Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Clan level and reputation  (Read 3722 times)

Quest

Clan level and reputation
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:46:46 AM »

I know clans are already ranked by Oro Kills, Player Kills, and number of members. But all those don't really feel too involving (gameplay-wise) for a member of the clan. Not to mention that those would drop when a high DK player rebirths or when someone leaves the clan. So here's what I came up with;

Clan Reputation
To put it simple, your clan gains reputation points whenever one of your members slay Orochimaru. Reputation gained will not drop when a player resets for KG, or leaves the clan. The clan's reputation drops the same way it is gained. When a member of your clan is slain by Orochimaru, your reputation drops.

The idea of having a moderator deduct a fix amount of reputation from your clan whenever a member of your clan is reported for breaking the rules of the game or causing trouble crossed my mind. But I figured it would be either too unfair or too much of a hassle.

Clan Level
Your clan gains exp whenever one of your members levels up. For each level you and your clan members gain, your clan will receive 100 exp. Example, to go from Level 0 to level 1, you need 100,000 exp. Level 1 to level 2 will require 250,000 exp, level 2 to level 3 requires 500,000 exp and so on. And just like reputation, you wouldn't lose any exp when a clan member leaves your clan.

The idea of members donating a certain % of their exp to the clan crossed my mind, but sitters can be a problem. Long time sitters can easily have over 1,000,000,000 exp. Fighting special creatures like the werewolf and Gorgon would give them an unimaginable amount of exp. In other words, this can easily be abused to level up the clan rapidly.

When your clan levels up, you will gain access to more clan related features. So instead of overwhelming a new clan leader with tons of features, we can now let them discover and try out these features at a much slower pace. Like how we discover new mounts as he gain more Oro Kills. Features like;
- Clan Avatar
- Clan Mails
- Clan Rooms
- Clan Hall Picture (allow players to upload a picture of their clan hall)
- and maybe some other things that have been rejected in the past, like clan coffers, clan buff and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:41:52 AM by Quest »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Clan level and reputation
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:59:06 AM »

Sounds pretty innovative and promising. I like.  :D

Ace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:37:37 AM »

The *overall* concept/idea seems alright.

Yes, it wold be a hassle and actually I can see many problems occurring (forgetfulness, lack of time, not everyone is "caught," etc...)
if moderators deduct.

In regards to clan level, I hesitate to say if now is an appropriate time to do so.
To heavily "restrict" clans right now (yes, although the restriction might slowly be lifted), may not be the best idea.
I take activity of the site into account- the amount of members I see logging in and such.

And I'll point you to a topic I created, "Clan Prices."
The price to establish a clan was not increased.
If members did not want to increase the prices, I'm not sure if members will approve of this.
But more so, I say no to the *clan level* right now due to the activity I see of the site.

Though I guess one can ask, when will it be the right time, when will activity be good enough?
I do not have an answer for that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:40:40 AM by Ace »

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

The reputation deduction is indeed unfair. The whole clan would suffer for some idiot you've allowed in unknowing of what he was capable of.

The reputation idea over all is a brilliant idea! It fixes the issue I've brought up of dk count being pretty worthless with the reborn on SL and what not, it turning in to a bad measurements for clans. Were this to be implemented, the dk count of clans should be removed entirely.
I would also suggest the equivalent of a dk is added for every 30 pk one makes, just so sitters are not unfavored by this system.

As for the level, for reasons stated by Ace, it should only include granting more rather than low level restrictions. Otherwise this would both stimulate and bash clans, which is why I say we take away the bashing part.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:36:58 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Quest

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »

I would also suggest the equivalent of a dk is added for every 30 pk one makes, just so sitters are not unfavored by this system.
I have to disagree. I believe there is already a "clan rank" by PK on SL.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:45:33 PM »

Oh yeah, sorry about that.

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

(Snickers at the correction or Rare) >_>

But I like the reputation idea also.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.