Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: Non-shinobi characters and what not (PERSONAL OPINION)  (Read 4973 times)

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
Non-shinobi characters and what not (PERSONAL OPINION)
« on: May 13, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »

Since most of the time, those disagreeing with such characters, don't really give any proper argumentation and just go "no, that doesn't fly" I choose to give a full argumentation of my personal opinion in regards to such.

While it's horrid when things get as messy as harassment level(I am also guilty of such on a few occasions) it's customary that whenever a small-mid-large group of people disagree with a certain form of rp they will ignore and or express their displease.

"Note: Using demons, curse seals of heaven, sharingan, etc that you do not have in-game, will displease many people in the zones. The best suggestion: use what you think is fair for our level."

This is the most we get in regards to rp rules, an advice of sorts, breaking it won't lead to any punishment of sorts on site staff level, and as such, SL is an rp community that rules itself. People will ignore and/or bash(sometimes crossing the line - again, guilty and sorry) whatever they deem as "wrong" in means of rp. And example of the community partially if not entirely silencing a belief would be claiming the in game kg in rp w/o having them or claiming a level far beyond your reset count.

The same applies when someone creates an overly modish jutsu of sorts. Now quite a few disapprove of custom demons and the alike, I will now elaborate my arguments in regards to my disapproval and possibly the arguments in the head of most that do disregard such characters:

It's not in Naruto, yes there are a bunch of fannon things on SL so that on it's own seems weird in spite of being the most commonly used argument. We have a whole bunch of custom techniques, summons and the alike that do not exist in Naruto, the thing would  that we do have what to relate them to such as other summons and other technique, whereas for demons, we just have the bijuu which in my view should clearly stay just that.

A second argument would be that it's at least as bad as claiming kg you didn't reset for if not worse. In most case people risk their lives, facing overly dangerous opponents in order to obtain a bijuu while regardless of weather in a lesser, similar, or superior form, just coming up with a random demon that is inside or that you are is simply a cheap way to claim bijuu/jinchuriki like status w/o earning it and w/o the tiresome responsibilities of a jinchuriki. Basically, just by putting it in your bio.

I also have the issue that most of the non-shinobi characters I know fail to rp properly w/o modding.

And now for my strongest argument:
Regardless of what we are, it's only fair that we play by the same rules. If a regular player(shinobi) would be deemed as modish for a certain claim or technique of sorts, the overly common "I can cause I'm a (insert random super natural creature)" shouldn't fly either. My dislike for such characters is greatly augmented by that excuse.
I don't intend to attack anyone with this, I am simply using the first example that came to mind: Kaizer/Nay's teleportation - Were one to come to a technique similar to hirashin or Tobi's teleportation they would be greatly frowned upon for ripping of the techniques, one of them being "claimed" and the other, arguably Uchiha Master+ only. While the teleportation I am addressing is not only similar to the two but superior, surpassing the barrier set on time space ninjutsu, in the sense that it takes the good parts of the two and kicks out the drawbacks. In means of vanishing, it is as fast as hirashin but lacks the marking prerequisite while the draw back kick out on the other time space ninjutsu is that it eliminates the vulnerability part in the sense that they don't take few seconds to phase out, seconds in which Tobi is vulnerable.

To sum up the above, I dislike how being a super natural being of sorts gets them the idea that they can use it as an excuse to claim what for the regular SL player, and in my view, the proper one, would be highly moddish.

Some have the the idea that resenting any form of rp means harm for the rp community in general. In my opinion, opting for a form of rp known to be a sore eyes for many is at least just as bad.

Again! The reason I've made this for is to make my full opinion on the matter a public, I am not looking for any arguments, I've already stated mine and continuing any further would just mean repeating them over and over again. I will by all means NOT respond to ANY form of attack to this opinion or my person, and possibly not even bother to read such.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 11:16:37 AM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Non-shinobi characters and what not (PERSONAL OPINION)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »

To be truthful, man, I think it was a waste of time to write this. I get ya, you know me, and how ya feel about this. I suppose it's more like a rant and/or a blog of sorts just to get it off your chest.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

That dinosaur is so cool.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

To be truthful, man, I think it was a waste of time to write this. I get ya, you know me, and how ya feel about this. I suppose it's more like a rant and/or a blog of sorts just to get it off your chest.

You never fail to understand me. :)

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 12:12:58 AM »

I feel pretty-much the same way. I usually try to correct some acads of their mistakes in claiming such things. Some are pretty understanding and grow to become some good and genuine RPers, while some like to stick with what they want to claim and all.

