Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: A Tiny Complaint - Censor Kitty  (Read 2011 times)

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
A Tiny Complaint - Censor Kitty
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:57:11 PM »

Maaaybe I'm the only one that ever suffers this because theres so many inactive players that I'm the only one doing it, but when I go to Battle Arena, I typically put on Tsukiyomi, and go through my hotkey phase for whatever the highest ranked guy is.

Well, it's getting gradually unnerving each time, after 20 or so fights, I run into Censor Kitty telling me 'Hey. Your IP has been banned'.

It's a small issue I have, but an issue nontheless, because I don't know when this will be a serious ban. Can this thing be limited in one makes it tick? Just trying to burn my turns out here.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
Re: A Tiny Complaint - Censor Kitty
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:12:51 AM »

I had the same complaint and Tracey (Taraka) Explained it like this.

There were issues with major spamming going on, and from it the site was experiencing a massive lag, as well as constant 'breaking' of certain aspects of the site, which, inevitably, ended up with massive influx of petitions and a host of more problems. SO they put up censor kitty that bans whatever IP address that is doing the spamming for a minute, to 'reboot' their IP, and stop the spamming.

Basically, to solve it, stop going so fast with your hot-key clicks, and you should be good...
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:33 AM »

Do you know the amount of turns we go through each day?

Besides, I for one am not going to wait once a page is loaded. I'm going to continue on with what I'm doing. It's just the way everyone is now with higher connection speeds.

Even with a low amount of fights: 20 turns with flawless can take some up to half an hour, maybe more or less, depending on events within the forests, plus other buffs that can change it as well.

Quest

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »

Wisdom from the old fellow: Stop - look - enjoy the moment - let go of everything else.

Just joking, hmm...I personally don't care if I finish my turns or not. I play to pass the time when there is no RP to be done or to take a break from my work. I use the hotkeys only because they save me the trouble of moving my uncooperative mouse =D

Well, as Shadowfire/Tracey said, this is meant to reduce lag on the server. It can be easily avoided by slowly down just a little. By doing so, it benefits everyone on the server.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 04:06:10 PM »

The old fellow enjoys what fleeting moments s/he has while the youth speed by so they in turn can do the same. :P

We'll always repeat the cycle from generation to generation; as will complaints.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »

I will lift the kitty a  bit more - but the problem is not with a single user, but multiple users sharing an IP. =(
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »

How are multiple players sharing an IP? Wouldn't that mean they were using two accounts at once?

Wisdom from the old fellow: Stop - look - enjoy the moment - let go of everything else.

Okay. Nice old-folk quote. Makes sense. I actually laughed after reading that....
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.