Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Fake Poll: Blueberry or Blackberry?

Blueberry
- 6 (27.3%)
Blackberry
- 5 (22.7%)
Greenberry
- 3 (13.6%)
Redberry
- 3 (13.6%)
Library
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2012, 10:51:17 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: Rewriting the Bijuu rules, The council, and Jinchuuriki Elections.  (Read 77860 times)

Jaggerjack

• View Profile
Re: Rewriting the Bijuu rules, The council, and Jinchuuriki Elections.
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2012, 07:46:28 PM »

I really dont rp much anymore...but if you guys do decide to make a council. I think the "council" should not have any jinchuriki (how ever you spell that) or kages. The council should consist of people who are not bias or somewhat non bias.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2012, 08:07:46 PM »

That might have some sense to it, however, it's flawed, it should simply have people with the ability to be biased, and keep their cool under pressure. As it would sound like a wonderful idea and what not, it wouldn't leave that many people, needless to say that just because they are not a kage or jinchuriki doesn't mean they lack friends or a will in regards to their village getting/keeping bijuu. What we need is unbiased people, but finding people that are such due to no having any relations is nigh impossible. What do we do only allow missing nins? I'm also known as a big fan of Konoha. Even if they were missing nins, who the hell doesn't have friends or people they aren't fond of? :P

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2012, 08:35:46 PM »

I'll challenge for Samehada ^_^

Not even going to address any of that previous stuff, Rai backed me up all good like, but even I know Mioku is inactive. I asked him once, I think I was asking if he had to accept challenges for Nuibari, but he said he really doesn't rp anymore. Kiri has been in more dire straights then the fact that they don't have a host for the 3 tails so I don't think he would come back just for that, then again i don't know him at all so that is kinda outta my ass. As far as I know about Kiri Kotetsu is the only really active person right now. Isa vanished for whatever reason, which is weird because I was letting him challenge me for Samehada, maybe my belated wish from our bijuu fight came true and he was in fact hit by a bus.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2012, 08:55:46 PM »

I really want to see a poll started.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »

I really dont rp much anymore...but if you guys do decide to make a council. I think the "council" should not have any jinchuriki (how ever you spell that) or kages. The council should consist of people who are not bias or somewhat non bias.

That's like saying presidents can't be political figures before they are elected.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »

It doesn't work like that D: I was only letting Isa challenge so I could kill him again and seal him away!

I'll challenge for Samehada ^_^

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »

I like the idea of the contestants of a match grabbing who ever they agree upon to mediate problems in  a match.

I like the idea fo having clear rules established with leeway for the individual contestants to add or detract from them in agreement before a match. A window for them to set terms for their specific battle.

I like the idea of there being certain rules that are inviolable that are true and held to across the board. Such as time lines and settling in periods. Rest between matches if desired.

I would like to see KG and OPness dealt with as one of these inviolate rules, but if the opponents agree as a to what is permitted or not permitted before hand then that would supersede the rules. Posting such an agreement may be necessary so the loser doesn't try to weasel out.

I would like rulings upheld when a judge is called in. If need be at least an agreement of two or more for the more cantankerous debates.

But I fail to see how any authority will be imposed upon anyone for anything.

There is a fine line between what is acceptable in creativity and what is not. And Who gets to decide what is legit and what is not. Upon those points I think no agreement will ever be reached.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:42 PM »

Why is another similar topic to Kayenta's own made here in Game Development?
Also before anyone says "Oh the topic is dead and blah blah."
It isn't dead until the user decides to lock it, maybe if you decided to put some more input into the original topic rather then make an entire new one then maybe we'll get somewhere.
I also recall some questions were never answered in the original topic which I will post here and hopefully it will not be ignored again.

But how will the next cycle of rebirth enact?
I'm pretty sure if the beast itself dies in general it gets reborn after a number of years passed.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:52:19 PM by Kamui »

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »

*will ignore those questions again. << Also taught Kayenta said something about blessing us with silence*

Also, stuff like Samehada and what not should also be challengeable about as long as bijuu are but I suppose another thread should be made for such.

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »

I thought about that exact samething, should items like those be challengable. Jolt brought this to my attention about a month ago, as he challenged Mioku for the Nuibari blade. His challenge was denied and was told that he could not be challenged for such, which I think was a pretty lame thing to do as, once again, this invokes great roleplay.

I think this could be something we change but discuss in another thread, either way, they should be challengable as well.

Also, why is this council thing being brough back up, from my understanding it's clear that the people involved in the fight will go to someone they believe will give the best unbiased answer upon any conflict that needs an outside point of view.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »

I like the idea of the contestants of a match grabbing who ever they agree upon to mediate problems in  a match.

Personal selection? I'd agree to that, but the negative-belief of bias-reasoning keeps nudging at me.

I like the idea fo having clear rules established with leeway for the individual contestants to add or detract from them in agreement before a match. A window for them to set terms for their specific battle.

I am not, sadly, a lawyer. So, my ability to close-in all loopholes is resolved through trial and error.

I like the idea of there being certain rules that are inviolable that are true and held to across the board. Such as time lines and settling in periods. Rest between matches if desired.