But what really rustles my jimmies, are the people who claim to be as powerful as a kage, when they don't have a single reset, or have a high amount of oro kills, pvp kills or being of high RP activity. Sometimes I'll troll them along and ask them for a zone fight. But as soon as I ask, they deny it and reply "I don't have to prove it." or "I'll just end up killing you, so I won't." facepalm.jpg
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:24:44 AM by Kage »

Timothy

• View Profile
    • Shinobi Legends Biography
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 02:31:25 AM »

Let alone all the claims of 'uber chakra reserves' that I think one in every 3 characters, or more claim. Hence, the 4th Hokage Timmeh de-powered his character, in the belief that he is a true Ninja!

I call for all contradictory/un-'justified' over powered characters to get realistic for the sake of good role-play :3

Does not hurt to ask nicely~
Every life has meaning, never lose sight of that.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 03:31:52 AM »

Let alone all the claims of 'uber chakra reserves' that I think one in every 3 characters, or more claim. Hence, the 4th Hokage Timmeh de-powered his character, in the belief that he is a true Ninja!

I call for all contradictory/un-'justified' over powered characters to get realistic for the sake of good role-play :3

See Rares? I told you! ;D

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:31:21 AM »

Good, then your first assignment is Elijah(minto), let me know how that goes haha
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 01:44:58 PM »

Good, then your first assignment is Elijah(minto), let me know how that goes haha

Actually talked to him, had him change his ways, etc. He's on the right path.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »

I remember when it was the canon knock off accounts that got trolled. People would call them Sasuke wanna bees, or whatever canon character it was they were ripping off, and ask them how come they couldn't come up with anything original.  This was carried even so far as to include people whose majority of jutsu were strictly canon. We all used to spend hours making up our own jutsu and trying them out in the zones on one another, having others check out the newly created power and seeing if they could knock holes in them. Funny how that was what was considered honorable and now it is quite the opposite.

I also remember quite recently being called a hypocrite for having Nayeli as a demon because demons do not exist in Naruto. No amount of arguing that Naruto is set in the Japanese culture and that a high degree of the names, people and places, come right out of Japanese Lore. A case in point would be Jiraiya. Check his story out on Wikipedia and you will find Tsunade and Orochimarue there as well as the use of Toads, Slugs and snakes as part of their powers. Naruto is full of that sort of thing. And since Oni are part of Japanese ledends it only seemed natural to me that these beings also exist in Naruto.

Rares, I see that you claim to have undergone some sort of surgery involving a blending of yourself and your dragon summons? The argument can thus be made that this is as much bun as Demons are for I have as yet to see any instance of dragon's existing in the Naruto manga. To claim that they must exist is just as valid a claim that demons do.

It is a precarious thing, hurling stones at others when one resides in a glass house of their own.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »

I....... gotta agree Kay. She's gotcha there Rare.

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »

Since most of the time, those disagreeing with such characters, don't really give any proper argumentation and just go "no, that doesn't fly" I choose to give a full argumentation of my personal opinion in regards to such.

While it's horrid when things get as messy as harassment level(I am also guilty of such on a few occasions) it's customary that whenever a small-mid-large group of people disagree with a certain form of rp they will ignore and or express their displease.

"Note: Using demons, curse seals of heaven, sharingan, etc that you do not have in-game, will displease many people in the zones. The best suggestion: use what you think is fair for our level."

This is the most we get in regards to rp rules, an advice of sorts, breaking it won't lead to any punishment of sorts on site staff level, and as such, SL is an rp community that rules itself. People will ignore and/or bash(sometimes crossing the line - again, guilty and sorry) whatever they deem as "wrong" in means of rp. And example of the community partially if not entirely silencing a belief would be claiming the in game kg in rp w/o having them or claiming a level far beyond your reset count.

The same applies when someone creates an overly modish jutsu of sorts. Now quite a few disapprove of custom demons and the alike, I will now elaborate my arguments in regards to my disapproval and possibly the arguments in the head of most that do disregard such characters:

It's not in Naruto, yes there are a bunch of fannon things on SL so that on it's own seems weird in spite of being the most commonly used argument. We have a whole bunch of custom techniques, summons and the alike that do not exist in Naruto, the thing would  that we do have what to relate them to such as other summons and other technique, whereas for demons, we just have the bijuu which in my view should clearly stay just that.

A second argument would be that it's at least as bad as claiming kg you didn't reset for if not worse. In most case people risk their lives, facing overly dangerous opponents in order to obtain a bijuu while regardless of weather in a lesser, similar, or superior form, just coming up with a random demon that is inside or that you are is simply a cheap way to claim bijuu/jinchuriki like status w/o earning it and w/o the tiresome responsibilities of a jinchuriki. Basically, just by putting it in your bio.

I also have the issue that most of the non-shinobi characters I know fail to rp properly w/o modding.

