Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Accessories  (Read 1155 times)

Quest

Accessories
« on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:11 AM »

I was wondering if Neji would consider adding a 3rd kind of equipment that players can equip besides weapon & armor. The idea is to add a 3rd equipment which are rare, meant to give a small boon or have special effects, and doesn't get destroyed after an Oro Kill (because it's rare!).

It could be a 50/50 drop from Kabuto, or a 20% drop from special creatures (Werewolf & Gorgon)

Examples:
Ogre Ring (ATK +1)
Protective Talisman (DEF +1)
Ring of Racing Winds (SPD +1)
Book of Knowledge (WIS +1)
Thinking Cap (INT +1)
Spying Glasses (DEX +1)
Lee's Notebook (Taijutsu Usage +1)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Accessories
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:28:06 AM »

I like your efforts for the game, Q. You suggest some very, dare I say, *nifty things.

Though I do feel it's a bit much.

In-game achievements, Clan level and reputation, extra items, etc., etc. Yeah, they're all cool; in all honesty, though, it just piles on too much for the game - and this'll be one of the things that makes it much easier.

Who knows, maybe I'm just afraid of change. Or I can recognize when too much change is occurring.

Quest

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »

Well, these ideas are probably going to sit here for a very long time until a programmer comes along, or one of us actually learns how to turn these into codes. I'm pretty sure Neji doesn't have the time to make any of these. So even if these does get coded and added into the game, they will most likely be months apart from each other. SL ain't going to change rapidly because ideas don't turn into codes automatically.

Besides, unlike the new specialty system and KG rebirth, most of the ideas I present wouldn't change the way players play on SL. They are meant to enhance the experience (with this idea excluded of course) and make playing SL feel more fulfilling.

In other words, my intentions are good, I've no plans on flooding SL with new ideas, and I'm just exercising as a game designer as well as a game artist.

p/s: I've to agree that adding this idea to SL isn't such a good idea XD

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 07:49:54 AM »

Point is programming ;)

the item system has a  very buggy and not working feature of letting people equip stuff (and unequip).

If this were to work, I could use  it like you say and build slots.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Quest

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »

It's strange how nobody bother creating a newer version. Good thing I'll begin working in a game company in July. Maybe I can learn something there. What's most unfortunate is that I'm blocked from dragonprime...
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
link spam - body bulding supplements and tanning solutions
...even thou it was my 1st time visiting the site?! Seriously?

Well, SL isn't going anywhere so I guess we got time to wait until I obtain what I need in order to help =)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:22:38 AM by Quest »

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 17 queries.