <<

I lack an actual list, however, I see your concern, people that have barely been around for months or never really had training and what not claiming ridiculous speeds.  Yes, that's like acads claiming juubi level chakras, however, anyone can obtain speed similar to all those that have been listed about as long as they've worked as hard as them to obtain it.

Personally, I have fairly great speeds, however, nowhere near great enough to be placed in such a list IF we exclude techniques of sorts.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raishin

• In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 02:54:54 AM »

How I measure speed in the zones is the absences of enhancement jutsus that would increase your performance in speed; such as Raiton no Yoroi, Hishou no Jutsu, Etc.
And literally take everything else out of the equation such as activated Doujutsus that would increase your reaction time in a fight and just rely on your own skills that would be define as fast to your opponent.

Am I fast? Yes, pending my zoning skills.  :oops:
The fastest guy in the realm? No...there is always someone better that will replace the generations as the times go.

I concur. With all this new speed-type ninjutsu, there's no way to truly calculate speed. Better off omitting ninpo when doing this.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 03:28:14 AM »

Well, SL's RP is in real-time, unlike forum RP. If time of response is irrelevant to speed of your character, than anyone could claim to be lightning fast. Pretty much like an acad claiming to have X KG or Y Bijuu in RP. I'm not trying to set up rules for character speed like what you guys did with the Bijuu. I'm just saying that no one should claim to be lightning fast in RAW speed, because that's pretty much God-modding if you ask me.

That is illogical. A mere Academy Student could paste ":stabs him in the chest with a sword" about two seconds after somebody considered a 'role-play veteran' widely renown for their prowess in the activity has posted. And should the latter-party then post about 4 minutes later, does that automatically mean that they've been stabbed by the nail, and have been suffering a wound for the 4 minutes in which they took to respond? Many would argue 'not'.

Edit: The clip was extracted from the 'Tower of Druaga' anime. :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:32:34 AM by Old Man Chan »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »

Well, SL's RP is in real-time, unlike forum RP. If time of response is irrelevant to speed of your character, than anyone could claim to be lightning fast.

I have to disagree that posting time has anything to do with RP. That is a real world mechanic and has no place in Role play. Time is a bee hive of an issue altogether, especially when trying to line up an RP that has diverged into multiple events and then attempting to merge them back together as one. Most generally a time elapse has to occur for one or more of those divergent story lines before that can occur.

But as to posting time having anything to do with the actions that are occurring within an RP? I have to decline that it matters. I make my action and if it take my partner 2 minutes or 2 days to reply, only the amount of time that has elapsed within the context of the story has passed in either scenario.

Speed of a character like so much else that goes on when comparing one character to another is impossible to do without a number system. Now we do have stats that could be employed, but EVEN if I am faster than you, that does not mean that Random factors could not be in play to cause a misstep upon my part. Just because I have certain characteristic levels, it does not mean that I am at optimum performance every day and all the time. In the sort of RP we engage ourselves in here, a willingness to make mistakes, to miss a hit, or take one, to trip or misstep must be incorporated into our RP on the individual level. Otherwise, we ALL god mod.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:33:59 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »

Doesn't.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »

Pick, pick, pick. :D

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »

Mauls the old man cause she can. >.>

Then runs away, hopefully faster than all of yins!!

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2012, 01:37:25 AM »

Simply trips kay as she runs by. "Whoops..."
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 02:12:34 AM »

Asadi, quick as he is, catches Kayenta and smacks Shadowfire in one fluid motion.  :eek:

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:12 AM »

Not much for being the damsel in distress, she still manages a fainted hearted, "My hero" as her fated crash with the ground is prevented.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »

I am definitely fast, and there is more to it then canon techniques and claims. Much of the time, I've 'out-sped' my opponents, so perhaps I might be in the top ten.

And I am no longer dead <<
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.