And now for my strongest argument:
Regardless of what we are, it's only fair that we play by the same rules. If a regular player(shinobi) would be deemed as modish for a certain claim or technique of sorts, the overly common "I can cause I'm a (insert random super natural creature)" shouldn't fly either. My dislike for such characters is greatly augmented by that excuse.
I don't intend to attack anyone with this, I am simply using the first example that came to mind: Kaizer/Nay's teleportation - Were one to come to a technique similar to hirashin or Tobi's teleportation they would be greatly frowned upon for ripping of the techniques, one of them being "claimed" and the other, arguably Uchiha Master+ only. While the teleportation I am addressing is not only similar to the two but superior, surpassing the barrier set on time space ninjutsu, in the sense that it takes the good parts of the two and kicks out the drawbacks. In means of vanishing, it is as fast as hirashin but lacks the marking prerequisite while the draw back kick out on the other time space ninjutsu is that it eliminates the vulnerability part in the sense that they don't take few seconds to phase out, seconds in which Tobi is vulnerable.

To sum up the above, I dislike how being a super natural being of sorts gets them the idea that they can use it as an excuse to claim what for the regular SL player, and in my view, the proper one, would be highly moddish.

Some have the the idea that resenting any form of rp means harm for the rp community in general. In my opinion, opting for a form of rp known to be a sore eyes for many is at least just as bad.

Again! The reason I've made this for is to make my full opinion on the matter a public, I am not looking for any arguments, I've already stated mine and continuing any further would just mean repeating them over and over again. I will by all means NOT respond to ANY form of attack to this opinion or my person, and possibly not even bother to read such.

Well summons are summons, quite a few great role players he their own original version of such. So are you calling out Zenaku as well? Hmm? And stop stalking my bio. << Alas, the point was not to argue but simply to make the opinion public and make the reason why does that disagree do so, a clear one. To be blunt, I do find it unfair to say "yo, that is modish, scrap it!" w/o any arguments.

I thank everyone for their input though. ^^

As for the cannon chars, to my knowledge they are only resented if issues arise from such:
A Kabuto cannon claiming the "claimed" edo tensei, a Namikaze claiming the hirashin and the fact that he is in fact the fourth hokage, an Orochimaru not only claiming snake summons but the scroll itself. The even bigger issues would be those that would try to claim kg they have not reset for and back it ups with cannon like a Hashirama account or a Madara one.
So cannon wise, issues only arise when you go claiming what you by no means could claim as custom character.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:30:35 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »

It just tickled me to point out how its fine for you but not me, especially after the thrashing I received from you.
:P

Your dragons being summons make no difference in the uptight view of canon is law and all else is crap world you invision SL becoming.

And Zenaku? Heh...I host one of those dragons myself. Thanks for making it legit though. You are the best Rares!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »

Oh, but all joking aside, I was wondering how it factors into the not creating jutsu or powers that already exist through a specific means based on the manga in order to claim a power without doing the duty.

Like how teleporting circumvents Hiraishim?>> Even though Nayeli's lineage have been doing that before it was revealed in the manga adn so is a trait of her family.

Well don't this dragon bond thing pirtate Kabuto's Dragon Sage mode which is obtainable only through the snake summons...to which I am sure you haven't signed?

yeah, I gave that to Mariko. It is her baby now so...

Uchiha, Rares

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »

Then you fail to see my view on a disturbing level. I'm not against custom techniques and what not as long as they don't cross the creativity/god modish thin line. When I brought up Zenaku, I meant his golems.
I see you to be ill intended in bringing this up to begin with and you are the last person I want to be discussing my "legitimacy with", or any topic for that matter, but just so that people don't get the idea I was left speechless:

Meh, Kabuto just stated he shed the skin of a snake and turned in to a dragon. I didn't even get why he opted for that choice of words. It mostly went to point out that unlike the regular sage mode, in which mutation is an imperfection, Kabuto's version is indeed a perfected form or even the improved version of such. Going with the "cooler" naming rather than sage mode lvl 2 or something like that.

It's not like my upgrade enables me to use natural energy, sage chakra, and/or senjutsu, which are pretty much the relevant things about sage mode in my view.

Or were you ACTUALLY suggesting that the snake summoner would have the right to dragons? If by chance it was what you meant... if it were meant as such, Manda and Manda 2 wouldn't be the strongest snake summons. As you said, dragons do not exist in Naruto, which makes that extension even more far fetched. Needless to say, that no matter how similar two species, we never seen the summoning extend to more than one. If Kakashi's sage mode would be him turning in to a werewolf of sorts we wouldn't go saying the dog summoning scroll extends to wolves, not does the cat summoning scroll extend to lions and tigers.

Over and out. This has gone off topic. I asked to refrain from arguments to begin with, yet you went and attacked my summons, when I already pointed at custom summons and techs being only reasonable and done by most top zoners.

I'm locking this in order to avoid yet another huge conflict.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:32:48 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.