Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shinobi Legends Society (Version 3.0)  (Read 3775 times)

Quest

Shinobi Legends Society (Version 3.0)
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »

Well, since SLS is listed as one of SL's partner site, I guess it should be okay to make an announcement about SLS here on SL's forum.

I, Q has been given power by "she whose name shall not be spoken" and is current working to resurrect that dead. If my attempt fails, "she whose name shall not be spoken" will have the almighty creator of SL to banish SLS to the depth of darkness, forever rid of light. Thus I humbly ask the allies of the past to return once more.

So here are the things I've done so far:
  • Removed the "going to be deleted" stuff (please don't kill me).
  • Added a social board with the following child boards; Naruto Talk (for Naruto stuff), Personal Topics (to talk about you), and the resurrection of the xat chatroom for spam.
  • Added a Suggestions board for members to suggest stuff like chatroom background pictures, what boards you want added. Stuff like that.

Note: I like the Sharingan (no new post), and Mangekyou (new post). I wish to make SLS more visually appealing for our fellow Shinobi, but I am still trying to figure out where's the head and tail of this admin stuff on a SMF board.

Unfortunately, that's it. For now. By the way, is Cmage still with us?

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Shinobi Legends Society (Version 3.0)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »

All sounds good, thus far. As for Cmage, I've yet to see him in some time now. But, as things go, he'll show up eventually.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

Couldn't all of the [actively used] character-related stuff (in SLS) be moved here and placed under 'Roleplay'? I mean, what can SLS do that this forum 'ere can't?

Quest

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:48 AM »

For starters, try getting Neji to add a chatroom here =)

SLS is made by the players for the players. So we are free to add whatever we want on SLS. Well, just as long as it has something to do with RP and Naruto =)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 02:16:17 AM »

A chatroom isn't an absolute necessity... one could always be set up in Xat and a link to it can be displayed in a thread (if he chooses not to display it here). I mean, people tend to take to alternatives such as Skype, Aim and Live Messenger (although accessibility to either of these can be a problem).

Alternatively Neji could set up sub boards under 'Roleplay' so people may post up their character profiles (via topic creation) and/or create discussion topics in another board also listed under 'Roleplay' (and derived sub boards). Although I suppose if you prefer a neater approach (with the ads), then SLS will be needing some serious revamping.

Quest

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »

My goal isn't to get SLS crowded while people and contents. Just wanna let those who were once there know that I'm there to fix it up and add stuff to suit the player's need. I'm not going to turn SLS back into a heavy RP forum that it once was. I'm all ears if you have a list things that SLS should add.

p/s: that kid in your sig drives me crazy XD

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »

I think I still have admin privileges on the site. I can be of service.

Quest

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »

You are no longer the co-admin. You are now, a full Admin.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

Works just as well, thanks. Let me know what you need done aside from what I start to work on. I'll send you messages through SLS saying what I've completed or plan on working on.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »

Last I knew I was still staff there of some sort. Moderator and what not. I too will go there and see what is up.
I seriously would like to be able to access the ancient threads. I have things there that were of import before the , as you say, 'heavy RP' died.

Quest

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 01:00:14 AM »

I don't see anything important in the recycle board. But if you want it, I just I can give you access to it.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:22 AM »

Well yes. All the RP we ever did was just thrown in the trash.

At least it was important to me.

Quest

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »

Anyone want to put up a list of Kage on SLS again?

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 08:41:28 AM »

I'd be glad to help out with the site if I can.

Quest

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:32 AM »

Well, there are a lot of things you can do to help. Things that you might not know would help could make a difference.

Things that everyone can help out with:
1) Make topics, talk about something. Unless somebody starts something, SLS is pretty much just a memorial stone. It doesn't have to be RP or a serious discussion. Instead, I think something fun or engaging to talk about is what we need.

2) Voice, or should I say post your opinions and ideas. If SLS sucks, it sucked for a reason, and we need to know what that reason is.

3) Spars and RP are of course always welcome. But keep this in mind, SLS is NOT a Roleplaying Forum with storylines, moderator-manipulated-events, in-depth RP system or anything that you would expect from any average RP Forum out there. It is a tool for the roleplayers on SL to enhance their RP experience, to do what they couldn't do on SL (No, adult love scenes are not allowed on SLS either!), like posting their sparring records for example.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 16 queries.