Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Where The Boundaries End  (Read 8912 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: Where The Boundaries End
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2012, 05:19:49 AM »

Smiley-face guy.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2012, 05:23:25 AM »

There is no solution except death. When it all boils down, nothing can be done except co-existing together. We can all work together to achieve more as long as we don't have these OOC-fests and utterly shutdown and kill everyone's ideas. You can work together and help one another so that no one is crossed.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm not getting into those long winded speeches. So, you get the idea. :o

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2012, 10:18:32 AM »

Smiley-face guy.
Angra Mainyu =/= Yumei. Srs.

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 02:42:45 AM »

Now that we have more than enough opinions on what is currently wrong with RP, I say it's time for us to start inventing someway for everyone to be happy. A lot of people are saying to just split. Others are saying to conform to the current RP standards and others are saying to RP with your friends.

I, personally, prefer an option that makes everyone happy. I believe though that the hardest part will be implementing the system and getting people to listen if and when we solve this vexing problem.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:29:21 AM by Solo Iori »
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 05:16:32 PM »

People will void/ridicule/ignore if they think your rp is wrong. It's as plain and simple as that. Now if they are just a few it might mean they are in the wrong, in such a case, you could just ask a well acknowledged rp guru. If too many people do that to you, it goes to say you should probably change some shizz.

As for implementing a system of sorts, that's not exactly possible either, it's not like we can just go "hey, we made a bunch of rules for you to follow in spite of nothing happening to you if you don't follow them and us having no ACTUAL authority. When? Oh well, this one time we talked on that forum not even a tenth of SL goes on to." Everyone has their own standards. Take demons for example, some void them entirely, some are fine if they don't overdo it, some say to stay in the limits of cs and cs2 and have them in order to do so, some suggest abilities like super speed and strength of demons should be backed by hachimon resets or an ice demon should have a hyouton reset, etc. You can't IMPOSE standards on people, what you can do, is make perfect sense, make them understand your opinion and have them understand their wrongs, if you are right of course. Just going "lolol, that's void cause I say so" is usually badly viewed and ignored.

People will not accept/stand for/refrain from ridiculing/voiding/ignoring what they deem as illegitimate. Void all the voiding and arguments over what should stand or what should not and you end up with a place in which who god modes better decides the best.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:48:35 PM by Uchiha, Rares »

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

Uchiha, Rares

• I don't argue. I just explain why I'm right. >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »

It's rude to not inform someone that they put on their pants the wrong way. ;D

Anyone is more than welcome to voice their opinions to those that they deem as wrong as long as they keep decency. What's wrong with pm'ing someone and informing them that many players on SL frown upon this or that? Furthermore, nothing wrong with pming someone with a list of well established arguments on why you think what they are doing is wrong. Hell, it might actually be something they did not see and they will be greatful for the help.

I'll be quoting the wikia on zone-fighting again. ^_^ Keep in mind that such is placed even in the wikia of an rp site that does not regulate rp. You're brilliant if you manage to mess up even on such a site. :D

"Note: Using demons, curse seals of heaven, sharingan, etc that you do not have ingame, will displease many people in the zones. The best suggestion: use what you think is fair for our level."

Yeah, people can't simply accept some random acad claiming grand master level off the bat while they wasted hundreds of hour just for that particular claim.

Same for demons, some are resembling cs1 and cs2 greatly, others even go to surpass it by far, all w/o lacking it, if custom demons are to be at all acceptable they should be limited by seal1 and 2. Both becoming and keeping jinchuriki is a big hassle. Others shouldn't just go and do it w/o such just by coming up with some random custom demon Bull. Basically, it's not quite right for those that have done nothing to earn it but instead their only merit being refusing to rp as shinobi, as most do and demand, and by doing such get a strong advantage over the players that consent to SL standards.

What else? Oh yeah, crossovers are fine and dandy, but keep in mind this is the Narutoverse, so Narutoize your stuff, use chakra, not magic/Reiatsu or w/e, use jutsu not spells. People relate to the Naruto verse to chack a tech for godmodding. The shinobi and bleach were split, don't just add a inuyasha legends and stuff.

Mind their own business? I think not. There is always the chance to encounter said role players in rp/battle and what not, this is merely a precaution   
against and argument erupting in the midst of battle.

So what do I do when people come ask me to see if that guy modded, explain why, etc, or just elaborate it to them cause I explain it better than the one requesting? "Sorry, bra, Kay says to stop helping others out in regards to proper rp. No can do. ;-;"

Trash doesn't seem to know it's place anymore. I'm here to fix that.

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »

hmmm
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 03:29:34 PM by hobbygobby »

Solo Iori

• So many possibiities, yet so many restrictions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 03:30:09 AM »

It's rude to not inform someone that they put on their pants the wrong way. ;D

Anyone is more than welcome to voice their opinions to those that they deem as wrong as long as they keep decency. What's wrong with pm'ing someone and informing them that many players on SL frown upon this or that? Furthermore, nothing wrong with pming someone with a list of well established arguments on why you think what they are doing is wrong. Hell, it might actually be something they did not see and they will be greatful for the help.

So what do I do when people come ask me to see if that guy modded, explain why, etc, or just elaborate it to them cause I explain it better than the one requesting? "Sorry, bra, Kay says to stop helping others out in regards to proper rp. No can do. ;-;"

It is different when someone requests your input, but when you begin to take it upon yourself, and continue to badger them, and in some cases, begin to insult them, it becomes to much. I know our last talk was nothing like this, and I am glad of that, but before hand, it was out of control. I also remember that you said that even if Shadow learned the move the legit way, you would hunt him down because you deemed him unworthy of knowing such a technique. Not to be rude, but who are you to deem whether someone is 'worty' of what? If whoever taught him the move lets him learn it, then he has every right to use it. Just an example.
"Also, the mating ritual of Sharks is interesting as it's basically gang rape."
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu has no idea what's being talked about.
Isaribi can send Ranketsu a video. <<;
Godaime Mizukage Ranketsu whines, "That wasn't love-making... That was WWE Underwater 5 on 1 Cage wrestling."

hobbygobby

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 06:53:30 AM »

The lot of you just need to walk in  my door. And ride the muse,s sweet winds of free expression. 

(the goblin sets down to his pipe and blows smoke rings )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.