Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Character Equipment  (Read 1269 times)

Ace

• View Profile
Character Equipment
« on: March 30, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »

On LoB, discussions were started about implementing some character equipments- essentially for role playing, and to help distinguish members further. Here is the overall logic and what the character equipments actually are supposed to be. This idea is FAR from being done, hence why I hope people can give their input.

Note: There is only one person on SL and LoB who codes the modules- that's Neji. So the purpose of this topic is to create a base foundation, meaning nothing too intricate (of course that can be talked about). The character equipments will not give any buffs (as of right now or it shouldn't because it will take much more time and effort to balance the items). That can be done later. Then some may ask what the purpose *initially* of this is, it is to give members more of an option to set themselves apart. Not everything has to have a buff. Members want something to make them different, including myself.

Well, the equipment as of right now would show up in the person's bio.
Of course, it can be placed somewhere else.

To be clear though, the weapon name that is seen is not renamed.
In the person's bio, they have their weapon type, but that does not translate it to showing up in the actual weapon name.
Make sense? :/

Example:
Sandals-->Boots-->?
Gauntlets--->?---???---???

The stronger/higher level you are (KGs including and such), the more options are available to you.
And the equipment only get better- they should correlate with Naruto, if not, still is fine.

See how this idea is far from being accomplished?
What's needed is the character equipment list, and possibly some rules/guidelines on how the purchase will occur, what the name of the new shop will be, etc....

Of course this is still an idea nonetheless, though I'm hoping to move this along.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:13:59 AM by Ace »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Character Equipment
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:15 PM »

Nice idea.  :o

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
Re: Character Equipment
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 02:53:27 AM »

I personally agree with this. It's a good idea and is bound to make things more interesting.

Since this is pretty much for cosmetic and originality purposes, I say the show/don't show "this" in your bio should be implemented at some point.

Another idea would be customize boots/pants/rings/shirt/robe. With each potentially being of different cost perhaps not allowing to rename to items that are in any way similar but of higher level. This should of course be done via dp. Well this is just a suggestion considering something that you wanted to wear would not exist. I highly doubt Neji would take the time to take suggestions of willed clothing one by one after this is implemented.

Well, I suppose a good way to avoid cheating would be to allow something like just a title change for the item and not a name change. Items not possessing a title originally of course.

For example, you spend 100dp to change your "ANBU mask" in to "Silver ANBU mask" or "Sweat pants" in to "Black Sweat pants". This would also remove the need of possibly requiring to have certain pieces of clothing coming in different colors.

Overall, I think this is a great idea.

Neji should borrow some well trained monkeys from google! D:<

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.