Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Summonings  (Read 7648 times)

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
Summonings
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »

Although it's highly unnecessary for those who log in to SL for things other than Roleplay, Some people like me mainly log in to Roleplay initially...

Summonings is a standard issue I see. People like Kay and Yūmei who hold official summoning contracts should not have to deal with others [Who are serious about Roleplay] forging their contacts. I see a way around this that is used by Rare currently. He has the dragon summoning scroll and has signatures on such that gives those a contract for the latter w/ the exception of Toads. If Those who hold official summoning contracts want to do so that's fine, but I think a list should be made officially for Summonings.

I hold the official contract for Primapes, and whoever knows most of them, such as Kay, should place the list here for all to see.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
Re: Summonings
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 08:35:09 PM »

I very well see your point, however, some scroll owners just complain in general while not doing anything about it. In order to maintain a copyright on a scroll of sorts one needs to enforce such, just like how you're bound to have 100 pms that either explain you why what your doing is wrong or just cuss at you like a drunk pirate. xD But yeah, if you don't enforce it your bound to have a bunch of people running around with it.

I mean look at Tomi! He was so pestering about his hirashin in regards to those that did not learn it from him or those he taught it.... (goes on and on) that he managed to copyright a cannon jutsu.

But there are some issues here, several summons exist in regards to which we just can't know for sure who they really belong to as several old players claim them. Take the crows for example:
We can probably know Boc is not a legitimate user since he claims it since when? 1? 2 years? But there are several vets claiming it also.

Perhaps if we organized a tourney for scrolls with unclear holders.
Another issue is idiots claiming it even after approached by the actual holder... well it's just like people putting kg they don't have in their bio and refusing to change it.
The Narutoprofile site, managed by Yūmei already has a copyright list. Site which I am currently trying to convince Neji to put up as a sister site.
Of course, someone can put up summons he has no right to as copyright, however, Yumei has vast knowledge over summons and the alike, and if not there are enough people that would point him out that someone is making fake claims. For example, someone tried to claim lightning dragons and was removed for obvious reasons.

===Dragon scroll contractors(chronological order)===
                                  JinEchizen
                                   Tetsujin
                                      Mei
                    Rares(current scroll holder)
                                      Eric
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:16:14 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:23:37 PM »

That would be wonderful if Neji did such, but Yūmei would have to be more active than he is now to keep up to date for those possessing official contracts. I will try and gather a list of active people that Roleplay to provide to Yūmei, but for those who are already reading this, should put their summoning as a reply.

If a dispute comes before a summoning, it would have to be dealt with by the council.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »

<-- Crickets!

edit:

Forgot to care about the thread; just saw 'summonings' and decided to post mine.

Any how:

A tournament for summoning contracts.. no. I mean, I understand where you're coming from, "Chika", but, as you have said, this is really unneeded. You can't prevent people from claiming your things -- as it is, you can't even guarantee someone's RP-background doesn't include that certain summoning. What if it's a direct essence to their character? Who are we to deny that person something they worked hard on simply because we want it for ourselves? I mean, as it is, right now, everything is a claim fest. The moment something new comes out in the anime/manga is the moment someone claims it as first and snarls at the second person like a rabid hound.

This game has been around for many years, and so have many of the people within it -- that said, I've seen summoners come and go, old summons brought back up and, etc. happen. Not something one needs to control nor can control, for that matter.

Lastly, Yumei's site, as forsaken as it is by the majority of people, does show a bit of bias in it; I can't really say much as, just about, everything does. But, in short, I point that out in my offense against this to say: what if the person with that contract doesn't want to *share*? Who's going to make them do it? What if someone else wants it? Etc. What if someone who has ties with the site claims something after someone sort-of unknown does? They'll believe the site over the person because of credibility. Such as the fact that lots of people say they have Totsuka blade, but Yumei states that Mioku (last time I checked) had it. Zyeta had it before him; did Zyeta just give it to him? And, even if he did, what about when something else new (overpowered.jpg) comes out? Do we message Yumei as a first-come first-serve or can he choose? Etc.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:42:50 PM by RaifudoMakashi »

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »

All very good points, yes, if someone wants to claim something that's already supposed to be claimed such as, Snakes, it can be from someone's background.

It doesn't have to be awknowledged though, such as Kay not doing so to the canon Suigetsu when it attacked Kirigakure and she played NPC's until they got on.

Regarding the signage of the contracts, if someone decides someone isn't worthy enough or that he/she wants it for themselves only, the council has (or should have in my opinion) the right to override such. You can always contact (?) amount of people from the council to fix such a thing.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 12:12:14 AM »

What council is everyone talking about?

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:35:26 AM »

What council is everyone talking about?

I believe they're referring to the Bijuu council, but I could be wrong.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »

Bijuu Council.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

Bijuu Council.

That's the only council there is.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »

I mean it as this:

It's a council for bijuu, why have them govern summonings..?

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 01:09:21 AM »

I mean it as this:

It's a council for bijuu, why have them govern summonings..?

I'unno, ask them. I was merely pointing out that they were most likely referring to that council. If you ask me, I believe that council should cover every thing, even things such as this.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 01:10:56 AM »

Then we need to expand on who we have.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 01:14:07 AM »

Then we need to expand on who we have.

I don't even know the current people in the council aside from Kayenta. I believe it's also all the 'Kages and Jinchuriki, correct?

Yūmei

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 02:59:53 AM »

Lastly, Yumei's site, as forsaken as it is by the majority of people, does show a bit of bias in it; I can't really say much as, just about, everything does. But, in short, I point that out in my offense against this to say: what if the person with that contract doesn't want to *share*? Who's going to make them do it? What if someone else wants it? Etc. What if someone who has ties with the site claims something after someone sort-of unknown does? They'll believe the site over the person because of credibility. Such as the fact that lots of people say they have Totsuka blade, but Yumei states that Mioku (last time I checked) had it. Zyeta had it before him; did Zyeta just give it to him? And, even if he did, what about when something else new (overpowered.jpg) comes out? Do we message Yumei as a first-come first-serve or can he choose? Etc.
It helps when people make suggestions instead of criticisms, after all, each and every one of our mindsets is unique.  :)

Zyeta dropped his claim over the Sword of Totsuka after Mioku revealed that Enishi had [somehow] obtained it soon after it made it appearance in the manga (so, about a couple of years ago).

I have compiled a list here of canon 'items' which have been claimed by players, and is edited by players. Although I do admit, that it isn't entirely up-to-date, as not everybody who have claimed to be the sole (or branch) possessor have contacted myself in-game so that the list can be updated.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 03:38:25 AM »

each and every one of our mindsets is unique

You see suggestions more of help rather than criticism.

and is edited by players

contacted myself in-game so that the list can be updated.

I thought it could be edited by them? I'm confused now.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.