Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: SL: A History  (Read 18454 times)

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
SL: A History
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:24:37 PM »

Now, isn't time we came up with a timeline of the major events that have happened to this site? From the rise of the Leet to the great wars between Death Dealers and all the old large clans? From the founding of the great nations and their electing of their Kages?

I'd personally like it. It'd give us some character and prevent some fact twisting.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SL: A History
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 11:50:08 PM »

That'd be quite the compiliation and memory recalling of you farts from the oldest days of the site! But I'm sure you all could pull it off. XP
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 01:49:31 AM »

It wouldn't be that bad...

The worst part would be all of us "Old farts" who actually can remember the Leet Ninjas, and have been here for 5-6 years talking for ages about how much things have changed and about all the people who are gone...

Also, facts would be twisted regardless, considering over half the people who remember that stuff are gone, and so people who were on one side of an issue that are there would be able to tell their story.

Then there's stuff like <Kages> before the actual Kages came about. You know, when we just claimed the titles and made a clan. Little things like that. OR WHEN I WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT OF SL.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

Now, isn't time we came up with a timeline of the major events that have happened to this site? From the rise of the Leet to the great wars between Death Dealers and all the old large clans? From the founding of the great nations and their electing of their Kages?

I'd personally like it. It'd give us some character and prevent some fact twisting.

I applaud you sir.   :oops:
I think if every single golden relic (Veteran) added their own input from the roleplay history of Legend of Naruto leading up to Shinobi Legends very own foundations and so forth, we can start establishing a time table that will be free to edit amongst the group.  ;)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 07:40:38 AM »

I applaud you sir.   :oops:
I think if every single golden relic (Veteran) added their own input from the roleplay history of Legend of Naruto leading up to Shinobi Legends very own foundations and so forth, we can start establishing a time table that will be free to edit amongst the group.  ;)

Timetable?  :o

Quest

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »

Could anyone actually remember the date of each and every event O_o?

Shikki

• That's what she said.
    • View Profile
    • 4Spam!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

I can remember a few... But a lot of them go as far back as six years for me, and the details aren't as clear as they used to be.

Sighhhh... What I'd give for my youth back. At least they give you this nice banning cane when you reach a certain milestone.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 04:30:17 AM »

Holy cow. you guys are old farts.

I have only been on SL. But I might be able to hunt up some of my RL friends who remember those days. They have long since passed over. I Will give it a shot.

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »

Dates aren't necessary at this point. But, chronological would be rather useful. And, then we could fill in the blanks from there of misc information of smaller events.

100 AK (after KBoogi): Large bash at the bar resulted in numerous arrests and the shutdown of the facility for a number of years.
113 AK: War breaks out amongst the clans resulting in the utter destruction of more than a dozen.

etc.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Nobody remembers the war Suna <-> Mist? =( I scripted even the event.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:28:58 PM »

you know sometimes it is easier to remember the past if you start with the present and work backwards.

And yes, Many people remember the great war between Suna and Kiri and how when Konoha joined forces with Suna all that occurred was that our death toll rose. Not that I am bitter or anything.    ;)

You know, I heard it was all because someone PVP'd shigeo...is that true?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 10:25:16 PM »

The war between Kirigakure and Sunagakure was planned from the very start, once you start unraveling all the twists and half-truths then it will all become clear to you.
Which is why when the war started I was allied with Kirigakure and left Konoagakure leaving Seraphim as my successor which lead up to other major events from my organizations and many others.

you know sometimes it is easier to remember the past if you start with the present and work backwards.

And yes, Many people remember the great war between Suna and Kiri and how when Konoha joined forces with Suna all that occurred was that our death toll rose. Not that I am bitter or anything.    ;)

You know, I heard it was all because someone PVP'd shigeo...is that true?

It didn't started because of that, I mean I fought Shigeo in the past even after I left Konohagakure to ally myself with Kirigakure only to be accosted by the shinobi there since I started the Bijuu hunt and I didn't plan on giving any Bijuus to any governing powers.
If you really wanna know the truths about the wars you have to speak to the olden veterans.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 11:43:44 PM »

I myself remember a few of the major events, like the wars between Kiri and Konoha, and Kiri and Suna that happened back when... By comparison. I feel so old, but am really so young. Since 04' I've had major RP roles, and characters, and before that I had a few characters that meant little... I've been around for far too long... even at my currently young age. I can remember a few of the Kage elections myself...

I think a timeline format would be best, as gifted to us by Asadi. Though, if this was the case, were we to make it, we should make the date list as a front page, and have the dates act as hyperlinks to give a more in depth coverage of the events, and perhaps things like 'journal entries' written by the people who actually RPed or participated in that event. We could also have it written so everyone can give their opinions or comment on the events, etc, etc..

I also think we could set up a system that separates per village... So we have the major events written, then somebody to click on say the Kirigakure, or Konohagakure link, and it could give them a list of the lesser known events that happened, and talk about them. I think personally that would add a different dynamic to the idea, and leave more room so that people don't feel like any events they thought pertinent are being ignored in the larger scale timeline. Of course, this is merely perpetuation...

I offer my services for the events I remember, but I can't promise exact dates, for I only remember a few of them, and my own parts in the major events, and minor events of the days.
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Asadi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:43 AM »

Might be easier to place it on sl's wiki so that it is all there for new players to see. Hyper linking would be best so as not to jumble everything up in one large document.

But for starters, we should talk to any current and past Kages. How they came into power and what events took place in their village during their reign. War, clam disputes, etc. why they felt it was time to hand down power and so on and so fourth. Then allow the next Kage to follow up. Of they are not around, the prior or next on line could fill in the events.

then, we fill in the bulk of it with the stores of the people and the happenings of the world. Like the grounding of the Uchiha, resurrection of the   kaguya, etc. something to give everybody some degree of back story and give everyone who is here a sense of being and life.

And no, that doesn't mean it should constrain everybody. And I'm rather sorry if this post looks bad. You can only do so much from a mobile.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »

No. it's fine Asadi...

I agree. Putting it on the SL Wiki might be best. i also think there should be a 'meeting of the minds' or a meeting of representatives and creative beings to come together and set a system back story. It has been brought up on many Threads that there is no starting point for what happens with the Uchiha. Some go by the Anime, and manga, and others make their own. I think we need a background on the existence of the many clans, such as the Uchiha, and Kaguya, the spreading of the Hyuuga across the nations, etc, etc. We also need talk about the Rinnegan, if necessary, and perhaps the training in Senjutsu, to give everyone a background that is set up for the whole of SL... That will settle the many debates I have seen.

As for past Kage... Should we also include 'acting' kage, when there was a time the elections were being held. and someone had been appointed for a week or so to set up and make sure everything was running, until the Kage was elected...? There are a lot of things to consider here. The main concern, I feel, will be the conflicting points that will come from the many people in many villages... I want, or rather think, we should include everyone's ideas, and viewpoints to the events and issues... However, We need know what others think. Such as should we only include the higher ups of each village? Should it be a compilation of only the Kage's thoughts? How far down the list do we go?

I can see including mostly the veterans or people who have been there for more years, and perhaps allowing a few of the 'younger generation' and 'acads' to give their input...  I guess the whole issue is centered around who is willing to do the work, who is chosen to help write the pages, and so on...

I guess another question to ask is, who, besides myself, would be willing to write this history?
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 19 queries.