Rest between matches? As in stop and RP that you're stopping to catch your breath? That's kind of weird since they're fighting to take something from you.

I would like to see KG and OPness dealt with as one of these inviolate rules, but if the opponents agree as a to what is permitted or not permitted before hand then that would supersede the rules. Posting such an agreement may be necessary so the loser doesn't try to weasel out.

What do you mean by KG and OPness be dealt with?
List what you can and can't do? 'Cause that's already set under special rules.

But I fail to see how any authority will be imposed upon anyone for anything.

There is a fine line between what is acceptable in creativity and what is not. And Who gets to decide what is legit and what is not. Upon those points I think no agreement will ever be reached.

You know, you can't please everyone. That said, the same can be applied with things such as the states. "Who are the states to dictate abortions or not? Our bodies, our choices."

We need to set what the majority of people want, 'cause that's the closest thing we can find to everyone.

@Kamui:

Why is another similar topic to Kayenta's own made here in Game Development?
Also before anyone says "Oh the topic is dead and blah blah."
It isn't dead until the user decides to lock it, maybe if you decided to put some more input into the original topic rather then make an entire new one then maybe we'll get somewhere.
I also recall some questions were never answered in the original topic which I will post here and hopefully it will not be ignored again.

But how will the next cycle of rebirth enact?
I'm pretty sure if the beast itself dies in general it gets reborn after a number of years passed.

I made this topic because no one bothered going back to the last one, yet problems persisted. I also took the moment to bring up other questions that relate to it.

And as far as "dead" = "lock", that's just silly. Lock = locked. Dead = well, seeing since you're having issue with it, when a topic is no longer being used. When no further posts are being made, etc. Can't revive a locked topic, after all. The term goes hand-in-hand.

I'm not going to go further into your response except just to answer your question that Eric, partially, answered.

What I"m understanding is that apparently in SL, if you kill the host as a challenger, then you lose, and the host dies and the bijuu is returned to the village of the deceased host.

I need to put that in the rules more clearly. There is already a way to win that's laid out. As for killing the bijuu, that falls with tampering the bijuu, but I guess that can be overwritten with the knowledge of the bijuu coming back. The problem I have with killing bijuu, is that time-frames don't really apply correctly here.

'Cause, we've only been up for ~6 years, so, let's say a bijuu would be, barely, brought back.

*Also taught Kayenta said something about blessing us with silence*

Be nice.

I thought about that exact samething, should items like those be challengable. Jolt brought this to my attention about a month ago, as he challenged Mioku for the Nuibari blade. His challenge was denied and was told that he could not be challenged for such, which I think was a pretty lame thing to do as, once again, this invokes great roleplay.

I asked Mioku as well for a fight; cept he accepted it yet never fought me after I waited the weeks and just ignored me.

We already said, or at least I kept saying, the council should be just well known and, popularly-declared, unbiased people.

Edit: I messed up on the quotes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:25:05 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Chika

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2012, 11:28:07 PM »

Seen the mistakes on the quotes, but it's cool bro.

Yes, another thread needs to be opened to discuss certain items to be classified for challenges like the Bijū. It is known that killing the Jinchūriki kills the Bijū, so yes I would agree that it would be returned to the most recent village. Although, some people view these matches as complete ooc and not roleplay, which in that case, if the host loses, dies, passes out, or beheaded...the Bijū would just be given to the challenger and both characters remain alive an unscathed. Personally, I prefer to be ic in a match like this.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2012, 11:38:05 PM »

Seen the mistakes on the quotes, but it's cool bro.

Yes, another thread needs to be opened to discuss certain items to be classified for challenges like the Bijū. It is known that killing the Jinchūriki kills the Bijū, so yes I would agree that it would be returned to the most recent village. Although, some people view these matches as complete ooc and not roleplay, which in that case, if the host loses, dies, passes out, or beheaded...the Bijū would just be given to the challenger and both characters remain alive an unscathed. Personally, I prefer to be ic in a match like this.

Yeah, I noticed the negation of what just happened in the fight.  Gotta remember, though, people don't like to lose. Some people agree to, what I call, pink-slip fights. Meaning they say "If I lose, do what ya want and take what ya want/can."

Edit: Just got word that Nathan's taking up the yonbi. Waiting on a decision for gobi/sanbi from zen.

Edit: I guess we can move on to rewriting the rules more directly.

Edit: We need a ruling for how the tails could be acquired. Someone suggested inner battles (I.E. how B and Naruto did it) but people can just auto-win. I'd rather not set an amount of time people need to wait just to inner-battle it also.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 11:44:25 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2012, 11:54:02 PM »

Well considering the possibilities. One could just go and subdue the bijuu from the first day.

But if an amount of time is needed  I say a 20 days/tail should be good with a minus of 5 days for each of the following kg: Sharingan/Rinnegan/Mokuton. (reasons should be obvious)

But as long as people are reasonable and not taking full kyuubi control from the very start, It should be fine. I agree it would be silly to tell someone: lolol, you have to wait half an year to inner fight your bijuu.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »

What if you have all 3 kg? 5 days/Tail?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.