Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Candidates for the Bijuu Referees - Why I want to be a Referee.  (Read 2756 times)

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography

Alrighty, here those who have signed up for the Bijuu Referee Commission are asked to provide why they wish to be said referee and what will they do/can they provide as a said referee?

This way, we can get to know our candidates, and what they stand for, without the mass messaging, and all of that.

This, of course is optional, but highly recommended.

Please, and Thank You~
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 07:19:57 PM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
Re: Candidates for the Bijuu Referees - Why I want to be a Referee.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 03:31:03 AM »

Good day, fellow candidates and future voters to the Bijuu Council.

My name is Timothy, most of you know me by the character name Tomi, the former Hokage of Shinobi Legends, and former jinchuuriki, and member to the prior council of Bijuu.

I am applying to become a member of this new Council so I can use my experience on role-play matters, and knowledge of Naruto Lore to bring about fair, and decisive judgement when it comes to the Bijuu Challenges.

What do I have to offer?

I have hosted 4 of the 9 Bijuu at one point or another, and have been involved in many a bijuu challenges. These 4 tailed beasts were Nibi, Yonbi, Shichibi, and Hachibi. Hence, I possess much experience when it comes to both the challenger, and defender positions in a match, as well as being a spectator. Often, I have been asked to give my opinion on challenges for the tailed beasts, and my words have influenced the outcomes of a few disputes on such.

I am a major role-player in Shinobi Legends, and have been quite involved in many of the stories that have came about in its realms. Many know me as the 4th Hokage, who once led Konohagakure no Sato into an age of ever increasing role-play. I have hosted many events that were participated in, as well as successfully participated in many others.

I am apart of the old Council, and successfully carried out its wishes, when asked to.

I stand for creative role-play that adheres to the standards set by Kishimoto himself. If I see you with a made up doujutsu that grants you the ability to read, and predict movements like that of the Sharingan, while also providing the ability to teleport wherever you wish, as well as smite your foes with thunder, or something of the sort, I will call you out on an overpowered kekkei genkai that is fan created. If I see a person who claims to use Kage Bunshin in a match, without actually posting they made those shadow clones in a prior post/turn, I will call you out on it, etc. If you claim immunity to something which you sincerely would not have immunity to/have no point of reference in your bio, extended bio, or something of the sort, and it looks like you just put that in there, that turn to get out of a tight spot, I will call you out on it, etc.

Anywho, if this looks good enough to you, feel free to vote for my person, and I will do my best to serve you, and the community.

~Timothy

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 03:38:51 AM by Timothy »
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »

In my honest opinion, a Bijuu council member should be righteous, skilled and experienced in rp as well as have a great insight on such. Not be in it for the power and benefits, etc.

And as such, I will elaborate why in my opinion, I am greatly suited for such.

I am unbiased in verdicts, I will void my own brother and give right to my greatest enemy. I've proven this several times by not siding with my loyalists or villagers unless they were 100% right, regardless of who their opponent was.

I support the will and opinions of the majority, and in my judgment/verdict, try to embody the will of "the people" such as the voiding of pirated kg due to the majority dislike it as a shortcut to avoid hundreds of hours of hard work in spite of my issue with that logic.

Through the last years I've helped others clean up god modish issues of their chars, devise legitimate techniques, clear rp arguments between two parties, or simply asked to input rp ideas. This to an extent in which, over the last two years, people I never met had come to me for such, that goes to show reputation.

I refused to run for hokage elections 3 times and refused when it was literally offered to me while applied pressure upon to accept such 2 times. Refused to be the Yonbi jinchuriki 2-3 times. That goes to show I have no interest in power in it's official form such as a title or possession, it also goes to show that by not being interested in bijuu myself, I couldn't abuse my position towards personal gain. Of course, the fact that such positions were proposed to me on multiple accounts in the past, also goes to show my well established reputation and ability.

Challengers and hosts came to me several times when issues arose between them, people ignorant of the rules of bijuu come to me asking in regards to them, as you can see, I've been acting as if a part of the council on the request of others, and due to that, I see no reason for me to not attempt and become such.

I am also responsible for resolving the inactive Yonbi jinchuriki issue.

Best regards,
Uchiha, Rares
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:00:02 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »

A simple short list of things:
•   I am not a ‘great’ rper
•   I am not the smartest guy on the block
•   I am not a walking dictionary of ‘Naruto’
•   I am usually thought to be a goof off, simple minded, joke
•   I have never once had anything to do with the tailed beast
•   I did not attend to originally even place my name in this running

I was simply persuaded to join the vote in loss terms.  I am aware I will more than likely not even receive a vote much less have a shot at being on such a Council.  As far as people asking me advice on spars or anything of the such it is usually the lower class- armature rpers who do so.  I believe it to be because I usually keep an open mind to everyone with the general thought no one person is any greater then the next.  So that is as far as me looking over spars has ever went.

Do I deserve or have I earned the right to be on such a council? Probably not, but hell I have always been the stubborn kind so here I am none the less.

Sincerely,
                                                                                         Kirk, the late UettoSenju, Phantom
                                                                                                                       Whatever you people insist on calling me.

