Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Where The Boundaries End  (Read 8816 times)

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
Re: Where The Boundaries End
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

If players abide by the rules governing what can and what can't be done when challenging a jinchuuriki for their bijuu, or vice versa, then we wouldn't really need a council in the first place.

As aforementioned, there exists two roleplay-communities:
  • The hardcore roleplayers, who integrate Shinobi Legends' leveling and rebirthing system in with the bulk of Kishimoto's canonverse in order to not only enhance the overall experience (in duties), but also make it a system much more unique as opposed to roleplaying-boards (forum-hosted) which plague the interwebz.
  • The flexible players, who couldn't really care about the Narutoverse and would rather integrate a variety of racial species in with the minuscule quantity of concepts which compose Kishimoto's world, and well, make Shinobi Legends comparable to the roleplaying-boards (forum hosted) which plague the interwebz, quite notably in disregarding the significance in having a leveling/rebirthing system.

To remove either of the two by imposing (or removing) rules would led to a drastic reduction in Shinobi Legends' overall population. We can allow the two to coexist, by not allowing either to participate with one another in roleplay, which would, as I hypothesize, lead to very minimal debates, but even then that would be too much to ask. If they were to conjoin in roleplay, then should the second community be forced to revise their character's design in order to effectively "fit in", or be left alone and generally spark an OOC-debate?

I don't see why the two communities can't just get along. >_>

Seriously, there are the few out of both communities (You know wh you are. >_>) who argue with one another on how they don't like each others community. I, being apart of the first community, have no problem RPing with the latter community. It can be agreed upon that the latter community god-mods a lot, but so does the first one; it's just that the latter community does it more often due to being demons and whatnot. Both communities have their flaws and, if they learn to ignore them, then they can both get along and RP with each other.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »

Much like Nathan, I really don't mind people role-playing such-and-such with this-and-that; I have my own preferences and they're just that. I don't void people's role-play because they don't fit my fancy; I make "judgement" or "decisions" based on people requesting me to do so for them. My word isn't law (we all know this and push it down people's throats) but it is advice.

Needless to say I am (and have been) on a role-play hiatus. Hell, I don't even know where Raifudo "is" (dem drugs trips get the best of ya).

But, still, my point still stands that believes people can role-play how they want, as long as they understand what sort of role-play is going on. Call it segregation of sorts; Vampire/Demon/Neko/Etc.-based folk on this side, and over-powdered (yet, powdered; "powered" is overused) "ninja" (that still never gets old) on the other side.

The first sort of role-players, the nympho-manic cats and dead-alive people, have the perks of being whatever the bloody mess they wanna be.

The second set have the benefit of indulging themselves with pre-established role-play. Which is, but not limited to, bijuu-fight challenges, seven swordsmen, kageship, and all the whatnot's google could ever hope to list in relevance.

Quest

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 04:28:42 PM »

They told me that too! So I built a moving island with a Hidden Village on it overnight, and claimed the title Benikage! =D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:31:25 PM by Quest »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »

They told me that too! So I built a moving island with a Hidden Village on it overnight, and claimed the title Benikage! =D

Sweet! I shall fly over on a alcohol powered ship made from glass! :D And then, I shall shoot rainbows as Nekos roam free and demons contort into priests and sway the masses of SL with their robust speeches of how the world should be in their right mind!  :twisted: Bwhahahah!

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 01:29:08 AM »

When did we go from a serious discussion to the above?  :?:
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Quest

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2012, 01:44:37 AM »

Serious discussion? *reads the posts before the rainbow kitty*

It's just every stating their piece of mind. Like how they feel about the non-shinobi players. You kids are too young for a serious discussion.

Solo Iori

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »

Any opinion that can offer some variant form of a solution for this site's RP problems is something I concider serious. No matter what topic, is not a serious discussion between two people usually opinion based?
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »

The age-card seems to apply, apparently. We're too young for a serious discussion --  I guess Quest here is too old for a role-play site such as Naruto.

Regardless, I fail to see how opinion-based talk is not considered serious unless you reach an age limit.

Edit: Removed quote.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 02:26:45 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Quest

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 02:50:48 AM »

Well, I think we have already heard tons of personal opinions on the non-shinobi matter due to the abundance of branching threads regarding RP surrounding such characters. We are just repeating ourselves with different words, or contradicting what we said somewhere else and whatnot.

With everyone pouring in opinions and no one posting any solutions or answers, this is just a never ending spam thread.

where do the boundaries end? When do we stop chastising every person we don't agree with? When do we stop killing off people that don't share the same views as us? This whole RP situation is becoming increasingly chaotic and I fear the site could become a virtual LOB. What do you all think? When do we Stop?
The question kinda got lost and was forgotten after a few posts.

p/s: I'm too old to take your poking serious Rai, so stop trying XD

Solo Iori

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2012, 02:56:44 AM »

What's his face was offering quite a few good solutions that we could attempt. The one with a bunch of symbols. The problem is the lack of willingness for EVERYONE to try them out.

Quest

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:06 AM »

It's hard to achieve anything without anyone backing you up. You will just end up as a new minor RP community.

Solo Iori

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »

Which is what my prior post was stating.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 04:47:50 AM »

p/s: I'm too old

/Sigh.

Any who, going off of what Yumei/Nashley said (if memory recalls it being them):
Much like Nathan, I really don't mind people role-playing such-and-such with this-and-that; I have my own preferences and they're just that. I don't void people's role-play because they don't fit my fancy; I make "judgement" or "decisions" based on people requesting me to do so for them. My word isn't law (we all know this and push it down people's throats) but it is advice.

Needless to say I am (and have been) on a role-play hiatus. Hell, I don't even know where Raifudo "is" (dem drugs trips get the best of ya).

But, still, my point still stands that believes people can role-play how they want, as long as they understand what sort of role-play is going on. Call it segregation of sorts; Vampire/Demon/Neko/Etc.-based folk on this side, and over-powdered (yet, powdered; "powered" is overused) "ninja" (that still never gets old) on the other side.

The first sort of role-players, the nympho-manic cats and dead-alive people, have the perks of being whatever the bloody mess they wanna be.

The second set have the benefit of indulging themselves with pre-established role-play. Which is, but not limited to, bijuu-fight challenges, seven swordsmen, kageship, and all the whatnot's google could ever hope to list in relevance.

As long as we can find a vague point to what we can cross-over or not, we can coexist.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 05:04:49 AM »

p/s: I'm too old

/Sigh.

Any who, going off of what Yumei/Nashley said (if memory recalls it being them):

As long as we can find a vague point to what we can cross-over or not, we can coexist.

When did Yumei post?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 17 queries.