Game Development > Shops or other instances

Missions

(1/3) > >>

Ace:
I was planning on trying to come up with a foundation for this, but with little time, it's probably best to start topic.
Members generally like role playing mission scenarios, now why don't we actually have a shop or place where a member can be "hired" for certain missions?

What's needed is a shop name, where it should be, or any restrictions for a member to access it. That shop would house some person X who "hires" members to accomplish the missions he/she needs to be done. The rewards vary, just like any other event- no real need to go into detail into that.

General Examples:
Missions Type: Stealth
Under this category, there would be multiple missions available in which the difficulty level varies (being told so before you accept the mission).
Stealth missions can possible be to kill or find something. But in order to do so, you have to travel to say Kirigakure first, then Kohonagakure, and finally to Suna. And once at Suna, the object will be there in possible a shop. This type of stealth mission might give you a larger reward because precise movements are required. And of course hints will be given...

That was just one very general example.

Mission Type:Forest
Kill a certain creature in the forest (there will be many, many missions on easy- most probably very easy to do).

So, more mission types are required, and maybe one example of each (general example).
Once the base foundation is in place, and this *idea* has been accepted, then detailed missions can be made.
One major problem will be though will be not spoiling the missions. So possibility is to have a team or group of selected members who come up with missions.

Should that mean that only those members should have a say in what missions are added, of course not.
If a member not in that group has a very good mission, then it should be added.
Just that I assume that some members may be able to come up with good missions faster than others.

Again, this is just an incomplete idea, hopefully this can be implemented with due time.

Raishin:
Only Kages from villages, in my opinion, should be allowed to give/post missions. It's a cool idea, though.
Also, adding an rp bounty feature would really increase rp, Ace. Maybe someone could add to this. 

Zenaku:
I cosign

Ace:

--- Quote from: Raishin on March 31, 2012, 01:55:38 AM ---Only Kages from villages, in my opinion, should be allowed to give/post missions. It's a cool idea, though.
Also, adding an rp bounty feature would really increase rp, Ace. Maybe someone could add to this.

--- End quote ---

Anyone should be able to give their input into future missions.
Rank does not play a role when sharing ideas- your rank does not depict your knowledge.

In the end though, to make sure the missions are not spoiled for everyone, an exclusive group might have to be made (a few members).
Again, does not mean they are the only ones who get to decide what mission is accepted and what is not.
That group is there because they have the ability, the time, etc... to come up with good missions fast.

Uchiha, Rares:
Wonderful idea.
Personally, I think that if not added in every village under the x-kage office or such it should be located in ninja central, otherwise it would lack sense for someone to have to go to a foreign village to get a mission from them instead of his own. xP

As for the in-game missions, here could be one for each rank:
D: Rank-help a random villager with her gardening or shopping and have some extra option of doing such appear when you are in the village like:
Help villager(costs 4 turns)
C rank: Slay a specific lvl 3-7 creature or clear the path between village A and village B, upon traveling from one to another having a 50% chance of encountering several enemies in a row.
For B, A, and S just like C but higher levels with  the pvp mission added. I'm suggesting C should only limit to forest creatures and not pvp due to the fact that they are not supposed to include shinobi enemies. This, well the way a thought it anyway, would be attractive for sitters: B: Kill someone with 4-30 more dk than you, A: 40-80, S: 100+

For the S rank forest missions, I'm thinking only lvl 17 forest creatures, many would have problem with such and the fact that you need to at least be chuunin to even have the possibility to get to it supports the S-class characteristics.

The following will be complex and require some work but w/o a doubt be worth while:

Have the option:
Specify who can take on this mission: Everybody/only people from my village/only people from my clan/write the name of the shinobi

Have the ability to remain secret if you so wish, as the one that gave out the mission.

Choose the reward the mission you gave out will have.

I think that if this system is implemented it should also have the option "rp missions" for which the difference would be a describe mission and describe reward option instead of just selecting from a list or so. Actually getting a text box in which to write such. Rp missions should of course have either rp or dp rewards.

It would be pretty cool to have them like we have dk in our bio, for example:
D-Rank missions: 60
C-Rank missions: 40
You get the picture.

Last but not least, there should be a limitation of sorts.

I say kage in-game rank for the missions available to everyone or the village.
Clan ranks 25+ if not just 30 and 31 for missions restricted.
As for private missions we should lover the bar, perhaps to Jounin or clan rank 10 or so, considering that at that point you might have some students of sorts to which you'd want to give out missions to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version