Quest

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »

A new guy that no body knows and I don't have many acquaintance either. I do know how to RP thou. As for being a judge:
- I'm not quick to criticize the RP style of others.
- I don't judge other people's RP by my own standards.
- I believe that being a good Jinchuriki is more require more than just being good in the zones. How the player utilizes the Bijuu's power, whether it's by force (such as using KG or sealing Jutsu) or by forging a bond with their Bijuu, and the different relationship they have with their Bijuu should also be taken into consideration.
- During a fight, it is important to monitor the interaction between the Jinchuriki and his/her Bijuu. As well as the challenger's response to the Bijuu's power, making sure that the Jinchuriki isn't drawing power beyond his current skill and the challenger isn't under-powering a Bijuu's prowess.
- I believe that players should avoid posting OOC comments and info during RP. Even if I were to intervene during a battle, I would most certainly do it through RP. If an explanation is necessary, I would give it through Shinobi Mail or point players to the forum if the discussion becomes lengthy.
- If the exchange of OOC arguments occur too regularly during battle, I would consider stopping the battle and/or reporting the case to the Bijuu council for judgment, as to whether the player involved is a suitable host for the Bijuu.

Well, I follow both the manga and the anime, so I'm pretty updated on the info about the Bijuu things that greatly influences the Bijuu's power.

I withdraw!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:22:48 PM by Quest »

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 12:36:47 PM »

I've been around for a few years in SL, done roleplay prior to joining here. My original name is WhiteFang, had the same name all the way up until March, 2012 where I decided to use my characters Real name, Uchiha, Chika. I myself am a pretty technical guy, I love to go into details about certain situations, most of them revolving around Roleplay and Rules that has been done on the profile.wikia.

Regarding Bijū council equivilence, this is no jokingly manner for some, as I know in every challenge, there is always a dispute. I go over every single aspect and page of a fight, giving the correct issue after seeing both sides of the story and not just one. Unbiased, I am definitely, why would a council member need someone who would only plan to help a friend, or help this guy/girl because they've helped them out in the past? This will be an issue and I have seen it arise myself, asking via pm's to come back me up in the challenge, and I'll give you X dp. What? No, a bijū is to be earned the way everyone else has to, under the rules obliged to prior to starting the match.

Narutoverse, I've seen every episode, read every manga, and I know every crossover that has been made between Naruto and SL.

I'd be a wonderful asset to the council and have been thus far. I am vaulable for the position for reasons stated above, and I already have much more input to give the governing rules as well.

•WhiteFang

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:15:15 PM »

This is all optional, aye?

The lot of you know me as Raifudo or, more personally, "Johnny". I'm, what many call, a veteran of this site and a true devotee of my time to it. This site has been another home for me for little under a third of my life, and I've done quite the bit of venturing into the RP-aspect of it all myself during my stay. Ranging from being reigning Raikage, to Kyuubi Jinchuuriki -- both of which that I held for little over 2 years. I can recollect many things that, to my fellow Sl'ers, are deemed memorable for life; things such as: the bar, the leet ninjas, the first ever SL-pvp war, "Rice Country", etc., etc. which proves I know my way around the history of this site.

As I have mentioned, I was the reigning Sandaime Raikage and Kyuubi-host; I thoroughly enjoyed my time with both titles and I have zero regrets in my holding of such. However, the reason I gave them up, regardless of my mysterious bond with them, was due to feeling my time with them was more than long enough and that they were best suited for another person to bare. That self-decided act was what led to passing both feats of mine down to my successor and dear friend: Zenaku.

I bring the above up for this reason: I seek no power. I see no fame. I seek no boon from this whatsoever. I gave up whatever bonds I had that constricted me to bias reasoning through RP; I've had my fair share of being offered bijuu after my passing-along, but I have refused all of them with the knowledge I had no use for them. After all, this is just refereeing RP (meaning reading long-winded posts, etc.) I served my time in my community well as an RP'er, and for years have I served it as a go-to person for help in any matter; ranging from help with: creating jutsu, bloodline limits, rp-disptutes, bijuu matches (the like of which was gave initiative for me to write the current bijuu rules), etc. What I seek from this all is to help my second home in any way I can. I have made some distinctive friends here, and brothers as well. I have already acted as a, what we call now, "council" member without the need of any sort of title. I did it, as I have said, for the sake of helping.

I apply here and now, presenting my reasons, as a potential-councilman in fear that whatever say I have may be disregarded or shrugged off as "no authority figure". I suppose one can argue that me being so looked-up to before, it shouldn't change the views to me in the aftermath. But there is a chance it could happen. He who expects the worst is never disappointed, no?

As for why I think I'd make a promising candidate? I touched on how I seek nothing from this but to help those who need it. I stated how I hosted a bijuu of my own, which, for two years, gives the reason that I know my way around the zones. Being the Raikage for that amount of time shows I know how to lead as well.

I guess we can dwell on personal life. I'm a 19-year old college student with aims to becoming a professional in computer science; that ranging from subjects such as programming, system engineering, and computer information technology. My minor is in philosophy, so thinking critically is a hobby of mine rather than a chore or school-based activity.

Since my early childhood I've been regarded as gifted and brilliant due to my passive abilities of word-comprehension, adaptability, memory-performance (ironic since my memory has gone to crap), etc. and I was even enrolled in programs such as G.A.T.E.; after my time in such, I dove deeper into higher classes such as honors or advanced placement while holding a college-level+ reading capability since the 7th grade. That's not to say I was much too successful. I was placed in those classes time and time again due to testing and recommendation letters from past teachers saying I wasn't being challenged enough. In actuality, I maintained a 1.3 GPA in my entire high school career. Yeah, a D-.  I never did my homework or classwork. I did every test that came my way and passed it with ease.

It wasn't until recently I realized how much of a mistake I had made. I couldn't get in my university of choice because my grades aren't up to par as the rest of their snobby students. It is now that I seek to right my wrong and do the best I can do become successful in life; if anything, to make my mother proud of me and let her pass without worry of how I'll go on.

So, here I am, righting my wrong with any way possible -- even through means of protecting my second home.

Johnny, over and out.

Edit: Didn't sign off!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:23:10 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.