Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Legit vs non-legit  (Read 5251 times)

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Legit vs non-legit
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 03:05:10 AM »

We could do things the long way and analyze every move they make, or we could stop it when people make bio's like Blood ‡ Demon Fang's http://blooddemonfang.weebly.com/kekkei-genkai.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:05:36 AM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 03:26:17 AM »

I read ALL of it .... My head hurts. :cry:
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Quest

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:24 AM »

He pretty much threw everything that he thought of as "cool" into a pile to make it "lame". Too much of something usually have the opposite effect. But do we really have to go out of our way to inform the player about what is wrong with his character? Can't we just let them learn through experience? Well, I figured out that my Soul Release which uses spirit energy was out of place when I tried and failed to think of any reasonable Jutsu for it.

Like I said, we should gather good roleplayers (every aspects) and display them somewhere for others to see and admire. Others will soon change their style to mimic those whom they admire. All without us having to lecture them and pissing some of them off SL.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 03:37:18 AM »

He pretty much threw everything that he thought of as "cool" into a pile to make it "lame". Too much of something usually have the opposite effect. But do we really have to go out of our way to inform the player about what is wrong with his character? Can't we just let them learn through experience? Well, I figured out that my Soul Release which uses spirit energy was out of place when I tried and failed to think of any reasonable Jutsu for it.

Like I said, we should gather good roleplayers (every aspects) and display them somewhere for others to see and admire. Others will soon change their style to mimic those whom they admire. All without us having to lecture them and pissing some of them off SL.

Why would we have to gather them if the 'good roleplayers' are already known and people already admire them? Not only that, but every one has a different opinion. Some people may thing Naruto(SL Player) is better than Sauske at zoning and vice-versa. What I'm getting at is that you'd have to gather every single roleplayer because every one looks up to/admire someone else, even if the person they look up to/admire aren't good in the eyes of the majority.

Quest

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 03:49:50 AM »

The way that SLS gathered a bunch of serious roleplayers really happened. Rai standardized character profiles. Kay, Tommi, Cmage, Rare and those whom I've forgotten (sorry), pulled off many historical RP that involves a lot of players. Many things were born because of our time on SLS. It has been done before.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 11:47:51 AM by Quest »

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2012, 04:06:58 AM »

The way that SLS gathered a bunch of adequate roleplayers really happened. Rai standardized character profiles. Kay, Tommi, Cmage, Rare and those whom I've forgotten (sorry), pulled off many entertaining RP that involved a sizeable amount of players. Some standards were born because of our time on SLS. It has been done before.

FTFY
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:07:23 AM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Born as Lee of the Lotus

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:26:01 AM »

Wow, Cmage. >> Wow.

Quest

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »

Cmage gets a cookie for the amazing translation of my noobish rant =D

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »

Soooo.... as some of you may have noticed in the past three days; I had made a claim on my profile. I had wished to see how people would react, and out of 4 people that contacted me about it(though many noticed and made comments elsewhere or contacted someone else to complain to me), only one person gave me sufficient reason as to why I couldn't make that claim.

The most startling result was that Kay PMed me with distaste in less than 16 of the change; I found it awkward that you support something that is questionable(non-human characters) yet I did do something that is legal within the realm of SL and Naruto, it was just morally unjust in your eyes(and ultimately did not affect you or your RP). Not saying anything is wrong with that view, but you were one to say that we shouldn't call out people based on their characters and let them RP as they wish.

Another person who contacted me was Raifudo, and he honestly didn't really seem to care about what I did(and didn't say what I was doing was illegal) except that he hates the person I was intending to use. His only wish was that I don't come anywhere close to him using that person.

Those were the two reactions that were almost complete opposites, and based off that I would like to conclude that we deem things we don't like(that aren't OP or god-modding) as non-legit because it affects our sense of morals, and that we can't simply sit back and let people do what they want because if they do something different from everyone else then we feel the need to call them out.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Born as Lee of the Lotus

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 06:00:00 AM »

Those were the two reactions that were almost complete opposites, and based off that I would like to conclude that we deem things we don't like(that aren't OP or god-modding) as non-legit because it affects our sense of morals, and that we can't simply sit back and let people do what they want because if they do something different from everyone else then we feel the need to call them out.

Ok I can officially die happy.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 07:15:49 AM »

The most startling result was that Kay PMed me with distaste in less than 16 of the change; I found it awkward that you support something that is questionable(non-human characters) yet I did do something that is legal within the realm of SL and Naruto, it was just morally unjust in your eyes(and ultimately did not affect you or your RP). Not saying anything is wrong with that view, but you were one to say that we shouldn't call out people based on their characters and let them RP as they wish.

She bagged on Jinzo (Osho-Kiba) for claiming Tripleblitz's eyes.

I just have to shake my head man.

You know Pete and I talked about the Amatergan and how it would be so horrid if anyone tried to claim it.

I see not why you do this thing.

By RP all his family were gone. He waas the only one left of that lineage. HE had two children and they are also gone from here. You have no right, I don't care even if you did help him develope it.

It don't fly in RP and you know it.

I just want to vomit.

And then she went ahead to post in his zone fight against Kamui.

She will be hypocritical. Her whole charade of "free rp purposes" or whatever diminishes behind the scenes. She's more then happy to help herself when it comes to HER rp, regardless of how outrageous it is, but when it comes to someone else hopping along to make a claim, she snaps at them.

Another person who contacted me was Raifudo, and he honestly didn't really seem to care about what I did(and didn't say what I was doing was illegal) except that he hates the person I was intending to use. His only wish was that I don't come anywhere close to him using that person.

You contacted me, Kumaggie. >>

And, yes, I do hate Varu. Always did. Even then, I still saw what you did okay. Claiming an old body? Why not. Kabuto played grave robber with it, don't see why you can't.

Mind all of you, it's not the fact that I'm not "in rp" that I don't care. It's the fact that I have ZERO control over people. I will give advice, yeah, I do it all the time, but I do not govern people.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2012, 07:49:55 AM »

As I said to Cmage, Varu belongs to me for certain reasons. Back in the Guntai days, I witness dear old Varu sealed within Lord Ryuuji's vessel -- and I have that vessel rotting in one of my hideouts. Varu's mine. That's it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:57:05 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »

Locked.

These "discussions" are not getting anywhere.
Other topics probably will be locked as well.
Members will begin to receive warnings if required.

I just received a "forum petition" per say, and with the recent posts and more, topic is locked.

Members, anyone who feels that they are contributing to the mess, may send me a message once they think
they are able to engage in a discussion which will not target, but learn to move forward.

YES, pointing out possible flaws of people, fixing past mistakes, does help...
Addressing the issues first does help... but only if done in a proper manner, and provided that the people involved are willing to adapt and change.

And noticing how a lot of people might be stubborn, time to take a break.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.